Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m not sure if it’s me being stupid or the manual has an error but I have been unable to save seat / mirror settings to the keys.

With my Panamera and all other Porsche I’ve had it was easy, jut press the key button followed by a number on the door buttons. Information then stored to individual keys.
Not so with the Taycan. The manual states information is stored to the key on locking the car, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. All I want (and it should be easy) is if I open the car with my key, seat and mirrors are as I would need. Then if my wife opens the car with the second key, positions revert to Those she needs.

Does anybody have any ideas? I know I could press the door number buttons to change settings, but why. I’ve never needed to in the past. I do have the memory seats so it should be possible.
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Would be curious on this one too. My car randomly decides when to adjust only the seats (go to stored position 100% of time) and mirrors (go to stored position ~50% of time). Since I am the only user and I always carry the same keys and phone this seems rather peculiar.

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
Would be curious on this one too. My car randomly decides when to adjust only the seats (go to stored position 100% of time) and mirrors (go to stored position ~50% of time). Since I am the only user and I always carry the same keys and phone this seems rather peculiar.
Just giving this a bump to see if we can get an answer

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I did get the answer in the end. It’s not the key, or storing data that’s the issue, it’s the user profile.

To get the two keys to store setting TWO user profiles are needed. The second person needs their own profile for your car. I have seen a thread entry that shows “how to”, but I just contacted my Porsche centre and they emailed me another link so I could register my wife as a user. All done; all working. . .

Last edited:

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Wow, talking about deep hidden features :rolleyes:. Thanks for solving the puzzle for all of us!

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I'm a stage further back that that. Every time I get in the car, the passenger heated seat is on as is the heated steering wheel.
No idea how to change it,

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I'm a stage further back that that. Every time I get in the car, the passenger heated seat is on as is the heated steering wheel.
No idea how to change it,
In the climate control panel you have the top right corner the Edit button - tap and goes to a picture where you can select the seats to be pre-heated. There is also a picture of the steering wheel, but mine does not function (I have the heated steering wheel).

Be aware that when you hit save it may or may not necessarily work on next settings.

My impression is that the seat and wheel are coupled - whenever the car decides to heat them it does both at same time.

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
In the climate control panel you have the top right corner the Edit button - tap and goes to a picture where you can select the seats to be pre-heated. There is also a picture of the steering wheel, but mine does not function (I have the heated steering wheel).

Be aware that when you hit save it may or may not necessarily work on next settings.

My impression is that the seat and wheel are coupled - whenever the car decides to heat them it does both at same time.
I am having the same problem, with the car defaulting to heated seats and steering wheel, but can’t find this menu screen with the edit button in the top right.

Any chance you can talk me through it?

Thanks

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm not in the car, but in the Connect App, you get there by clicking the Climate button then edit. It seems to only set which zones are enabled though - not detailed settings like seat heating.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I am having the same problem, with the car defaulting to heated seats and steering wheel, but can’t find this menu screen with the edit button in the top right.

Any chance you can talk me through it?

Thanks
Here is the climate control screen in the Porsche Connect App. Top right corner, then next screen has the seats selection.
Porsche Taycan Saving settings to the keys? 1608473317757
Porsche Taycan Saving settings to the keys? 1608473386957

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
Here is the climate control screen in the Porsche Connect App. Top right corner, then next screen has the seats selection.
1608473317757.png
1608473386957.png
Thanks. This worked. Funnily enough, I didn’t have an option to turn the steering wheel heating on or off from here, even though I have the option on the car....but it seemed to sync with my front seat preference, so at least it now works as I wanted. ??‍♂

There must be a way to do this from the actual car though? There’s a lot to update in this PCM. ?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The same sort of four zone on/off option is in the PCM menu for pre-conditioning. Get to the preconditioning menu then hit the three dots. I'm guessing it works the same as the four on/off zone settings in the app. Good catch that the steering wheel heat on/off follows driver zone on/off setting - but there must be some threshold where this and seat heat is triggered. Guess I'm lucky it hasn't been cold enough here to trigger that yet.
Sponsored