Second guessing your order?

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Months of waiting for a car to arrive can give a guy a lot of time to think. The one thing I'm kicking myself over is not ordering leather interior and going standard! I loathe over it almost every day!!!

With all this time to think, what are others regretting not ordering? Or maybe it's the opposite, you spent money on something you wish you hadn't. I can't be the only one going through this torture 🤣
Sponsored

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Months of waiting for a car to arrive can give a guy a lot of time to think. The one thing I'm kicking myself over is not ordering leather interior and going standard! I loathe over it almost every day!!!

With all this time to think, what are others regretting not ordering? Or maybe it's the opposite, you spent money on something you wish you hadn't. I can't be the only one going through this torture 🤣
Well...........I did go back and forth on the Performance Package, finger swipe charging doors................and Turbo versus 4S. I went back and forth for a couple of months working and re-working my configuration and in the end I stuck with my original build - and after driving the car for 2 years I do not regret anything - didn't get the Turbo, finger swipe charging doors, or the Performance Package. The 4S is plenty fast and I doubt that I could tell the difference in acceleration between the Turbo and the 4S...................but more importantly where in the heck can you drive any of these cars to their full potential on the street???? So the Turbo would have been wasted on me. I did not get leather but RaceTex, and again, very happy with my choice.

Not sure if I am being helpful to you or not, but I hope that when your car does arrive you enjoy opening the door, settling into your seat knowing that you have one of the coolest cars ever made - leather or not. 🏎

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I changed my spec quite significantly 2 days before lock and I’m so glad I did…I keep thinking “what if I hadn’t”.

from first order to lock I moved from pauper spec RWD with very few options to 4S with every option I felt was important to me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You’ll get every sort opinion on every option on here… but ultimately, with or without many of these extras, the car is a joy to drive. Just enjoy once it arrives.

If you’ll really miss the leather, or whatever else, then you’ll know what to get on the next car.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’ll get every sort opinion on every option on here… but ultimately, with or without many of these extras, the car is a joy to drive. Just edit once it arrives.

If you’ll really miss the leather, or whatever else, then you’ll know what to get on the next car.
🤣 I just gotta explain that to my wife. In theory what you say makes sense. I'm sure once I'm driving it, anything I'm regretting will go out the window!

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I basically got most of options right the first try. I did add power steering plus at a later time (not sure why. It was just in a moment of... Why not) and the last added option was the memory pack because a couple of days before locking, I accidentally found out that the side mirror downwards action during parking would only exist if the memory pack was installed.
Gotta protect those rims from the curbs, right?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I had the "luxury" of not being able to find a dealer with an allocation for over a year. The changes from my original build to the ordered one (besides model year change):
  • removed intelligent range manager
  • removed the powered charge port
  • changed the door sill to brushed black aluminum (free option)
  • added Porsche headrest crests (to remove the model designation from them)
  • added roof rails
  • added dashcam pre-wire (was not available in original MY)
That's all the changes. After having it, I probably would not spec Innodrive on the next car, but as a techie I liked having it just to check out its capabilities. Other than that, if I was ordering again, I'd stick with the same build.

OP
OP

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the "luxury" of not being able to find a dealer with an allocation for over a year. The changes from my original build to the ordered one (besides model year change):
  • removed intelligent range manager
  • removed the powered charge port
  • changed the door sill to brushed black aluminum (free option)
  • added Porsche headrest crests (to remove the model designation from them)
  • added roof rails
  • added dashcam pre-wire (was not available in original MY)
That's all the changes. After having it, I probably would not spec Innodrive on the next car, but as a techie I liked having it just to check out its capabilities. Other than that, if I was ordering again, I'd stick with the same build.
😮💨 thanks for reminding me I forgot to spec the dashcam pre-wire too, haha. I wonder what percentage of Porsche owners have dashcams. Honestly never had a car worth the hassle before...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
😮💨 thanks for reminding me I forgot to spec the dashcam pre-wire too, haha. I wonder what percentage of Porsche owners have dashcams. Honestly never had a car worth the hassle before...
I put dashcams in all our family cars on day one, treat them like airbags - hope to never need them, but they are there just in case. So far, it's paid off twice by clearly proving fault of other parties in 2 accidents, so saving me thousands in deductibles, additional costs, and insurance rate increases. Those 2 incidents probably paid for all the dashcams I will ever install in our cars.

