Set reminders to plug in / charge?

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
A lot of 3rd party home chargers tout that they have the ability to set plug-in reminders… Which could be exceptionally helpful for electric vehicle newbies, like myself! Does anyone know if reminders can be set with the Porsche mobile chargers? Thank you!
Sponsored

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
You can plug the Taycan in the charger and set the times you want to charge

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
Owning an EV will mean a change in way you re-fuel your car, with a fossil fuel vehicle, most people fill it up and run it until its near empty, then spend 15-20 minutes at a fuel station "filling up".

The approach with an EV is to follow the ABC :

A - Always
B - Be
C - Charging

This approach will result in charging at every opportunity, for me I have got in the habit of always plugging in the Taycan when its on the driveway, even if I have only used 5%. The car itself has a Timer and Profile set to charge to 85% between the hours of 00:30 to 04:30 as I get cheap power.

The outcome is I always have a car with 85% charge in a morning, when I have needed to drive on a long road trip, I have set the target charge to 100% with start time, once on the road I will plan regular stops to "charge up" while grabbing a coffee, the aim would be to arrive with no less than 30% battery ( this can be challenging).

This approach does mean a change in the way you "fuel" your car, but its not massive and on the plus side you have the chance to enjoy a really great EV and "smoke" others at traffic lights ( or is that just me........ :like:).

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Owning an EV will mean a change in way you re-fuel your car, with a fossil fuel vehicle, most people fill it up and run it until its near empty, then spend 15-20 minutes at a fuel station "filling up".

The approach with an EV is to follow the ABC :

A - Always
B - Be
C - Charging

This approach will result in charging at every opportunity, for me I have got in the habit of always plugging in the Taycan when its on the driveway, even if I have only used 5%. The car itself has a Timer and Profile set to charge to 85% between the hours of 00:30 to 04:30 as I get cheap power.

The outcome is I always have a car with 85% charge in a morning, when I have needed to drive on a long road trip, I have set the target charge to 100% with start time, once on the road I will plan regular stops to "charge up" while grabbing a coffee, the aim would be to arrive with no less than 30% battery ( this can be challenging).

This approach does mean a change in the way you "fuel" your car, but its not massive and on the plus side you have the chance to enjoy a really great EV and "smoke" others at traffic lights ( or is that just me........ :like:).
I on the other hand find that refueling my ICE takes 6-8 minutes at most, (around 75 liters (close to 20 gallons) of 98 octane On the other hand, if my range need is not great, I wait until our Taycan drops to 30-40% charge before I recharge to 85% (unless going on a long trip). Then if I can, I will charge during the day to use solar, or if not off-peak from midnight on.

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi all - thanks for the info. I more-so meant, with some 3rd party chargers it will send you a push notification via the app that says something to the extent of "it's 10:30PM and your car is not plugged in" (or whatever time you set the reminder for). This is separate from the charging timers - and helpful to those who aren't in the habit of plugging in all the time while at home. Thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No, the Porsche app doesn’t currently provide reminders. No different to ICE refilling you kinda know when you need to, just allow more time if not overnight charging and get into the habit of connecting the charge cable as you lock up.
Sponsored