Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a weird problem that just started about a week ago. Each time I start my car I get the Setup screen.
Porsche Taycan Setup screen appears each time car is started IMG_3624

If I select "Switch account" I get the following screen with my name disabled.
Porsche Taycan Setup screen appears each time car is started IMG_3620

I can select Set up and follow all of the steps and get past it but the next time the car starts I am back to square one. I have rebooted the PCM but that does not fix things. Another interesting thing is that in the Good To Know app it says one can go to Settings > Accounts to manage accounts but my Settings screen does not list an Accounts item.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Edit 5:20PM: The connect app does not seem to be connecting at all lately as well but I can connect via the web and it says the car is connected.

Thanks

Last edited:

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This has happened a few times to me as well - not every time, maybe once a week. It is a pain and would be interested if anyone has a fix.

OP
OP

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, I finally got this fixed and it did not require a new OTA module. I had the car in getting the rear window replaced and they did a deep reset by disconnecting the 12 volt system for more than 30 minutes. After that the Accounts item in the settings came back. My old account would not login but Porsche support had deleted my old account and replaced it so that was not surprising. I deleted my account in the car but could not add a new account at the dealer. No error would show up but the login button became disabled. But when I got home it worked and so far everything seems to be working.

Hopefully this helps someone.

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
Good that you got this sorted out.
Deeper: As your account on the car has been lost, the only account (hard wired) "Guest" has been activated.
And, AFAIK, the default behavior of the "Guest" account is, compliant with your description, that it will force-feed the "Welcome"screen after every start of the car.

OP
OP

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good that you got this sorted out.
Deeper: As your account on the car has been lost, the only account (hard wired) "Guest" has been activated.
And, AFAIK, the default behavior of the "Guest" account is, compliant with your description, that it will force-feed the "Welcome"screen after every start of the car.
That is an interesting question. Was the forced welcome screen because I was logged in as guest or was it a symptom of whatever was causing the missing Accounts item? I guess we could test by changing the current user to guest and see what happens the next time the car is started.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The forced Welcome Guest screen happens when there is no primary user logged into the vehicle.

OP
OP

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
how long is it working flawlessy since that procedure?
It has only been 24 hours but things are still working. The car connects and I can control it in the Connect app.