Standard interior with burmester audio or leather interior with Bose

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I have both on my CT and I would definitely go for full leather. Burmeister is really incredible if you have high quality recordings, if you don’t then go with Bose. Never heard Bose but can’t be that bad.
Sponsored

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Probably leather. I have Bose on the Taycan and it's good enough with Apple lossless streaming, especially if you are focusing on the drive which detracts from the perfect listening experience. Also, as said above, quality of audio source plays a role.

I have the Burm in a my20 G63 (burm 3d was not yet available), now I learn it might just be a glorified HK (odd to know :), it sounds good but not magic with digital radio (DAB+), also the shape of cabin creates unpleasant reflections (plus a lot of road noise on that car). Last, there is the occasional rattling from one of the doors speakers (people on mbworld forum have complained about poor fit&finish for the Burm speakers). I had again the Burm in a my19 991 gts and it was really great, much better than the G.

ps. there's a huge separate thread somewhere here singing praises of Burm and debating sampling rates, digital converters, external usb storage, sound stage, Flac, hi-res or not, etc. you then probably need a chauffeur to just concentrate on music

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
The Bose system in the Taycan is much better than the Bose I had in my S7. No regrets going with it in my opinion.
Thanks everyone, will order Bose then, decided.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am a classical music lover and find listening to music in a car, whatever system, is disappointing because it can't anywhere near cope with the dynamic range of real uncompressed recordings so spending a lot on a car audio system has always seemed daft to me (and I write this as somebody whose domestic hifi cost more than a Taycan and listens several hours a day not in a car).

Personally I am bored rigid by black interiors which are almost unavoidable everywhere.

I have ordered Mamba and my current favourite is Blackberry with Neodyme, which brightens it up, though I may go with Truffle, for non-blackness but a bit expensive, or even chalk beige for a light airy interior which will be cooler if left parked in the sun. It has beige backs on the front seats and paler door furniture.

All the other 2-tone leathers have too much black and only small flashes of colour for my personal taste. I quite liked the red but my wife said it looked like descending into hell, so I thought better of it...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am a classical music lover and find listening to music in a car, whatever system, is disappointing because it can't anywhere near cope with the dynamic range of real uncompressed recordings so spending a lot on a car audio system has always seemed daft to me (and I write this as somebody whose domestic hifi cost more than a Taycan and listens several hours a day not in a car).

Personally I am bored rigid by black interiors which are almost unavoidable everywhere.

I have ordered Mamba and my current favourite is Blackberry with Neodyme, which brightens it up, though I may go with Truffle, for non-blackness but a bit expensive, or even chalk beige for a light airy interior which will be cooler if left parked in the sun. It has beige backs on the front seats and paler door furniture.

All the other 2-tone leathers have too much black and only small flashes of colour for my personal taste. I quite liked the red but my wife said it looked like descending into hell, so I thought better of it...
Brave colour choice indeed - Black / Crayon is my 'safe' favourite rather than black / beige and hell is definitely not a great place to be (apparently). Blackberry for a show car - no brainer - but to live with daily, meh not sure.

100% agree that to spend ££££ on in-car hi-fi is pointless and to get the most from it (USB stick with the best possible audio file source) is a faff. Bose is the middle ground and not a bank breaker. Other audiophiles / musicians on this forum will probably strongly disagree but hey ho.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Brave colour choice indeed - Black / Crayon is my 'safe' favourite rather than black / beige and hell is definitely not a great place to be (apparently). Blackberry for a show car - no brainer - but to live with daily, meh not sure.
The only (non) colour I don't want to live with is black. It has been a non-choice on every sporty car here in the UK for many years though I must admit to thinking it looked cool in the 1960s.
The problem with Crayon/black (and red/black and the two 2-tone Olea choices) is that they are basically black interiors with 4 coloured seat facings and little flashes of colour on a black door and dash and with black carpets and black seat backs of the front seats.
Basically a 90% black interior and did I mention I am fed-up with black interiors :)

Green and Purple was one of the publicity colour combinations used by Hugo Boss when they were sponsoring F1 and I loved it, my only concern with blackberry is that it is still a bit dark for parking in the sun. I may still go chalk-beige as it is the only 2-tone that isn't 90% black.

I imagine my colour choice isn't the only uncommon item on my set of options... PNIARGI4

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Worth noting that a downside of the Bose or Burmester systems is their subwoofers fill the otherwise useful 40ish? litre underfloor compartment.
THe BOSE doesn't - I have the 'hidden' stowage area for my public charging cable, golf shoes etc. It might be a little shallower (not sure) but it is most definitely not 'filled'.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The only (non) colour I don't want to live with is black. It has been a non-choice on every sporty car here in the UK for many years though I must admit to thinking it looked cool in the 1960s.
The problem with Crayon/black (and red/black and the two 2-tone Olea choices) is that they are basically black interiors with 4 coloured seat facings and little flashes of colour on a black door and dash and with black carpets and black seat backs of the front seats.
Basically a 90% black interior and did I mention I am fed-up with black interiors :)

Green and Purple was one of the publicity colour combinations used by Hugo Boss when they were sponsoring F1 and I loved it, my only concern with blackberry is that it is still a bit dark for parking in the sun. I may still go chalk-beige as it is the only 2-tone that isn't 90% black.

I imagine my colour choice isn't the only uncommon item on my set of options... PNIARGI4
Nice!

Curious as to why you didn't add the Pano roof to give some light - I think it may look dark regardless of the interior colour - less rigidity?

Otherwise the spec is 'normal' :)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thanks Guys, that is two nil against burmester so far
Another vote for leather... i've seen mamba green with olea truffle brown... amazing combo.
Just try to see/feel olea, i'm pretty sure you'll want it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice!

Curious as to why you didn't add the Pano roof to give some light - I think it may look dark regardless of the interior colour - less rigidity?

Otherwise the spec is 'normal' :)
Glad the spec is normal. I had got the impression not many chose torque vectoring, active ARBs or rear wheel steering but many chose, pano roof, comfort access, adaptive cruise control or Innodrive, electric charge hatches HUD and so forth.

I don't like glass roofs on sunny days none will block the heat radiation 100%, plus I don't like the look of it at all compared to the styling of the metal roof plus it is heavier.
The CT I test drove had one and I didn't even notice it at all until I got out and saw it. The back seats will be mainly for occasional grandchild transporting.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Glad the spec is normal. I had got the impression not many chose torque vectoring, active ARBs or rear wheel steering but many chose, pano roof, comfort access, adaptive cruise control or Innodrive, electric charge hatches HUD and so forth.

I don't like glass roofs on sunny days none will block the heat radiation 100%, plus I don't like the look of it at all compared to the styling of the metal roof plus it is heavier.
The CT I test drove had one and I didn't even notice it at all until I got out and saw it. The back seats will be mainly for occasional grandchild transporting.
Understood - but the new roof might address the shade issue further (I'll know in November). PDCC I had on my Cayenne GTS (somewhat irrelevantly) and just can't justify the cost for the type of driving I do on my current 4S or forthcoming GTS (perhaps I could be persuaded).

I do like the metal roof but I like airiness also.

ACC, HUD, Inno and all that guff are just not required in this part of the world IMHO.

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
at 70mph The nosse level in the cabin is 60db.

in that contextthe diskussion between burmester and bose is rater meaningless.

go for leather.

also agree that burmester is seriously overpriced.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
THe BOSE doesn't - I have the 'hidden' stowage area for my public charging cable, golf shoes etc. It might be a little shallower (not sure) but it is most definitely not 'filled'.
That's good to know. Maybe I was remembering a Turbo review with optioned Burmester (the declared Turbo underfloor storage is 40 litres less, they have Bose as standard equipment and additional space is lost for upgraded drive component(s)). The configurator is characteristically unhelpfully non-specific "Note: reduced luggage compartment volume due to subwoofer underneath the rear luggage compartment floor " for Bose and Burmester when selected as options- which in the case of the Turbos implies that the Burmester takes more space than the Bose.
I've edited my original post to avoid misleading anyone.
Sponsored