Speed bumps.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Still waiting on my car and was wondering what your experience with speed bumps are. Here in Norway they’re supposed to be 10cm, but by experience it seems this varies wildly from area to area.

I’m a bit concerned as I’m not used to such a low car. I know that range and sports+ has the car in the lowest setting all the time, but would Normal mode still force me to use the ride-height button on the instrument cluster, or drive diagonally over bumps?
Sponsored

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
In my experience, most speed bumps go fine in normal mode, just remember to drive slowly. But the largest ones do require the lift mode. You'll get a feel for this.

I've never needed to drive over something diagonally.

Couple of notes. The time it takes for the lift to fully extend depends on the initial height. From range/sport+ it takes around 8 seconds (!). Don't really recommend those modes on any city roads. And it can only be done at max 30km/h. From normal or sport mode it takes approx half the time.

I've had more problems hitting the bottom of the car on a "downing" of a bad country road while driving in range mode. I'm not talking about a pothole here, but rather the road being generally bumpy and having a significant bump when driving downhill. Hit the bottom multiple times on my recent lapland roadtrip and once quite loudly.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The Taycan is not that low in normal drive mode.
Here in my country I even use the lowest setting, no problem.
Speed is everything (and dampers of course).
I have had lower cars.
That's why I'm going to lower my Taycan, still waiting for 4 pcs. 10mm ball link rod ends...

Last edited:

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Taycan 4S+ here on the west coast of Norway. So far no issues with speed bumps in Normal mode, and we do have a ton of them around here. Have to use elevated mode going in & out my driveway but that's about it.
Planning a trip up to my cabin (Geilo) this coming weekend. The last stretch up to the cabins could prove interesting. Update to follow....

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Taycan 4S+ here on the west coast of Norway. So far no issues with speed bumps in Normal mode, and we do have a ton of them around here. Have to use elevated mode going in & out my driveway but that's about it.
Planning a trip up to my cabin (Geilo) this coming weekend. The last stretch up to the cabins could prove interesting. Update to follow....
Very relieved to hear that. I’m on the west coast myself and the bumps are fucking everywhere. 7 speed bumps from the main road and to my house.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It’s been chewing at me ever since we ordered it. November delivery.
Sponsored