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
The car is so awesome that even with the base spec you’d love it (honestly). Having exterior / interior / comfort options you like & will actually use helps of course. Keep in mind many software options are available after purchase. Do spec the ACC, it allows you later to enable innodrive and lane keep assist

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think you'll be happy with the standard interior, OP. Enjoy your Taycan when it arrives!

Couldn't get but wanted:
--
The dashcam pre-wire was not available in January 2022 when I locked in my RWD. I would have ordered it. Whenever I get a dashcam, I'm gonna get them for front and back.

Got but didn't really need:
--
I'm not getting as many oohs and ahhs with the power charge port cover (US$640) as I thought, so if I didn't get it it would be one less thing to potentially break. Same with the electric sport sound (US$500).

-- I don't use Porsche Innodrive, but it came packaged with adaptive cruise control and active lane keep. The latter two are must-haves for me along with the blind-spot monitor (a.k.a. lane change assist) and ventilated seats.

Could have done differently:
--
Based on feedback from others, I should have gotten the massaging seats.
-- I could have gotten a different color than Carrara White Metallic because the Taycan's remote cooling works so well in our hot Arizona summers. I still would have chosen a light color (but not acid green) because dark colors show off every bit of dirt and dust.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I ordered my GTS back in October, and it’s Finally a few days only from arrive to the Dealer.
I specd mine 4 different times specially with interior color. I ordered a Gentian Blue, and took me a while to go with the Chalk interior or not, end up keeping the standard Race Tex. (I still debating with myself on that one) , as far as major options I did take the premium and technology package plus Burmester Sound. Nowadays I debate if instead I should not take the super premium sound and put the money on the Carmine Red! Lol
But I guess all this waiting time makes to you!!! Lol

I still go to the Porche builder and keep playing with customizations…

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Couldn't get but wanted:
--
The dashcam pre-wire was not available in January 2022 when I locked in my RWD. I would have ordered it. Whenever I get a dashcam, I'm gonna get them for front and back.
Based on what every porsche dashcam thread on this forum says, you're not missing out at all.

I didn't get the pre-wire simply because here the configurator adds the pano roof (!?!) when you try to select the pre-wiring and I dislike pano roofs ( I'm agreeing with @f1eng on this one).

I'll go aftermarket.

OP
OP

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered my GTS back in October, and it’s Finally a few days only from arrive to the Dealer.
I specd mine 4 different times specially with interior color. I ordered a Gentian Blue, and took me a while to go with the Chalk interior or not, end up keeping the standard Race Tex. (I still debating with myself on that one) , as far as major options I did take the premium and technology package plus Burmester Sound. Nowadays I debate if instead I should not take the super premium sound and put the money on the Carmine Red! Lol
But I guess all this waiting time makes to you!!! Lol

I still go to the Porche builder and keep playing with customizations…
Ha! I keep messing with the Porsche Builder too, and also keep looking at other builds at dealers. Not like I can do anything about my choices so I don't know why I torture myself.

When I thought I'd be waiting until August, I contemplated finding a used Carmine Red. That color has really grown on me over the past month. But I still think I chose right for my personality with Volcano Grey. Red with gloss black wheels looks oh so good though.

OP
OP

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Based on what every porsche dashcam thread on this forum says, you're not missing out at all.

I didn't get the pre-wire simply because here the configurator adds the pano roof (!?!) when you try to select the pre-wiring and I dislike pano roofs ( I'm agreeing with @f1eng on this one).

I'll go aftermarket.
If I understand what others have said, aftermarket is significantly more expensive than pre-wired, isn't it?
Sponsored