Jonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC
Country flag
Hi, I'm new to the forum and wanted to get a view on whether owners think it's worth getting the Sports Design Package on the RWD Taycan? I'm not sure whether to invest the cost into something else (e.g. Upgrade sound system). Appreciate thoughts before I lock down my spec?
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I think the side skirts are an improvement over what is standard. I'm not convinced that the front and the rears are, however. I would get the sides and use the rest for other options.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
I got it and wouldn’t spec it again. Far too much money for what it is. Subtle at best.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
No go for almost 6K. Much better choices over that. Full leather, pano roof, wheels, PSCB brakes, crests, Bose/Burmester, door sills, door lights, etc....

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
It is subtle, but I opted for it and like the look - to me its slightly more aggressive. I opted for the front and side - but not the rear.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Definitely go for the Bose and if you like the look of the Sports package then get it. I just got the side skirts as didn’t like the enlarged intakes in the front or the little wingy bits stuck on the back.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, I'm new to the forum and wanted to get a view on whether owners think it's worth getting the Sports Design Package on the RWD Taycan? I'm not sure whether to invest the cost into something else (e.g. Upgrade sound system). Appreciate thoughts before I lock down my spec?
IMHO it is a waste of money and actually males the front of the car look worse.

Side skirts would be worth it if they where fully colour coded but as they aren't it makes the full Sports Design pack questionable.

Put the money elsewhere e.g. Bose, extended leather, Rear Axle Steering, matrix lights others.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Side skirts would be worth it if they where fully colour coded but as they aren't it makes the full Sports Design pack questionable.

Put the money elsewhere e.g. Bose, extended leather, Rear Axle Steering, matrix lights others.
+2

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag

Did you just call my baby ugly ;)

Porsche Taycan Sports Design Pack 1C80B90D-6CC3-463B-9905-533D68FBD838

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the side skirts and I honestly had to compare my car to a photo of one without them in order to verify that I had them on. It’s very subtle though I will say that I prefer them.

I prefer the standard front and rear bumpers though. I usually prefer a more aggressive and sporty look, but these don’t do it for me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Did you just call my baby ugly ;)

1C80B90D-6CC3-463B-9905-533D68FBD838.jpeg
Ha ha! Not a fair comparison as you have a Turbo which has the painted front diffuser which helps.

To add the Sport Design front to a base Taycan isn't a great idea IMHO and I think the standard front looks better. Many folk won't notice the difference (again a reason not to pay extra for) save a few us EV-heads!

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
Personally, I like it on my Carmine Red Turbo, but if you're getting a dark color (ie black or grey) it'd be barely noticeable. For the RWD, I'd agree with others that the money is probably better spent on other options (ie Bose, seats, ext leather).

OP
OP

Jonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC
Country flag
Thank you everyone for your advice. I decided to got with the majority and change the spec and loaded up on other stuff. Cheers!
Sponsored