Spec'd up 4 CT vs minimal options 4S CT - thoughts

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Just did a little detour going home. Launch control at a red light heading straight to a 120 km/h highway. More than fast enough. Nice extra push around 110-120 km/h I guess this is the second gear? Don’t mind my earlier post. Even in the Uk I would go for the well spec CT 4 above a base 4S.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mattdsc

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X4M Competition
Country flag
Awesome, thanks.

I will hear back from the dealership tomorrow and see how it goes.

This was my code: PPYNW224 - I love the white (personally) as looks a little storm trooper!

Any suggestions on what I may be missing, please feel free to suggest! :)

Just did a little detour going home. Launch control at a red light heading straight to a 120 km/h highway. More than fast enough. Nice extra push around 110-120 km/h I guess this is the second gear? Don’t mind my earlier post. Even in the Uk I would go for the well spec CT 4 above a base 4S.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I see you have an X4M Comp. Coming from that level of power, the 380hp of the 4 will probably leave you a bit cold. I’m not saying you’ll use 4S power all the time, but it depends what your priorities are.
I’d go with a lighter spec on 4S, but that’s because I tend to tap into the power quite often, as I don’t live in an urban area.

Since you are now a member of the forum, we all know how it’s gonna end anyway. Give it a few weeks and it’ll be a 4S with 20+ grand of extras 😅

OP
OP

mattdsc

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X4M Competition
Country flag
LOL, well spotted.

Yes that is my worry a little. Not that I need the power, just the fact it is there.

The X4M Comp is over 530bhp (rolling road!) and that is factory, not 'touched' in any way, so I didn't want to move to the CT and feel underwhelmed.

I am also rural and the route to work is 'fun', so maybe the 4S may be a better choice, I just can't have all the toys if I go 4S.

I see you have an X4M Comp. Coming from that level of power, the 380hp of the 4 will probably leave you a bit cold. I’m not saying you’ll use 4S power all the time, but it depends what your priorities are.
I’d go with a lighter spec on 4S, but that’s because I tend to tap into the power quite often, as I don’t live in an urban area.

Since you are now a member of the forum, we all know how it’s gonna end anyway. Give it a few weeks and it’ll be a 4S with 20+ grand of extras 😅

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,
I had my order confirmed this week for a Volcano Grey 4S CT, with the slightly upgraded wheels, pan roof, chrono and sound pack......but in true 'me' fashion, I changed my mid over the weekend!

I have now spec'd a 4 CT with a ton load more extra's (ones that I REALLY wanted but couldn't justify on the 4S) and its actually less money. They have said it shouldn't be to much of an issue to change, but waiting to hear back if it effects build time.

What does the 4S have other than 1 sec faster 0-60? I know you need to spec the black window surrounds on the 4S where you don't on the 4, but other than that they are basically the same right?

As they are all the same battery etc, is it potential that via a software update (in the future) the 4 could be as fast as the 4S?

Cheers in advance for your feedback :)
Window surrounds are gloss black and not matt which looks a bit dreary.

Wheels are about 1K extra.

More torque, horsepower and overall top speed. Acceleration is one thing but passing potential another.

None of this will necessarily justify the cost differential but the gap is reduced a little when factoring this in.

More bragging rights with a 4S in any of the Porsche line-up which may be irrelevant too.

Better resale on 4S is likely.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Are you keeping X4M or trading it for the Taycan? My opinion is if you have other fast cars, a Taycan as a daily doesn't need to be fast, and I wouldn't miss it. If you're replacing your fast car, it matters more

Case in point, I'm ok with just having a RWD as a daily since I have a fast weekend car already

OP
OP

mattdsc

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X4M Competition
Country flag
Hi, the X4 will go, the CT is a replacement for it.

I’ve watched many 4S videos and it’s epic, but there aren’t that many 4 videos, so can’t gauge peoples reactions to the differences.

My local dealership aren’t taking orders any more, so have had to go further afield.

I haven’t even had an opportunity to get a test drive myself :(

Are you keeping X4M or trading it for the Taycan? My opinion is if you have other fast cars, a Taycan as a daily doesn't need to be fast, and I wouldn't miss it. If you're replacing your fast car, it matters more

Case in point, I'm ok with just having a RWD as a daily since I have a fast weekend car already

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Wife has a high spec CT4. We both test drove a 4S and once you are rolling, 40-80mph seems to be the same. Base CT is plenty fast enough, but there have been times I wished for more power (that would be Turbo S power).

The same spec CT4S would have been $14k more, not worth it in the end.
Sponsored