Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
First time I tried the launch control. Now I know what Lewis Hamilton feels like when the lights go green at the Monaco Grand Prix ?
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
That’s very encouraging for people like myself who have ordered a CT4. I originally wanted a 4s but downgraded my order to get an allocation this year and quite frankly wouldn’t ever be trying to race it. I was concerned that it wouldn’t feel fast enough for a Porsche even if my family hates going that fast anyway. How is it accelerating for overtaking?

I'm getting out of my 4S sedan and into a CT4 in a couple of months (assuming no setbacks), and after all the time with the 4S, I realized at least for my uses, the extra speed was hardly needed. Unless you plan to track your estate vehicle, you'll be none the wiser.

I test drove a RWD Taycan (with the smaller battery) just to get a feel for how the power drop off would feel, and I still thought it was a fantastic ride. It has great passing acceleration, which matters more to me, and the handling, which for me defines the brand far more than speed, is still pure Porsche. I know it's not really an equal comparison, but considering the CT4 is all wheel drive, bigger battery, and a bit faster comparatively, I knew I was going to be just fine making the jump. The torque and speed, even without a launch is still enough to scare the crap out of your passengers if you're so inclined.

Cars at this point, like the Turbo S or Tesla Plaid are near the points where their acceleration is dangerous. Any vehicle with a 4 or 5 second 0-60 is more than enough.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm getting out of my 4S sedan and into a CT4 in a couple of months (assuming no setbacks), and after all the time with the 4S, I realized at least for my uses, the extra speed was hardly needed. Unless you plan to track your estate vehicle, you'll be none the wiser.

I test drove a RWD Taycan (with the smaller battery) just to get a feel for how the power drop off would feel, and I still thought it was a fantastic ride. It has great passing acceleration, which matters more to me, and the handling, which for me defines the brand far more than speed, is still pure Porsche. I know it's not really an equal comparison, but considering the CT4 is all wheel drive, bigger battery, and a bit faster comparatively, I knew I was going to be just fine making the jump. The torque and speed, even without a launch is still enough to scare the crap out of your passengers if you're so inclined.

Cars at this point, like the Turbo S or Tesla Plaid are near the points where their acceleration is dangerous. Any vehicle with a 4 or 5 second 0-60 is more than enough.
I drove mine once on the German autobahn and got it up to 185kmh before the family protests overruled me. The acceleration levels off a bit as you go from 130 to 180. So if outrunning cops in German autobahn car chases is an important requirement I’d say the 4S is mandatory!

Last edited:

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, e-Golf, Austin Mini, +
Country flag
I drove mine once on the German autobahn and got it up to 185kmh before the family protests overruled me. The acceleration levels off a bit as you go from 130 to 180. So if outrunning cops in German autobahn car chases is an important requirement I’d say the 4S is mandatory!
I have to agree that the CT4 doesn’t feel especially quick accelerating at speed. I haven’t tried launch control yet but I’m sure the extra power from that is decent. I transitioned from a 500+hp twin turbo V8 that was much faster. I’m actually a bit disappointed in the CT4 acceleration for merging/overtaking and wish I had gone for the CT4S instead.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I have to agree that the CT4 doesn’t feel especially quick accelerating at speed. I haven’t tried launch control yet but I’m sure the extra power from that is decent. I transitioned from a 500+hp twin turbo V8 that was much faster. I’m actually a bit disappointed in the CT4 acceleration for merging/overtaking and wish I had gone for the CT4S instead.
I can sympathize with you on the topic of switching to a Taycan from a powerful vehicle. I am switching out of a Model S with Ludicrous (not Plaid) and when I test drove the Taycan 4S I immediately noticed that highway acceleration was somewhat sluggish as compared to what I'm driving today. That pushed me into a Turbo CT (same power without launch mode as Turbo S, since I don't care much about launch mode as I don't plan to use it - I don't use it on a Tesla either). Besides having to spend more money, that also makes for a longer wait (still waiting for an allocation, dealer tells me 11 months before I get my delivery). :(

• Wow
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
First time I tried the launch control. Now I know what Lewis Hamilton feels like when the lights go green at the Monaco Grand Prix ?
I haven’t tried launch control when I was testing Taycan (sedan)….actually, I even didn’t know how to do that.
but when I pushed on a highway…well, i’ve never drove something like that, and it was ”only” RWD.

Austintin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2014
Country flag
I floored it a few times today because traffic is so light and it was crazy ::
Don't tell anyone but I hit 104 mph going East on Sand Hill, on the uphill past the horse park after Whiskey Hill Rd ... for those of you who are familiar :LOL:
https://accelete.com/

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I floored it a few times today because traffic is so light and it was crazy ::
Don't tell anyone but I hit 104 mph going East on Sand Hill, on the uphill past the horse park after Whiskey Hill Rd ... for those of you who are familiar :LOL:
We will not tell anyone. Your secret is safe with all 4,500 of us forum members. No kidding, enjoy to the fullest!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Magazines and web sites pretty well never mention the tyres.
Any grip limited performance aspect, and I am fairly sure launch is grip limited at least initially, even with 4WD, the tyres will have an influence.

If the official figures fior the 4S are with the base tyres and a test is done with bigger tyre options I would be totally shocked if the test wasn't better than to standard figures.

It is like handling tests and lap time comparisons pretty well entirely meaningless if we don't know the tyres.

The car makers know this of course...

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
I've had a 911 991.2 for 3 years and when I traded it in the dealer told me I never used launch control. So it seems I'm not so important for me. Than I live in a country with a max. speed op 130km per hour. So I decided that the 4CT is more than goof for me. The couple of times I'm crossing Germany mu wife starts protesting when I'm exceeding 200. So what is the purpose to by a 4sCT instead of the 4CT. I spend the saving on a lot go nice options :)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I've had a 911 991.2 for 3 years and when I traded it in the dealer told me I never used launch control. So it seems I'm not so important for me. Than I live in a country with a max. speed op 130km per hour. So I decided that the 4CT is more than goof for me. The couple of times I'm crossing Germany mu wife starts protesting when I'm exceeding 200. So what is the purpose to by a 4sCT instead of the 4CT. I spend the saving on a lot go nice options :)
I also ordered a 4 CT. My wife starts to complain around 170 km/h. Maybe a good reason not to take the passenger display. And I must say seeing my kids on the back seat in the rear view mirror also makes me reduce my speed .
Sponsored

Reactions: B61