"Rivian is coming. Here’s why it matters" Article

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I am more of a sports car guy, but definitely would consider the R1S as a family car. I think Rivian nailed the design and features on their vehicles, and they check the boxes needed for charging speed and range.

Hopefully they are able to improve their production and deliveries. One of their biggest supporters (FORD) is rolling out the lightning next year, and is investing even more money into production capacity and plans for 80k in annual deliveries. Right now Rivian is already below a pretty small delivery target.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
with 0-60 times reported between 3.48 and 4.7 sec. This is a truck that acts like a Tesla (fast 0-60 and most likely not great auto-cross handling). Not to mention the AWD system that can put power to each specific wheel and get you out of almost anything. The creature comforts are also best-in-class, IMHO. With things like on-board air compressor, water system, pull-out kitchen (this thing is sick!), if you were in the market for a truck I don't think that I would look any further than the Rivian with the range that it gets.

If honestly seems so well done and there is so much to like and have other car companies duplicate or build upon.

To be completely honest, the fit and finish, the look and feel (NOT a cyber truck, nor do you have to subscribe to the MadMax reddit forum to appreciate the vehicle), performance and features of this have me even considering going with the Rivian and getting rid of the Taycan.......hear me out, if I can get similar performance and 0-60 as the 4s, have the premium fit and finish, have the ability to take it almost anywhere with the AWD system, have more range than the Taycan and perhaps find out what this 'camping' thing is all about (should I want to), be able to hook up a trailer if I need to bring the fall cleanup to the dump, or rent a trailer for the next couch I upgrade......whatever the case may be, it is practical, cool, fast, luxurious, usable (long range) and is not-a-telsa or a authoritarian 'only support union', vehicle.

This is really tempting and other manufacturers better take notice and get their vehicles up to par, because this is not vaporware, nor is is just a 'new tesla' like the team down in Florida is trying to get off the ground. This one has legs.....appeals to the bourgeoisie and working class, blue collar, sensible and practical individuals that want things to 'work' when they purchase something.....this hits that market and so much more!

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
with 0-60 times reported between 3.48 and 4.7 sec. This is a truck that acts like a Tesla (fast 0-60 and most likely not great auto-cross handling). Not to mention the AWD system that can put power to each specific wheel and get you out of almost anything. The creature comforts are also best-in-class, IMHO. With things like on-board air compressor, water system, pull-out kitchen (this thing is sick!), if you were in the market for a truck I don't think that I would look any further than the Rivian with the range that it gets.

If honestly seems so well done and there is so much to like and have other car companies duplicate or build upon.

To be completely honest, the fit and finish, the look and feel (NOT a cyber truck, nor do you have to subscribe to the MadMax reddit forum to appreciate the vehicle), performance and features of this have me even considering going with the Rivian and getting rid of the Taycan.......hear me out, if I can get similar performance and 0-60 as the 4s, have the premium fit and finish, have the ability to take it almost anywhere with the AWD system, have more range than the Taycan and perhaps find out what this 'camping' thing is all about (should I want to), be able to hook up a trailer if I need to bring the fall cleanup to the dump, or rent a trailer for the next couch I upgrade......whatever the case may be, it is practical, cool, fast, luxurious, usable (long range) and is not-a-telsa or a authoritarian 'only support union', vehicle.

This is really tempting and other manufacturers better take notice and get their vehicles up to par, because this is not vaporware, nor is is just a 'new tesla' like the team down in Florida is trying to get off the ground. This one has legs.....appeals to the bourgeoisie and working class, blue collar, sensible and practical individuals that want things to 'work' when they purchase something.....this hits that market and so much more!
Even if it wins on functionality and creature comforts, it still doesn’t look as good as a Porsche in my opinion, and I’ll bet it’s nowhere near as fun to drive. Solution: Have one of each for different use cases ;-).

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@DANgerous you may very well be right on the 'fun factor' and would most likely purchase a Taycan and Rivian as the 'beater' to haul things to and from the dump and into the woods if money was not an option.

However, I was speaking to those out there that have a budget and are really only choosing one vehicle as their daily driver and have to make that tough decision of 'or' vs. simply being able to solve all conflict with choosing 'and'.
Sponsored