Roof Rack Questions w/ Panoramic Roof

slobrockia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Country flag
Hey I'm about to place an order and just wanted to know about the roof rack with the panoramic roof. The pillars (in addition to the bars) I'm assuming are removable? What do they look like when gone? Does it keep the roof seamless?
I saw they are installed at the factory and just wanted to make sure they were removable. A little confusing and no details out there, including from my salesman...
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
On the Taycan saloon (with Panoramic roof) there are concealed mounting points (4) on the roof. These spring open to enable the installation of the supports for the bars and spring back when supports are removed (same as many other roof mounts without rails - your dealer should know this basic stuff).

There is no factory installation.
Download the Porsche Good To Know App and there are detailed pictures for installing the roof transport system.

If you are referring to the Cross Turismo then the roof rails are installed at the factory.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
On the Taycan saloon (with Panoramic roof) there are concealed mounting points (4) on the roof. These spring open to enable the installation of the supports for the bars and spring back when supports are removed (same as many other roof mounts without rails - your dealer should know this basic stuff).

There is no factory installation.
Download the Porsche Good To Know App and there are detailed pictures for installing the roof transport system.

If you are referring to the Cross Turismo then the roof rails are installed at the factory.

Take a look at this tread:
I decided to take thanksgiving week off, so I wanted to adventure in the Taycan. My kids are older, and have other plans, so I figured I would take the mountain bike to Vegas to ride around on the west side of town since it will be in the low 70's. I had 20' Pirelli Scorpion Winter's put on my 4s this week, so I feel more comfortable driving through the Colorado and Utah mountains in those instead of the Conti all seasons that came stock on the vehicle.

I installed the roof rack this morning - it has been gathering dust on the garage for a couple months. And, I installed the Thule ThruRide carrier to hold my electric mountain bike. I did a shake drive drive around town and hit a few more bumps in the road than I usually would to make sure the system was securely holding the bike. Tomorrow will the interesting day since I will be driving almost 800 miles through high mountains with a big mountain bike on the roof - I will keep an eye on how range is affected in the very cold higher mountain temps, and by carrying a big bike on the roof. The good thing there are plenty of Electrify America locations between Denver and Las Vegas.

Just in case no one has seen what a mountain bike looks like on top of a Taycan, because until today, I had not, I took a couple of pictures to share.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

If anyone sees a big, weird guy driving a Frozen Blue 4s with a big electric mountain bike across Colorado, Utah, Arizona, or Nevada over the next week, please don't hesitate to say Howdy.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
This is key - as indicated in the guide, you definitely need to loosen the bolts that hold the crosspiece to the mount uprights, or it won't fit properly. Once you've got it sized and dimensioned, you can tighten them up and it'll be fine for the future.

OP
OP

slobrockia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Country flag
Thanks guys for the replies. The Good to Know app had exactly what I was looking for and was able to show me more or less the connection points.
Sponsored