Just placed my order for 2023 Cross Turismo. Black roof rack and the extra option roof were unavailable

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It makes me wonder that Porsche would remove an option from a configurator for only 2 weeks. Most configurator builds will not be built for weeks, probably months, with a very wide range of build dates. They must really be scrambling with their supply chain issues.
I think you are right.
My build took 3 ½ months from start to finish, even though I dropped Bose and another item known to cause holdups.
I guess in my case the ally roof and Blackberry interior may have had to wait around for enough similar specs to be done at once. It probably isn’t practical to have some things going on and off the options list and the length of any delay seems unknown so it must be difficult to plan anything at all.
Sponsored

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
My overall lead time at the moment is 5 months so I've decided if anything is not available then I will wait. No way will I delete Bose for example

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I can deal with the Bose missing but not the pano roof… I locked in a couple of weeks ago for a CT4S March delivery, I was told no Bose but no mention of the roof… anyone else being told no roof?

OP
OP

Taycan barry

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo 4 s
Country flag
I can deal with the Bose missing but not the pano roof… I locked in a couple of weeks ago for a CT4S March delivery, I was told no Bose but no mention of the roof… anyone else being told no roof?
Yes I was told no pano roof so no roof racks also. I was told I can get the Bose radio on my cross tourismo4s. My order lock date is 11/21 . Seems like depending what type of taycan you order and from what country you are told different option you can’t get at the moment of order.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Interesting, I just plugged my 2022 code in to see how it changed with Bose not being available for RWD.
🤷‍♂️
Also:
- MY23 had a price hike
- your PP included the Tech package, but the difference is still consistent with the standalone Bose price (1200)

Porsche Taycan Just placed my order for 2023 Cross Turismo. Black roof rack and the extra option roof were unavailable nobose

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Yes I was told no pano roof so no roof racks also. I was told I can get the Bose radio on my cross tourismo4s.
Waitwhat? Pano roof not only is standard in US, but there is no alternative. Are you referring to the variable light control?

The thing with Bose appears to be a shortage (duh@self) and so they're saving them for the upper trims. I can get that (though supply chain issues are so 2021/early '22), but I'm positively puzzled about the shortage of black aluminium roof rails. Maybe they're being reserved for the Europeans/RoW, because as we know Americans don't do wagons. :rolleyes:

OP
OP

Taycan barry

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo 4 s
Country flag
Waitwhat? Pano roof not only is standard in US, but there is no alternative. Are you referring to the variable light control?

The thing with Bose appears to be a shortage (duh@self) and so they're saving them for the upper trims. I can get that (though supply chain issues are so 2021/early '22), but I'm positively puzzled about the shortage of black aluminium roof rails. Maybe they're being reserved for the Europeans/RoW, because as we know Americans don't do wagons. :rolleyes:
Yes I was referring to the variable light control roof, not available at the moment for my order.
Sponsored