Rear spoiler will not reposition itself

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi,

Mine is exactly the same and I've noticed it on other MY21 cars that I've seen parked in various locations. I don't think it is model year (MY) specific.

I've got mine booked in 28/01/21 to get sorted as it does my OCD no good at all! One day I'll get to own a new Porsche that I've not had to take back to the dealers at least once in the first few months of ownership...

Thx

Thx
Definitely not model year specific since mine is a 2020. Pushed back my dealer appointment to repair this end of February now.
Sponsored

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I have the same issue now and have it booked into dealer on 8th Feb. It was fine when first got the car but noticed it after some months.

Billocrates

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
Mine too. Please let us know when this issue is resolved.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Yep, me too. Not as bad as the picture in the first post, but it's not flat. Wasn't like that on delivery.
My car was collected by my dealer last week (to fix the tracker that wasn't registered properly :rolleyes: ) and it was their driver that noticed it. He said they had 4 other cars so far with the same issue. Solution is a complete new rear spoiler assembly apparently!

Edit: @Parmd - same dealer as you, so I guess you're one of the other 4 cars..

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I just delivered mine for service regarding this issue and another thing. I was told that there will be a campaign for the spoiler issue, and they will probably not try to fix it at my appointment today.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had mine booked in for the work to be performed today and guess what...they didn't resolve it but merely confirmed I had the problem :headbang:. Apparently Porsche UK now acknowledge the wider problem and will recall cars as necessary at some point in the future.

Hacked off if I'm honest as I challenged them to only take the car if they were going to resolve this issue today and denied all knowledge of other cars with the same issue.

More OPCs should join this forum and get better informed, just sayin'.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Mine has the same but OPC has no knowledge of any issues with the spoiler

Could I ask that if anyone can get the dealership to let them know exactly what the technical bulletin or details of the fix are then that would be VERY helpful as every time my car goes back in they spend days/sometimes weeks diagnosing issues,

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
PSC Bergen readjusted my spoiler successfully. They told me they've had multiple people with the issue.

They also told me the spoiler itself is plastic. Might have something to do with it. Idk. I was just happy to have a flush spoiler again. Mine wasn't as bad as the OP however.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I had mine booked in for the work to be performed today and guess what...they didn't resolve it but merely confirmed I had the problem :headbang:. Apparently Porsche UK now acknowledge the wider problem and will recall cars as necessary at some point in the future.

Hacked off if I'm honest as I challenged them to only take the car if they were going to resolve this issue today and denied all knowledge of other cars with the same issue.

More OPCs should join this forum and get better informed, just sayin'.
Mine has been in today and I've had the same answer. Awaiting recall to be issued and I'll be notified shortly thereafter.

VCDA Coach

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too have an issue with the spoiler not completely returning to base. I have mine booked in in May!
I'm told it can be adjusted but this is only a "temporary" fix. The OPC is waiting for a "fix" to be issued from Porsche technical. I'd be interested to know what the problem is. I was told it was due to water ingress, but that sounds like BS.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealership raised this issue up the flag pole and was told to replace the "support section" of the rear spoiler. There was a "support section" part already in the country which was delivered to the dealership overnight and installed the next day. This fixed my misalignment...and so far the misalignment hasn't returned. But given that this part was already in inventory, I don't think it is a revised version but rather the same part that is in all our Taycans which is subject to misalignment issues. It might be worth waiting for the actual fix/recall unless the misalignment bothers you as much as it did for me!

The part number that was replaced on my service workorder says "9J1-827-934-OK1 "Rear Spoiler Matt BL"

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Yikes. I'm mentally cataloging all of the various issues being brought up here on the forum as I await production of my 4S. This problem seems an odd one as Porsche has been building cars with motorized spoilers since the late '80's (964). You'd think they'd have implementation figured out by now.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yikes. I'm mentally cataloging all of the various issues being brought up here on the forum as I await production of my 4S. This problem seems an odd one as Porsche has been building cars with motorized spoilers since the late '80's (964). You'd think they'd have implementation figured out by now.
Well considering the issues with charge port doors - electric or manual - even the most mundane of items isn't immune from fault or failure on a Porsche ?

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve noticed the same with my 21 4S, I’ve checked pics from the day I collected the car when the spoiler was definitely flush and now I’d say it’s about 1cm higher and not flush (not quite as prominent as the original poster pics) when retracted/closed, similar to others I tried opening/closing via the cleaning mode but made no difference.

From above it doesn’t sound as if an official recall/fix has been produced, my local OPC is Glasgow so I’m not sure it’s worth booking it in to be only told they are waiting on a fix.

Anyone had any joy in the UK on getting a fix?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Same story for me. No fix issued yet. Dealer thought they could adjust but aborted as they got the official line from Porsche that a campaign was coming.

I think Silverstone Porsche have fixed at least one (temporary or otherwise).

I guess we need to be patient and live with the OCD issue this is causing!
Sponsored