MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Hi all, just joined the forum as a prospective buyer and as an active member of many car communities, thought it would be good to get involved.

I sold my 2019 M5 Competition at the end of last year since I've been involved in creation of a salary sacrifice EV scheme at work and the Taycan will fit that bill very nicely thank you!!

There have been some delays with the scheme so sadly I still haven't ordered - apparently I could not be looking at Q1 2022 - is that right??!! (Probably 4S since the scheme struggles to offer the Turbo on sensible terms).

Like all of us I continue to play around with spec, originally my plan was Volcano in this spec PM4ISVY8 (perhaps with HUD on top)

Porsche Taycan Spec, delivery and hello! Vol

However more recently going for the white 'look' and this setup PMFEV890 - I pulled back from the £131k spec I began with on the basis I spent silly money on an M5 which lost around £45k in 18 months.

Porsche Taycan Spec, delivery and hello! Car

Thoughts? Must haves? Don't bothers?

Also - any insight on the Electric Highway 350Kw chargers is welcome - do they charge at 800V or 400V?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all, just joined the forum as a prospective buyer and as an active member of many car communities, thought it would be good to get involved.

I sold my 2019 M5 Competition at the end of last year since I've been involved in creation of a salary sacrifice EV scheme at work and the Taycan will fit that bill very nicely thank you!!

There have been some delays with the scheme so sadly I still haven't ordered - apparently I could not be looking at Q1 2022 - is that right??!! (Probably 4S since the scheme struggles to offer the Turbo on sensible terms).

Like all of us I continue to play around with spec, originally my plan was Volcano in this spec PM4ISVY8 (perhaps with HUD on top)

Vol.png

However more recently going for the white 'look' and this setup PMFEV890 - I pulled back from the £131k spec I began with on the basis I spent silly money on an M5 which lost around £45k in 18 months.

Car.png

Thoughts? Must haves? Don't bothers?

Also - any insight on the Electric Highway 350Kw chargers is welcome - do they charge at 800V or 400V?
Volcano Grey all day long.

350kW charger (if you can find one) will charge at around 270kW or less if battery safe option is enabled. It will be 800V and perfect for the Taycan.

Ensure you have 150kW 400v DC option as this will open the door to the wider rollout that is in progress. If you don't you will be limited to 50kW (400v and standard on Taycan).

Rear axle steering (comes with power steering plus) and skip the 3D with Parking Assistant - 360 Surround is enough (remember you're paying ££££ for parking toys...some should be standard).

4 zone AC - probably not worth it.

Extended leather but personal choice.

Air suspension a must.

Mission E wheels are just begging to get kerbed (not easy to repair) and forces the upgraded brakes. Expensive but again a personal choice.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Ensure you have 150kW 400v DC option as this will open the door to the wider rollout that is in progress. If you don't you will be limited to 50kW (400v and standard on Taycan)
Welcome! White/chalk for me. Agreed about the 150kw option and I'll add that bigger battery and air suspension are must haves IMO.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Not got mine yet.

Joined the forum a few months ago and paid a deposit in March for RWD (expected build June) and being told by dealer that new orders will not be fulfilled till late 2021 / early 2022.

Was also told that global Semi conducter shortage is affecting certain components (like 14/18 way seats) which can delay build date.

I have learned on here (and stated above) that must haves are 150kw charging / air suspension / bigger battery.

I also think 360 parking is useful as its a big car and visibility is 'limited'.

Pano Roof gives more headroom. May be useful in back.

Bose seems to be an automatic option as standard stereo not great.

Also learned on here that heated steering wheel is worth speccing as using heated seat and steering wheel can use a lot less battery than using the air con.
Would never have bothered with heated steering wheel on a petrol car, but for what it costs its worth having.

Colour is very personal. Thinking Ice Grey for mine now.

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestions - it looks like I have many things covered then.

I didn't realise rear wheel steering comes with power steering plus so I'll add that. Already planned for the larger battery and going 4S so get the air suspension.

I have to have the heated steering wheel - having this in the last few cars it's become a 'must have' :)

So a slight update - PMQE7G85 - and a bit of a saving already! Still not entirely decided on colour but I do think the shape suits the light colours. I'm also a bit hooked on the mission wheels.

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
I'm all over the place with my selection :CWL:

Saw a white car on the road and I think I've decided against it (my M5 was white and not my choice as it was a stock car).

So now moved over to black/crayon and potentially with the ceramics if I can stretch to it, even though I think they're pointless.

Porsche Taycan Spec, delivery and hello! Front

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Go with crayon exterior. Black doesn't show off the beautiful lines of this car. I love all the colors available; mamba, neptune blue, chalk, carmine, etc...

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Rear wheel steering - had this on a previous car - effect is very marginal - I never noticed any difference over normal version - it came as a standard feature - personally I would not pay as a spec upgrade

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Metallic black or grey absolutely do show off the lines of the car. I think there's a lot of cultural difference between the US and European countries in colour preference, individual taste and all but I like something a bit understated. I also don't really get why so many people get white cars at the moment, all looks a bit second hand police car to me.

Porsche Taycan Spec, delivery and hello! _20210524_120111.JPG

I can't say I know what difference it makes at speed but the tuning circle with RWS is a load smaller which makes a big difference parking a big car with crap rear visibility (get the surround cameras)

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Metallic black or grey absolutely do show off the lines of the car. I think there's a lot of cultural difference between the US and European countries in colour preference, individual taste and all but I like something a bit understated. I also don't really get why so many people get white cars at the moment, all looks a bit second hand police car to me.

_20210524_120111.JPG

I can't say I know what difference it makes at speed but the tuning circle with RWS is a load smaller which makes a big difference parking a big car with crap rear visibility (get the surround cameras)
I agree. I have a Volcano grey 4S and it looks great. One thing to remember is that the 4S comes with a lot of plastic at the bottom of the car. I think it is less obvious with black and volcano grey than lighter colours.

I went for the RWS and think it is good and worth having along with 360 camera (without self park). Panoramic roof and matrix led lights are also good.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I have the Ice Grey. Looks great with the body colored side skirt inserts and the black works with the electric charging ports and black fin. Pano roof is a must for me. Forget the carbon trim...mine has it but you wouldn't know. The sport seats are great.

Porsche Taycan Spec, delivery and hello! 20210313_160513

Porsche Taycan Spec, delivery and hello! 20210316_113315

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Appreciate all the input thanks.

Now just trying to get some sort of accurate lead time so I can place the order! Curve ball is that only the 4S was available on the scheme but mow I can order any model so looking again at the others since higher base spec usually makes residuals better than lots of options.

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
FINALLY!!

The car is ordered and confirmed for ‘Q2 2022’.

I’ll be honest that much of the excitement of ordering a Porsche has been beaten out of me as it’s been so painful.

Final spec is very different from the original… PN73KDC3

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FINALLY!!

The car is ordered and confirmed for ‘Q2 2022’.

I’ll be honest that much of the excitement of ordering a Porsche has been beaten out of me as it’s been so painful.

Final spec is very different from the original… PN73KDC3
Nice! That's a long wait. My 2021 was in my hands 7 weeks from order.
Sponsored