Ready for winter

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just found out something many of you probably already know - many of the online tire dealers offer custom painting of wheels. I configured a few options that look pretty sweet (carid.com, wheelwarehouse.com). No idea what they charge for this, you have to request a quote. Which I am waiting on. To be continued...
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I just found out something many of you probably already know - many of the online tire dealers offer custom painting of wheels. I configured a few options that look pretty sweet (carid.com, wheelwarehouse.com). No idea what they charge for this, you have to request a quote. Which I am waiting on. To be continued...
CarID has some very nice wheels. Let us know what you select in the end

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I feel pretty fortunate. I was able to score a set of TechArt Formula 20's on eBay (like 19's on the wife's C4S below) and having them powder coated and mounted w/Pirelli Scorpion Snows at Porsche's recommended winter size. Total cost with powder/new valve stems and Porsche TPM and Scorpions about $4000.

A little apprehensive because I've never driven anything as wide as 285's in the rear on a Pcar but the Tay is heavy and Scorpions are good tread. By Feb. in Wisconsin I should have a pretty good idea how this works out :) .
Porsche Taycan Ready for winter Cab

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
IMG_20201012_141041.jpg
IMG_20201012_141020.jpg

Ready for winter :)

21" MAK wheels with Pirelli Sottozero 3
Your wheels look really nice! Have you any feedback about driving in snow and bad weather as yet. Or maybe you have not had any winter weather as yet in Norway? Interesting that you chose 21 inch wheels etc.

Byrkjedal

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 smart roadster, 2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Your wheels look really nice! Have you any feedback about driving in snow and bad weather as yet. Or maybe you have not had any winter weather as yet in Norway? Interesting that you chose 21 inch wheels etc.
Thanks!
Havn't tried them in snowy conditions yet. But they work great on dry and wet roads.
I think 21" is the best looking wheel size on this car. :)