Rear Spoiler Fault?!

Razor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1 Series F20, BMW X3 G01, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I woke up and started the car to be greeted with this message, now the spoiler is stuck at position 0 and doesn’t raise at high speeds nor in range mode, the manual cleaning position is also grayed out.
Any ideas how to solve this?
Did it happen to any of you guys?
Porsche Taycan Rear Spoiler Fault?! 990FED36-1A29-4847-9ACE-E854E697A121
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Lock the car and have a walk for 15 mins and ask yourself why you went Taycan. By the time you come back it will probably have sorted itself out.

OP
OP
Razor

Razor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone? Seems like I’m the only one suffering this issue, couldn’t find any answers on the internet. I’m abroad and probably will have to give the dealer a visit once I’m back home.
Frustrating…

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The rear spoiler on my 4S sedan is sitting in a non-flush spot, so the frontmost points on the outer edges stick up a bit. This seems like a non-aero-friendly spot. I just got the car back from having the heater replaced and they didn't mention it (I forgot in the rush to pick up).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The rear spoiler on my 4S sedan is sitting in a non-flush spot, so the frontmost points on the outer edges stick up a bit. This seems like a non-aero-friendly spot. I just got the car back from having the heater replaced and they didn't mention it (I forgot in the rush to pick up).
Which MY?

Mine has done this during cold / winter months since new.(2 years old) and is a material issue with the plastics. When it gets warmer mine reseats properly.

Known problem. Warranty to repair / replace.

I've not bothered yet as I have a new car coming (fed up going to the Dealership to be honest).

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
They get misaligned when frosted and being forced to raise, will need recalibration at workshop.
this is the first thing my dealer warned me for, don’t let the spoiler engage if the car is not fully defrosted,

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
They get misaligned when frosted and being forced to raise, will need recalibration at workshop.
this is the first thing my dealer warned me for, don’t let the spoiler engage if the car is not fully defrosted,
In my case it is 100% not frost related. I keep the car in the garage (mostly) and the spoiler doesn't re-seat properly from around November to April then all is back to normal again. Besides, you can't control when it raises and when it doesn't other than driving at much reduced speeds. You can set it to cleaning mode but that makes no difference either and it will reset to auto once you drive off. Perhaps Porsche should have provided a heated spoiler!

20 months ago I had the debate with the dealer (you can search this forum) but they advised there wasn't an adjustment that could be made (odd I know). One forum member did have their's adjusted but I think it wasn't a permanent fix. I could go through the torture of having it replaced but the inconvenience is huge IMHO plus I'm ever hopeful the dealer would have been in touch since it was registered with them as an 'issue'.

I find it astonishing that for a company who has had aero aids like this for as long as I can remember (my Boxster now 11 years old has an auto deploying rear spoiler and has never missed a beat) can fail miserably with the Taycan (just another piece of poor quality materials).

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
just spotted yesterday, mine is not aligned as well.
very unflattering picture, but not ok IMHO.
curious if others can check theirs, because comparing pictures it seems some are better aligned than others. It opens and closes just fine (tested via PCM) it just seats to high?

Porsche Taycan Rear Spoiler Fault?! 64F2D09C-C889-44FA-AA7D-40593D098D7B

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Rear Spoiler Fault?! DAAB78A3-E105-4FA3-9C49-DF74B6767E39

As @W1NGE says this is a known issue and affected a lot of earlier cars. This is a photo I took when my 2020 was one month old. Oddly I had the problem for the first winter of ownership but not the second. My dealer wouldn’t offer a fix just said they were monitoring things with Porsche at the time. The image in this pic is about as extreme as it got.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
ThnX, yours reseated itself when temps became higher?

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
DAAB78A3-E105-4FA3-9C49-DF74B6767E39.jpeg

As @W1NGE says this is a known issue and affected a lot of earlier cars. This is a photo I took when my 2020 was one month old. Oddly I had the problem for the first winter of ownership but not the second. My dealer wouldn’t offer a fix just said they were monitoring things with Porsche at the time. The image in this pic is about as extreme as it got.
My car is an early car and mine was sitting a bit low in the middle, no fault or anything though.
My dealer replaced the carrier, something about material...
Works fine ever since.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Razor

Razor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just an update on the original issue I posted, I took the car for inspection and the dealer replaced the spoiler control unit and it’s back to normal, didn’t pay a dime since it’s covered under warranty. The error is gone too.
Sponsored