Scratches on black gloss interior trim (above glovebox)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Any PPF guy can install the precut film for you in 10 minutes. It will hide all the fine scratches, so don’t even bother trying to polish as you may do more damage.

When my guy wrapped my whole car, he did all the glossy plastic as well.
Ditto.
Sponsored

EVer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3
Country flag
I wanted to PPF the glossy interior stuff but my PPF installer did not want to do it, was afraid of damaging electronics. I assume those of you who had it done have had no issues? I agree it’s the best solution if o can get an installer to do it

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wanted to PPF the glossy interior stuff but my PPF installer did not want to do it, was afraid of damaging electronics. I assume those of you who had it done have had no issues? I agree it’s the best solution if o can get an installer to do it
Zero issues. If someone won't you do it - you can always do it. It's not too difficult.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
Zero issues. If someone won't you do it - you can always do it. It's not too difficult.
Is there a place you guys recommend for purchasing pre-cut PPF?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As promised. Quick update. I tried the Novus. Chalk it up to user error but it made the problem far, far worse. The car is now sitting a PPF installer who is going to polish her up and then apply ppf on all of the glossy black bits inside.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
As promised. Quick update. I tried the Novus. Chalk it up to user error but it made the problem far, far worse. The car is now sitting a PPF installer who is going to polish her up and then apply ppf on all of the glossy black bits inside.
Oh no! Was it just Novus 1 or did you go for the harder stuff?

I wonder what it costs just to get a replacement for this panel...probably not too bad.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh no! Was it just Novus 1 or did you go for the harder stuff?

I wonder what it costs just to get a replacement for this panel...probably not too bad.
I used Novus 2 for minor scratches and then went back over it with 1. The folks I took it too didn't express any concerns about correcting the issue and the PPF overtop should help that buttery soft panel from getting scratched again. You're right though, a new part shouldn't be crazy expensive in case I need to go that route.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I used Novus 2 for minor scratches and then went back over it with 1. The folks I took it too didn't express any concerns about correcting the issue and the PPF overtop should help that buttery soft panel from getting scratched again. You're right though, a new part shouldn't be crazy expensive in case I need to go that route.
FWIW I've noticed that plastic panel streaky in Taycan review views too...I think it's a "feature" we all get if we didn't opt for the passenger display.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW I've noticed that plastic panel streaky in Taycan review views too...I think it's a "feature" we all get if we didn't opt for the passenger display.
I do think they'd be better served swapping that out. I had a black brushed aluminum set of inserts above the glovebox, doors, etc. on my Macan GTS. Durable. Easy to maintain. Looked fantastic. Didn't see those as an option when I ordered this car ;(

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update. Took it to a XPEL installer. Multi stage paint correction + PPF = better than new, as it looks factory fresh and I am far less stressed about that buttery soft material going forward.
Sponsored