Remote Climate Function – This function cannot be currently executed. Please try again or contact Porsche Centre

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I know there have been various posts of this nature and I have been trawling through the previous posts to see if I can find a solution.

As of the weekend, I am unable to use the remote climate function via the app. The app immediately gives the error message above, no delay, a really quick error.

I can remote unlock/lock the vehicle – this starts the pre-heating for 5 mins. This works as expected as the app thinks about it for a second or two and then the action is carried out.

The heater is working fine.

I have the LTE connection and signal is good.

I can access weather etc from the apps in the car.

When the vehicle is plugged in, I can’t change anything from the profiles. I get the same error message, and again it comes up very quicky. So it feels like the app is not trying to contact the car.

Privacy settings not activated.

I have logged into a pc to try and use the remote climate, and get the same error message.

This may be a total coincidence, but I did activate the active lane change assist on the weekend, I have not used this function previously. Can’t see why it would be related, but this is the only thing that has been changed within the car. I have read sometimes these things just fix themselves, but I’m 4 days in now and will probably give it until the weekend before I try..
  • The two-finger re-set.
  • I am not brave enough to disconnect the battery, if it comes to that I’ll take the car to a dealer for them to look at.
Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have not been able to connect to my car since last Friday, but I have no LTE connection (= sign with diagonal line through it in PCM) so not sure whether our issues are related.

Porsche Taycan Remote Climate Function – This function cannot be currently executed. Please try again or contact Porsche Centre IMG_1286

Last edited:

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
My remote connectivity has been poor again the past few days - very intermittent

Cwood#44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Audi A7
Country flag
I know there have been various posts of this nature and I have been trawling through the previous posts to see if I can find a solution.

As of the weekend, I am unable to use the remote climate function via the app. The app immediately gives the error message above, no delay, a really quick error.

I can remote unlock/lock the vehicle – this starts the pre-heating for 5 mins. This works as expected as the app thinks about it for a second or two and then the action is carried out.

When the vehicle is plugged in, I can’t change anything from the profiles. I get the same error message, and again it comes up very quicky. So it feels like the app is not trying to contact the car.

I have logged into a pc to try and use the remote climate, and get the same error message.

This may be a total coincidence, but I did activate the active lane change assist on the weekend, I have not used this function previously. Can’t see why it would be related, but this is the only thing that has been changed within the car. I have read sometimes these things just fix themselves, but I’m 4 days in now and will probably give it until the weekend before I try..
  • The two-finger re-set.
  • I am not brave enough to disconnect the battery, if it comes to that I’ll take the car to a dealer for them to look at.
I have been having the same issue for over 4 weeks. No remote heat/cool, nor able to change any Timers, Profiles. Messaged my SA and she forwarded my issue ( not uncommon ) to PCNA. Nice letter advising me to perform a Factory Reset on the PCM. Also un-installing the My Porsche App, then reinstalling. I did everything suggested and VOILA, nothing changed. I sent screen shots of the Messages when trying to remote heat etc, but asked is this something that I need to have my Dealer figure out in their shop. Heater works fine ( replaced in August). Coincidence?? The issues appeared around the same time as the Porsche App appeared on the PCM and became functionional. Coincidence. Good luck to all, will watch for news.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
I have been having the same issue for over 4 weeks. No remote heat/cool, nor able to change any Timers, Profiles. Messaged my SA and she forwarded my issue ( not uncommon ) to PCNA. Nice letter advising me to perform a Factory Reset on the PCM. Also un-installing the My Porsche App, then reinstalling. I did everything suggested and VOILA, nothing changed. I sent screen shots of the Messages when trying to remote heat etc, but asked is this something that I need to have my Dealer figure out in their shop. Heater works fine ( replaced in August). Coincidence?? The issues appeared around the same time as the Porsche App appeared on the PCM and became functionional. Coincidence. Good luck to all, will watch for news.
Did you renew your connectivity with Porsche?

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Is anyone else having the “no LTE” issue that I have been seeing intermittently for the last 3 years? My data connection has been working since I had the OTA module replaced a couple of months ago, but the “no LTE” issue reappeared last Friday.

Porsche Taycan Remote Climate Function – This function cannot be currently executed. Please try again or contact Porsche Centre IMG_1058

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matt W

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I do have the LTE connection. Looks like Steve has a very similar issue if the not the same as me and the everyone else’s is similar but not quite the same! I’ll have another play this weekend and talk to the dealer - will post if I get any joy.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

• The two-finger re-set.
Seems odd given you can perform other remote features.

Perhaps check that you have the Porsche Connect services activated - can't remember if the remote preheat is a separate service or not - or that your (as suggested others) Porsche Connect contract is current and active (sounds like it is).

2 finger or pull PCM fuse or 12v battery disconnect might be the next step.

OP
OP
Matt W

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Thanks @W1NGE, i checked this following your post, and this service is listed separately but was active. I deactivated, then re activate but same issue. Yes, agreed it’s weird as the car is definitely connected as other services are working. If does feel like it’s the software on the app/pc as the error comes in to quick, normally if the car has the issue, the app/pc thinks about it for a while before giving out the error. I’ve emailed the Porsche pro to see what they come up with.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks @W1NGE, i checked this following your post, and this service is listed separately but was active. I deactivated, then re activate but same issue. Yes, agreed it’s weird as the car is definitely connected as other services are working. If does feel like it’s the software on the app/pc as the error comes in to quick, normally if the car has the issue, the app/pc thinks about it for a while before giving out the error. I’ve emailed the Porsche pro to see what they come up with.
Until resolved you could simply set a timer for preheating the cabin daily via the PCM directly.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I do have the LTE connection. Looks like Steve has a very similar issue if the not the same as me and the everyone else’s is similar but not quite the same! I’ll have another play this weekend and talk to the dealer - will post if I get any joy.
I just heard from Porsche Bristol:

“Having spoken with the workshop controller, he has suggested in the first instance we do an over the air reset of the control unit.
We would need the car for about ¾ hour to do that.”

This is being done on Monday and I will provide an update when it’s completed.

OP
OP
Matt W

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
FIXED.. I emailed my Porsche Pro contact and he said another couple of cars have done the same as mine. The suggestions was to delete the app, and delete the account from the PCM. I was plannng to do that this weekend.
I did however start to look at setting some timers as per @W1NGE suggestion, I set one for this morning to give it a test. Randomly I gave the app one last try this morning at starting the remote climate function …… it all worked.!! Not sure if a coincidence that it’s just fixed itself, or if setting a timer has triggered something that’s cleared the glitch. So I never needed to try the Porsche Pro suggestion In the end and I’ll give full creds to w1nge.. cheers all, and hope others get a fix soon.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
In the same boat. worked for a few days last week then just stopped, despite getting a ‘green dot’ connection from the app and other things updating.

and today it started working again. Seems like a server/service error, not a car thing

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
In the same boat. worked for a few days last week then just stopped, despite getting a ‘green dot’ connection from the app and other things updating.

and today it started working again. Seems like a server/service error, not a car thing
The connectivity aspects of the car and the app are genuinely terrible. Porsche need some folks to revamp their approach so that we have a better user experience.
Sponsored