flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm a little concerned that how much you're tracking this boat is going to trigger an international piracy alert or something.
Good point! I’ll start tracking it more often to remove all doubt :)
Sponsored

DSmith

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Ordered, 2000 911 Cab
Country flag
Good point! I’ll start tracking it more often to remove all doubt :)
What dealer are you picking your car up from? I am Charlottesville and should be on this boat, although no one can confirm it but says arrives at dealer 7/3. When have you been told it arrives?

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What dealer are you picking your car up from? I am Charlottesville and should be on this boat, although no one can confirm it but says arrives at dealer 7/3. When have you been told it arrives?
I am Charlottesville too and am getting it from Flow. J said by 7/3, and I have a printout confirming that date, but the loss of a day with shipping won’t help that much. I’d say the week of 7/6 is more likely. What are you getting? The red GTS at Flow is mine. Or was....

Last edited:

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
How do you know what ship your car is on? How can you track delivery? I thought Porsche originally said we would be sent updates throughout production. my dealer is worthless

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How do you know what ship your car is on? How can you track delivery? I thought Porsche originally said we would be sent updates throughout production. my dealer is worthless
Dealer told me the name of the ship, and car status has been ‘on ship’ for about 2 weeks.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dealer told me the name of the ship, and car status has been ‘on ship’ for about 2 weeks.
Dealer told me my car is off the ship at Davisville. Things are looking up! Fingers still crossed for delivery the first of the week.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dealer told me my car is off the ship at Davisville. Things are looking up! Fingers still crossed for delivery the first of the week.
Mine also but looking at 1-2 weeks for transport and prep. Getting really close.

punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa GTS, Cayenne, S550 Cab
Country flag
Looks like many of us are watching the progress of our boats! Mine is due to arrive in San Diego tomorrow morning. I was wondering if anyone has a good idea about what happen once it gets back into Porsche hands? Battery conditioning, SW upgrades, etc. Also (like most of this process), the dealer has been vague on how long it will take to arrive at showroom...any thoughts?

punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa GTS, Cayenne, S550 Cab
Country flag
UPDATE-took about five days from port to dealer. I pick up car Monday! It is being prepped now.
Porsche Taycan Siem Confucius B0F1189E-E64C-40DF-9311-E7281F5CBD1C

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You are fortunate. I am in day 10 since the car arrived at the port and no car. It has been released for shipping but not on a truck yet. Unbelievable.

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
Siem confucius was supposed to be at port August 7/8 for another loading. Delayed...................

The vessel departed from DAVISVILLE, US on 2020-08-03 17:37 LT (UTC -4) and is currently sailing at 16.1 knots with East direction heading to EMDEN, DE with reported Estimated Time of Arrival at 2020-08-13 04:00 LT (UTC -4) local time (in 8 days, 10 hours )

I am not lucky

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
In case you're wondering what she looks like, here's the Siem Confucius from her inaugural visit to Jacksonville last week. This is from an article that came out today about Volkswagen and Jacksonville extending their agreement. The ship is a new LNG-fueled RoRo that Volkswagen just launched. Click here for the article.

Porsche Taycan Siem Confucius 1596581579326
Sponsored

Last edited: