Remote Climate Function – This function cannot be currently executed. Please try again or contact Porsche Centre

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
Yeah, most car companies are bad at this but Porsche is stands out. Still, better than our land rover…

i really wish the car would connect to my home wifi in the garage, the cell signal is so bad it takes forever to connect, when it actually succeeds.
Sponsored

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
We haven’t been able to connect since Nov 12th, the last time it sent stats to the mother ship. Been to the dealer for the battery recall (I’m good) and the latest major PCM update and the car can now talk to Porsche but it will not accept any Porsche ID, fails authentication. Been using the car in guest mode since Dec 27th. PCNA escalated to Germany and it now needs to go back to the dealer to get a module, probably the replacement OTA module they installed 6 months ago, re-registered with the motherships computers.

Porsche really needs to clean house in the Porsche Connect department and hire some real UX experts, their interface and architecture is an embarrassment.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Question for you guys on this topic - I let my Porsche Connect services lapse. Probably 7 months ago? I didn't really care b/c my remote climate still worked... until last week. The PCM screen where can enable/disable show remote climate as active and the other features included in Porsche Connect services show inactive. I called support today and they told me it's tied to the bigger package offering.

Anyone else drop Porsche Connect but still maintained the remote climate function? I'm using timers now to get around 80% of my needs but still bugs me that it's been working all this time and now it's not. Almost like they changed the package.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I just heard from Porsche Bristol:

“Having spoken with the workshop controller, he has suggested in the first instance we do an over the air reset of the control unit.
We would need the car for about ¾ hour to do that.”

This is being done on Monday and I will provide an update when it’s completed.
The reset has made no difference and the car is booked into the workshop next Monday for more investigation.

Cwood#44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Audi A7
Country flag
I know there have been various posts of this nature and I have been trawling through the previous posts to see if I can find a solution.

As of the weekend, I am unable to use the remote climate function via the app. The app immediately gives the error message above, no delay, a really quick error.

I can remote unlock/lock the vehicle – this starts the pre-heating for 5 mins. This works as expected as the app thinks about it for a second or two and then the action is carried out.

The heater is working fine.

I have the LTE connection and signal is good.

I can access weather etc from the apps in the car.

When the vehicle is plugged in, I can’t change anything from the profiles. I get the same error message, and again it comes up very quicky. So it feels like the app is not trying to contact the car.

Privacy settings not activated.

I have logged into a pc to try and use the remote climate, and get the same error message.

This may be a total coincidence, but I did activate the active lane change assist on the weekend, I have not used this function previously. Can’t see why it would be related, but this is the only thing that has been changed within the car. I have read sometimes these things just fix themselves, but I’m 4 days in now and will probably give it until the weekend before I try..
  • The two-finger re-set.
  • I am not brave enough to disconnect the battery, if it comes to that I’ll take the car to a dealer for them to look at.
Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
I am not sure if this will fix anyones Remote Climate Function but here goes. I received a call this past Saturday from my Dealer Porsche Vaughan indicating there there was an Outstanding Recall. Young lady indicated a PCM update (broad description ). I was able to get a Monday morning 8 am appointment. My SA did indicate that it wasn't really a recall. I would take an hour. It was a " WPS9 Re-programming Thermal Management Control Unit. Well, it seemed to have done the trick. I can now access remote Heat/Cool, Profiles, Timers and they seem to work. Porsche Connect was somewhat Utterly Useless in 4 emails from them. Glad my Dealership is ON IT.

Porsche Taycan Remote Climate Function – This function cannot be currently executed. Please try again or contact Porsche Centre IMG_4688

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I am not sure if this will fix anyones Remote Climate Function but here goes. I received a call this past Saturday from my Dealer Porsche Vaughan indicating there there was an Outstanding Recall. Young lady indicated a PCM update (broad description ). I was able to get a Monday morning 8 am appointment. My SA did indicate that it wasn't really a recall. I would take an hour. It was a " WPS9 Re-programming Thermal Management Control Unit. Well, it seemed to have done the trick. I can now access remote Heat/Cool, Profiles, Timers and they seem to work. Porsche Connect was somewhat Utterly Useless in 4 emails from them. Glad my Dealership is ON IT.
Happy for you that you have a proactive dealer.

BUT WHY ON EARTH can Porsche not push these types of updates OTA?? That was an update and a promise two or three years ago.

Now they do not even indicate in the app or on their website that there is an update available for your car! Porsche is not Exactly a role model for any modern car brand! On the contrary.

Cwood#44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Audi A7
Country flag
Happy for you that you have a proactive dealer.

BUT WHY ON EARTH can Porsche not push these types of updates OTA?? That was an update and a promise two or three years ago.

Now they do not even indicate in the app or on their website that there is an update available for your car! Porsche is not Exactly a role model for any modern car brand! On the contrary.
I agree 100%. Was just glad that this update fixed the problem. They should be better than what we’re experiencing
Sponsored