Speed bump ??

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
hi guys,

I was asking myself a question, and I’m really afraid about that.

Here in France, we often find speed bumps with more than 20 cm high and the underbody seems really low.

How will we do this with this car?
Is there an option to take in order to deal with that ?

At this time, I have an Audi TT mk3 and it’s a little bit complicated with its under body under of 11,4cm.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
Hi Ben ... at least Turbo versions will haft lift function included ... no problem :)

... and better to order "Sport Chrono" as well .. so you can easily lift the car with the small round switch wheel at the steering wheel ... no need to dive into car menu each time

OP
OP
BenJL

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,
Thank you a lot for your answer.

what is this “lift function”?
I cannot see it on on the configurator.

OP
OP
BenJL

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh ! It’s amazing !
Is it included on the 4S?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I should clarify that I don't believe that it is an option. It is either something that is standard or not available at all. We will know eventually, I guess, but since they charge $2500 for the option for the 911, I actually don't believe that is available on the Taycan.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The taycan has an adjustable air suspension similar to the Tesla model S. It’s not clear that it would need front axel lift

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Adaptive Air Suspension is standard on the 4S, Turbo, Turbo S.
No need at all for Front Axel Lift to be an option in the first place.

It has multiple ride height settings that you can control. When I had a Cayenne Turbo I had 5 different height settings, but not yet certain how many the Taycan will have. It will automatically lower at high speed as well for handling and aerodynamics.

Video of it in action on a Panamera:

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Is the active air suspension easily adjusted via a hard control on the wheel on the Panamera or Cayenne?

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to https://e-performance.io/en/article/taycan-chassis
Adaptive air suspension: always at the right level
The Taycan's three-chamber air suspension provides a wide range of spring rates. This allows the chassis to be adjusted to a low basic spring rate and therefore made more comfortable. As soon as necessary, the spring rate is electronically adjusted in a fraction of a second - for example when accelerating and braking. Roll movements are reduced via volume control.

In addition, the air suspension offers the well-known advantages of ride height control. These include the fact that the vehicle height remains the same or at the desired level, regardless of the vehicle load. What is more, the frontal area can be reduced in two stages by lowering the front end, thus optimising the range. Three further levels are available in addition to the normal level, depending on the driving modes. In the Range and Sport Plus modes, the chassis is always in the lowest position (-22 millimetres):

• The lift level raises the chassis by 20 millimetres to prevent the front spoiler from bottoming, for example when entering an underground car park. This level can be set at speeds up to 30 km/h.
  • From a speed of 90 km/h, the Taycan is lowered by ten millimetres.
  • And when 180 km/h is reached, the body is automatically lowered by a total of 22 millimetres to improve road holding and aerodynamics at high speeds.
You should be able to just change the driving mode to adjust the ride height.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
According to https://e-performance.io/en/article/taycan-chassis
Adaptive air suspension: always at the right level
The Taycan's three-chamber air suspension provides a wide range of spring rates. This allows the chassis to be adjusted to a low basic spring rate and therefore made more comfortable. As soon as necessary, the spring rate is electronically adjusted in a fraction of a second - for example when accelerating and braking. Roll movements are reduced via volume control.

In addition, the air suspension offers the well-known advantages of ride height control. These include the fact that the vehicle height remains the same or at the desired level, regardless of the vehicle load. What is more, the frontal area can be reduced in two stages by lowering the front end, thus optimising the range. Three further levels are available in addition to the normal level, depending on the driving modes. In the Range and Sport Plus modes, the chassis is always in the lowest position (-22 millimetres):

• The lift level raises the chassis by 20 millimetres to prevent the front spoiler from bottoming, for example when entering an underground car park. This level can be set at speeds up to 30 km/h.
  • From a speed of 90 km/h, the Taycan is lowered by ten millimetres.
  • And when 180 km/h is reached, the body is automatically lowered by a total of 22 millimetres to improve road holding and aerodynamics at high speeds.
You should be able to just change the driving mode to adjust the ride height.
So just always keep it in Sport Plus ?

I always just do that anyway

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reading the article, my understanding is that in "Range" and "Sport Plus" modes, the ride height is always at its lowest regardless of vehicle speed. Changing the driving mode to other modes, allow you to configure to raise the driving height by 20 mm if vehicle speed is below 30 km/h.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Is the active air suspension easily adjusted via a hard control on the wheel on the Panamera or Cayenne?
Yes in my Cayenne it was a physical toggle switch on the console.
On the Taycan it is a touch button in the form of a shock icon on the right side of the curved 16" main driver display.
You can see it clearly in this pic:
Porsche Taycan Speed bump ?? Porsche-Taycan-19

Without Sport Chrono you have Normal, Range and Sport modes and must use the touch screen to change modes.
The Sport Chrono option adds Sport Plus and Individual modes and the dial on the steering wheel to quickly change modes.

So to solve your problem you could program your Individual mode to be the highest ride height and be your "speed bump clearing" mode with a quick flick of the dial on the steering wheel if you opt for the Sport Chrono package.
Sponsored

Last edited: