WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FWIW, the “preheat with remote unlocking” is possibly the most annoying feature on my (MY23) car - because of its reliability. If you keep your car locked in the garage, simply unlocking it remotely may solve your problem faster and better than a 100% reliable app would.

(The reason I find it annoying is that after a drive, it does _the same_ upon opening any other door (say, to get something from the rear seat), wasting energy _and_ sending me a useless notification when done. I tend to disable it when I travel where I would expect to lock and unlock the car frequently.)
Agreed it wastes energy either heating or cooling unnecessarily but there’s a workaround. As soon as I have to unlock or open the trunk to get something, once I lock it back up and just go into the app to stop the climate control.
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Agreed it wastes energy either heating or cooling unnecessarily but there’s a workaround. As soon as I have to unlock or open the trunk to get something, once I lock it back up and just go into the app to stop the climate control.
I tried that, and then become even more aggravated because the app can’t connect to the server/to the car.

Oh well. It really is my one and only annoyance with the car. 🤷🏻‍♂️

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tried that, and then become even more aggravated because the app can’t connect to the server/to the car.

Oh well. It really is my one and only annoyance with the car. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I guess I should count my blessings because 99% of the time I’m able to connect and turn it off. It must be location dependent.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Works 99% of time for me. It didn’t work only when they had problems with the Porsche servers and the service was down

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
MY24 is no different in terms of looks tech or spec.

MY25 will see a larger battery and some cosmetic changes - potentially less reliance on touch controls for AC etc.

My MY23 GTS ST has been 100% perfect and reliable - preheat / cool works just fine. I had a MY21 4S for 2.5 years from new it was plagued with problems.
Funny I had the same thoughts about my GTS following my 2020 4S until the heater failed just before Christmas! I remember we ordered about the same time for collection last year, so I suspect your heater is also ready for failure. The good news, a different version is being fitted and - with all the practice - replacement is quite quick. . .

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, CT4 on order
Country flag
You can switch this feature off

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can switch this feature off
I know that and have thought about doing it before but it comes in handy for my wife while she loads groceries and putting the cart away the car be cooled/heated during those 5 minutes or so.

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
I have a my23 4S ST which was registered in Feb and the App along with charging profiles and Preheat have been working fine, just had a couple of communication issues which were soon rectified by unlocking and removing the charger, but I would say 99% reliability.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi all. Merry Christmas. I am brand new to this forum, but not to Porsche. We had a 2020 Carrera White Metallic Turbo Taycan and a 2022 Volcano Metallic Taycan GTS (past Porsches were a Seal Gray 2006 4S cab, GT Silver 2008 Turbo cab and a silver 2016 911S).

I am negotiating on a new 2024 Taycan...incentives and discounts are beyond insane ($18-22k off msrp).

My worry is the Porsche app overall reliability. I love electric for many reasons, but #1 to me is the ability to pre-cool and pre-warm the cabin before driving. I do not have a thyroid (sucks!, lol) and I cannot regulate body temp like most can. Being able to not shiver or sweat to death before driving means everything to me.

Our 20 & 22 Taycan pre-climate app would work maybe 50/50. My '22 e-tron would NOT work 99% of the time. But...our BMW iX and i4 pre-climate app works 99% of the time :) We are always amazed how well the BMW app works and there is usually 1-2 app updates each month and BMW keeps improving and adding features and "fun" things.

Has VAG improved the Porsche app performance and reliability for 2023 and 2024?

I love the look, feel and drive of the Taycan....but if the app is like our 2020 Taycan, 2022 Taycan and 2022 e-tron....the ownership experience for me would be decimated.

And does anyone know how much different the 2025 Taycan will be? The 2024 model looks awesome, but retained value would tank even more than it has, if the 2025 is substantially different.

Thanks so much!
Bottom line, YES, there is a climate button right in the front of the app which allows to heat or clim the seat and the inside of the car remotely. You need to have a good cell coverage wherever your car is sitting as it communicate with it via cell. The cell phone provider used for the Taycan is to be checked with your dealer. There is a way to validate this in the car at the dealer with whichever Taycan they have. All Taycan sold at that dealer will use the same cell provider.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just set your expectations low, and when the car CAN connect to the App, celebrate! Otherwise enjoy the incredible driving experience in what has been marked as many publications car of the year for its segment. 🤠

Martin OBrien

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
If software is your main concern a Tesla Model S blows away a Porsche.
I do moved to a Tacan from 3 sequential Telsa'. It is like stepping back in time SW while. How can a company like Porsche not get this right. it fails to impress both on-car and on the app. Whether the 'feel and handling over come these negatives as I settle into driving it is TBD

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
What are the glaring issues? I’m naive (also coming from Tesla). If, regardless of anything else, there is wireless CarPlay available for Mac, Audio, etc, what are the biggest software issues that are most annoying?