4 zone climate control question

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Hello,
I had regular climate on my 4s but opted for the 4-zone for my GTS (mainly because it looks nicer in the back!). For the front, the car will start with the last used setting but in the rear the control unit needs to be turned on each time the car is started. Can this be changed so it behaves like the front?

Thanks
Gitesh
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello,
I had regular climate on my 4s but opted for the 4-zone for my GTS (mainly because it looks nicer in the back!). For the front, the car will start with the last used setting but in the rear the control unit needs to be turned on each time the car is started. Can this be changed so it behaves like the front?

Thanks
Gitesh
Check AC sittings in the PCM which should enable front and rear compartments to be synced. Ensure the SYNC button is active to enable control of the rear to be aligned with the front.

If not then it may be a deliberate intervention to keep energy consumption to a minimum. If no rear seat occupants then no need for the AC to be on in that zone.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I think mine remembers what it was set to in terms of temp/fan speed/sync/auto etc. The screen just needs tapping to liven it up.

Seat heating needs actively turning on, but that's an energy saving thing that I'm fine with.

Tycan keith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo (and... I pace, mini, sylva jester)
Country flag
Is this on the new taycan? I can switch on all 4 zones and seats remotely?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Check that the A/C is not in ECO mode. When it’s set to that, the rear A/C is turned off
Not on mine as far as I can tell.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Isn’t there an occupancy sensor, so no airco when nobody is sitting in the back?

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have kids in their child seats there. So my observation is that the a/c turns off

OP
OP

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Check that the A/C is not in ECO mode. When it’s set to that, the rear A/C is turned off
Spot on. When in Eco mode at the front (which is what I normally use), the back has to be turned on each time the car is restarted. Thank you!
Sponsored