Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
Monatelange Standzeiten möglich

Audi und Porsche rufen die elektrischen Sportwagen Audi E-Tron GT und Porsche Taycan zurück. Teilemangel kann für monatelange Standzeiten der Fahrzeuge in den Werkstätten sorgen.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/verkehr/rueckrufe-fuer-audi-e-tron-gt-und-porsche-taycan/

English translation:

Possible leaks and cell defects in the high-voltage battery force the Audi E-Tron GT and the Porsche Taycan into the workshops. At Porsche, the free inspection and any necessary battery immersion takes four hours; Audi did not provide any information. This is a voluntary recall, the Federal Motor Transport Authority in Flensburg has been informed. Currently, waiting times of up to three months are possible due to a lack of parts. The affected vehicles should not be moved during this time.
Sponsored

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Interesting..

Let's see if they also do a recall in other countries for this issue. The mentioned potential leakage of the battery shell is not new right?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Good to see that the long waits for diagnosis and repair are being publicized.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag

Audi und Porsche rufen die elektrischen Sportwagen Audi E-Tron GT und Porsche Taycan zurück. Teilemangel kann für monatelange Standzeiten der Fahrzeuge in den Werkstätten sorgen.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/verkehr/rueckrufe-fuer-audi-e-tron-gt-und-porsche-taycan/

English translation:

Possible leaks and cell defects in the high-voltage battery force the Audi E-Tron GT and the Porsche Taycan into the workshops. At Porsche, the free inspection and any necessary battery immersion takes four hours; Audi did not provide any information. This is a voluntary recall, the Federal Motor Transport Authority in Flensburg has been informed. Currently, waiting times of up to three months are possible due to a lack of parts. The affected vehicles should not be moved during this time.
The US recall is NHTSA campaign 24V215000 (and 24V217000)

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=24V215

I am thinking many free batteries are in our future!

Last edited:

Cuisle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, EQS 450+, BMW iX 50
Country flag

English translation:

How do we know if we are affected?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received the APB5 letter today from Porsche UK. Then also got a call from Porsche UK.

Porsche UK stated that the car will be booked for 5 days, once parts are available.
The dealer will contact me closer to time; expected call back from dealer would be in a few months (not in a few weeks).

Advisory note that came along with the letter:
- Drive as normal, use car as normal.
- Only recommendation: Do not charge battery more than 80%

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only 606 cars in the US. How many Taycans have been sold there?

agility65

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S/Tesla 3 & X
Country flag
- Only recommendation: Do not charge battery more than 80%
This seems like a prudent advisory for ALL Taycan's at this point. I've already had a battery cell and module replaced, but even if I'm immune from this recall, I don't see much benefit to charging over 80% in any of my scenarios.

It sure would be nice to have an OTA update to enforce or at least encourage this behavior. :)

Reactions: B61

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This seems like a prudent advisory for ALL Taycan's at this point. I've already had a battery cell and module replaced, but even if I'm immune from this recall, I don't see much benefit to charging over 80% in any of my scenarios.

It sure would be nice to have an OTA update to enforce or at least encourage this behavior. :)
Porsche advises 85%. Which I find low already considering the relatively great buffer they use. So they are on the safe side.