Reliability poll

Has your Taycan broken down during a journey whilst driving it?

• Total voters

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
once porsche finally figured out how to fix the charging conflict that some of us were having the car, other than the pesky PCM quirks, has been flawless.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
2021. 6 weeks in service, 10 weeks out of service based on e-box/ fuse module blowing, now at 4 weeks in service 🤞

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Was driving with 49% battery and suddenly got 0%. Car was still running but called the tow truck. When truck arrived, car was normal 🤦🏻😂 i voted for yes since I was on the side of the road for 3 hrs for nothing

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess I was maybe starting to buy into some of the negative reports and was expecting this to be much higher regarding issues.
Thanks @f1eng for the poll.

(I’m not discounting people’s issues, but was expecting more prevalence).
When the same people/trolls postnegative comments over and over again, it can skew your perspective if you’re not careful. Luckily most of them have gotten bored and moved on to other forums to stir those pots.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
There are plenty of complaints about software problems causing inconvenience.
I am interested in a breakdown causing you to have to pull off the road while driving and get some sort of assistance.
It has never happened to me in 55 years of driving fwiw.
How about the main instrument cluster black screen of death. Had to call breakdown assistance. Battery disconnect did zip. Then drive carefully to Porsche 'in the dark info' with no speedo etc.

• Sad
Reactions: B61

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
Hopefully!
The continuing failure for people using 7kW single phase on 22kW 3 phase chargers has a solution now apparently so will work through and it doesn't stop the car when driving just fails while charging and leaves the car unusable.
Hi Frank,
Can you give me a pointer or summary about that issue, as I'd heard the onboard charger did overheat and damage some cells in Taycans but haven't seen anything about it recently. I use mostly 6kW Chargepoint chargers (not sure if they are single phase) and still use sloooow 110v charging at home just to be super nice to my Taycan 4S (in production as of yesterday!) and 6 previous EVs and reduce chance of fire.

Cheers,
Bruce

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hi Frank,
Can you give me a pointer or summary about that issue, as I'd heard the onboard charger did overheat and damage some cells in Taycans but haven't seen anything about it recently. I use mostly 6kW Chargepoint chargers (not sure if they are single phase) and still use sloooow 110v charging at home just to be super nice to my Taycan 4S (in production as of yesterday!) and 6 previous EVs and reduce chance of fire.

Cheers,
Bruce
Sorry, I don’t know what the US situation is either in terms of reliability due to the difference in voltage not availability of the latest parts, it seems modified designs are being used in repairs here.

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
Sorry, I don’t know what the US situation is either in terms of reliability due to the difference in voltage not availability of the latest parts, it seems modified designs are being used in repairs here.
Thanks... I found a thread on 22kW on board charger, and I specifically didn't order 19.2kW US on board charger or 150kW 400v options because I didn't want to add complexity with things I will never or rarely ever use. Here's the thread which gives me fairly good confidence I'll be safe charging at 6kW and probably also at 7kW given my configuration : https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-on-porsche-car-configurator.7728/post-150464

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
No major problems, but for what it’s worth, I have had petrol cars break down on me. Cam belt broke (happened to me twice), temperature sensor died on a car - still drove but needed urgent sort out. Older cars than my Taycan though

pcgeek

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Mercedes GLS 63, Ram 3500
Country flag
Voted yes but it was from before the software fix where the software would freak out and kill power randomly. Pulled to the side of the road, power cycled and was back on my way but was pretty disconcerting.

An update late last year fixed it and haven't had any drive issues since.