Wlj

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911, range rover
Country flag
I posted here before - anyway my early June 2020 Taycan S is still in for software update 12 days later and a new PCM unit is on its way from Germany since apparently early Taycans are struggling with the software update - so, make sure that you get a courtesy car provided before you agree for work to be done and don't believe the 'only 2 days' line since it is 4 hours just for the engineer to press all the buttons and then the time in between for updates to load. They tried to drain the battery for a cold restart twice but this did not work. I hope that this will be my last post on the subject!
Sponsored

Tyny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s+
Country flag
Welcome to the club. My dealer got the part already, but waiting from them to have time to put it in. Got another 4s as a loaner.

OP
OP

Wlj

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Day 16 and PCM unit is out of stock and so no delivery from Germany to dealer in UK - I now have a loan BMW 430M which is possibly the worst car that I have driven for some time

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately, It is a well known issue to this forum. There are dozens of posts about fried PCMs and other modules during the software update. Some owners reported their dealers have stopped accepting cars for updates since they have many bricked Taycans in their lots waiting for back-ordered electronics from Germany.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Day 16 and PCM unit is out of stock and so no delivery from Germany to dealer in UK - I now have a loan BMW 430M which is possibly the worst car that I have driven for some time
I do not have a BMW 430M myself, but your comment intrigued me. What is particularly bad about (other than the kidneys grille)?

OP
OP

Wlj

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not have a BMW 430M myself, but your comment intrigued me. What is particularly bad about (other than the kidneys grille)?
Just feels cheap - poor build quality, clunky gearbox, hard ride and my daughter's mini is a better car and more fun to drive

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Software Update - new PCM needed 1622206591339

Second attempt, cannot solve the problem of failed PCM update. Luckily I can drive the car, so I picked it up again. Porsche confirmed, PCM need to be replaced.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
1622206591339.png

Second attempt, cannot solve the problem of failed PCM update. Luckily I can drive the car, so I picked it up again. Porsche confirmed, PCM need to be replaced.
Sorry to hear that :(

Side question though, I thought China was right hand drive?