oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I mostly drive in town so I tend to turn it on to avoid rear ending other drivers.
Sponsored

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Sorry, newbie owner question ( 2 days in) Is regen supposed to be set in certain modes, as in factory modes?

Is it the sport and sport plus mode that gave it set on?

Car feels more natural without it on, but I find the brakes a bit poor without it?

With sonic, that regen seems to add a bit in sports modes as feels more eventful.

Does regen add much and what does it actually do?
The car glides without it, it’s a thing of true beauty. I love driving without regen. No mode will turn it on by default. If you have the sport steering wheel and have the individual mode, you can save this in your individual setting so it goes on automatically, but I don’t know why you’d ever do it. I use it when it’s more stop and go traffic, a couple hilly roads that are speed limited (and up the street from the police station), and if I’m coming to a red light and gaming the speed to not actually have to brake (I know, the brakes will regenerate anyway but I like to just press a button and slow).

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The car glides without it, it’s a thing of true beauty. I love driving without regen. No mode will turn it on by default. If you have the sport steering wheel and have the individual mode, you can save this in your individual setting so it goes on automatically, but I don’t know why you’d ever do it. I use it when it’s more stop and go traffic, a couple hilly roads that are speed limited (and up the street from the police station), and if I’m coming to a red light and gaming the speed to not actually have to brake (I know, the brakes will regenerate anyway but I like to just press a button and slow).
Our MY2020 Turbo S turns regeneration on in both Sport & Sport+ modes. I might have noticed sooner had I taken my foot off the accelerator!

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I’ve been driving a Volvo XC90 T8 hybrid for the last 3 years and my wife has the BMW i3.

The Volvo has the regen on a gear knob. It’s slightly more aggressive regen than the Taycan. I do use it all the time, like mentioned above, to reduce the speed, like a downshift in a car. It would be great to have it on paddles on the Taycan. The i3 on the other hand is far more aggressive regen than both the Volvo and the Taycan. It’s great for, really lazy, one pedal driving around town. I do see where Porsche is coming from with coasting and using the brake pedal for the regen but It would be nice to have the options.
Sponsored