First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi guys

I have a MY 2022 Taycan with the remote app (including remote parking) and the remote climate control is not working. When I request the service it comes up with the error message 'The function cannot be executed etc'.

It is timing out v quickly (my observation being the function isn't even reaching the car at all) and I have tried it on Android and IOS, in a variety of locations and using 4G and local wifi and nothing.

Other functions seem fine including remote parking and sending destinations.

I wanted to establish if anyone else is experiencing this issue, I have noticed it over the last couple of weeks.

Thank you in advance

Kerry.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi guys

I have a MY 2022 Taycan with the remote app (including remote parking) and the remote climate control is not working. When I request the service it comes up with the error message 'The function cannot be executed etc'.

It is timing out v quickly (my observation being the function isn't even reaching the car at all) and I have tried it on Android and IOS, in a variety of locations and using 4G and local wifi and nothing.

Other functions seem fine including remote parking and sending destinations.

I wanted to establish if anyone else is experiencing this issue, I have noticed it over the last couple of weeks.

Thank you in advance

Kerry.
Only thing I can think off is a weak cell connection but if other features are working from the same location then that doesn't explain it either.

Perhaps the car is already at an ambient you are try to set?

OP
OP

kerryburn

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Only thing I can think off is a weak cell connection but if other features are working from the same location then that doesn't explain it either.

Perhaps the car is already at an ambient you are try to set?
I will check that, there is an air con setting that keeps appearing (air completed) I did not think it mattered as it was working but I will disable anything in the car. V frustrating in this weather :)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I will check that, there is an air con setting that keeps appearing (air completed) I did not think it mattered as it was working but I will disable anything in the car. V frustrating in this weather :)

What temperature did you set your AC? If you set it to 20 and the car is parked inside maybe it is still warm enough?

is your car parked inside? It needs a active connection.

For the location it just shows the last available location before the signal is lost. And remote control I don’t know but could be a direct connection between the WiFi / Bluetooth of the car.

A work around could be setting a timer, at least you can see if it works.

can you sent a timer or charging profile to your car. Maybe that can confirm a connection problem.

OP
OP

kerryburn

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
What temperature did you set your AC? If you set it to 20 and the car is parked inside maybe it is still warm enough?

is your car parked inside? It needs a active connection.

For the location it just shows the last available location before the signal is lost. And remote control I don’t know but could be a direct connection between the WiFi / Bluetooth of the car.

A work around could be setting a timer, at least you can see if it works.

can you sent a timer or charging profile to your car. Maybe that can confirm a connection problem.
Agreed, I think it is a connection problem, as you know the whole point of the remote is so I can heat it ad hoc, pretty sure timers work but I will check it all out. Thanks so much guys

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Anyone know if you can heat car remotely while it’s plugged in on charger?

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Sounds like a problem (bug) in the app if the error is showing up fast and send destination is working.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I do also get the message airco completed sometimes when I set preheating.
Agreed, I think it is a connection problem, as you know the whole point of the remote is so I can heat it ad hoc, pretty sure timers work but I will check it all out. Thanks so much guys
yes you can. That is part of the benefit. Preconditioning and recharging the used battery charge.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
I get the airco completed message at random times when the car shuts down. Normally when I just visit the car to take something out I forgot. Then I get the message on th we app 2 minutes later.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes - use the preheat timer on the app in the same way as you would if not connected to your EVSE (it's not a charger - that's physically in the car and not your wall box).

Porsche Taycan Remote climate control Screenshot_20221127-200330_My Porsche

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I get the airco completed message at random times when the car shuts down. Normally when I just visit the car to take something out I forgot. Then I get the message on th we app 2 minutes later.
Do you have preheat/cool switched in the PCM to activate when you unlock / lock the car?