yoursuf

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
How many miles do you have?
It will increase with time and the more distance you cover.
5k miles on it in 5 months.. still not sure how far I need to cover lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
yoursuf

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
five of many option:

1. charge your car at a CCS DC charger that shows the actual battery voltage. if it shows >800V at 100% then it's the bigger 94 kWh battery.

2. check the same SoC and voltage with ABRP and an OBD dongle

3. use the same OBD dongle and an sophistcated Taycan logging tool (https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/bizarre-whistleblower-claims-“60-of-all-delivered-taycan-have-battery-issues-that-caused-replacements-damages-and-fires”.7809/page-15#post-120502 and https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/deep-look-into-charging-a-cold-battery.8670/)

4. empty your battery as far as possible and fully charge it to see how much energy you put into it.

5. put your car on a scale and check the weight
Thanks... I think number 5 will be much more easier to check if I can find scale station nearby.

OP
OP
yoursuf

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
Very simple either ask your dealer to print of the options list for your car (based on VIN) or review your spec on My Porsche web site (not app). Click 'About my vehicle', scroll to 'Technical Data' then click 'All technical Data' and the option will be listed there if fitted.
I do see it listed there.. but I am trying to find evidence of it :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I went through the same dilemma in the early days - battery and rear axle steering - dealer visit and physical inspection confirmed all was present and correct.

OP
OP
yoursuf

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
I went through the same dilemma in the early days - battery and rear axle steering - dealer visit and physical inspection confirmed all was present and correct.
So did range got better for you? If so, from where to what and after what duration/miles?

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Not particularly scientific - what range is reported when charged to 100%?

Consumption is excellent.
It's been a while since I charged to 100%. I charged overnight to 59% using my four hours of cheap rate electricity and it's giving a range of 163 miles (in Normal mode, air con off) so extrapolating that gives 276 miles for 100% SoC

The 3.4 miles per kWh was nearly all motorway/dual carriageway. Speed mostly 60-70 mph but some sections 50mph. I certainly don't get the 3.4 miles/kWh consumption with 'urban' driving, I'm lucky to get 2.5 (according to the car) which is barely 200 miles on a full charge

I've seen some people on here saying that the consumption figures given by the car aren't accurate and you should keep note of how much you've charged the car and the miles travelled to get accurate consumption figures.

I notice that in the trip data table on the My Porsche website that the distance is 'Electrical distance'. If I put the route I did into google maps it says it's only 90 miles rather than 92 so maybe there's more inaccuracy coming from that

Finally, for full information disclosure my model is RWD with performance battery plus and I have Mission E wheels

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So did range got better for you? If so, from where to what and after what duration/miles?
Noticeable improvements in the summer compared to winter.

Max miles 220 (performance battery plus) @ 100% which then rose to a reliable 245 miles during summer.

Range should improve after 800 miles or so.

Don't expect massive changes.

Biggest range will be derived in warmer climates e.g. Florida, Calif, Texas etc where 280+ miles is commonplace.

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
How to find out if my Taycan has performance battery plus equipped? I know I paid ~$6k for it 😂 … but the miles I get on full charge doesn’t justify that I have it. Currently I am driving a brand new loaner and its same model as I have which is RWD, but it has very less upgrades compared to mine and I see it has range of 220-230 miles on full charge without performance battery plus on it. Now I am scratching my head as I get the same range of miles on full charge with performance battery plus. Now I am questioning if they forgot to put the performance battery plus .. can they… would they? Driving me crazy 😛.
Hi , you enter the page Suncoast parts ( they sell original Porsche parts ) you pay 10 usd with the Vin of your car and they send you in 2/3 days all the info of your car . Works for me . I have all standard and optional features I paid for my 4S in a full sheet . I have the same question as you about my battery and i solved this way .

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi , you enter the page Suncoast parts ( they sell original Porsche parts ) you pay 10 usd with the Vin of your car and they send you in 2/3 days all the info of your car . Works for me . I have all standard and optional features I paid for my 4S in a full sheet . I have the same question as you about my battery and i solved this way .
why would you pay for this info? go to your myporsche page and the monroney label is there for free.

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
why would you pay for this info? go to your myporsche page and the monroney label is there for free.
I asked 10000 times to the porsche dealer in my country and never send me the rigth info, so I decided to pay the $10. So I am now 100 % sure of all.

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Thanks, I am doing now for other info too, but my Porsche dealer never told me about this page.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm sure I mentioned before that the My Porsche account on the website lists the spec of the car under Technical details for free but hey ho.