First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi there,

I’m enjoying my new Taycan 4S of which I took delivery a week ago and thus far I’m stoked. It brings a smile to my face every time I go to my car in the morning and drive it.

what surprised me though was the sudden drop in power consumption from one day to the next. This is quite striking as my commute is thek same city, highway and then country road (almost equal split). Did you observe the same during the first weeks? And no, I didn’t drive more carefully… if anything, the opposite.

Porsche Taycan Sudden drop in power consumption FC5A74CC-6C0F-4D82-BB78-35C1EAA90D03
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Normal behavior, the car consumes more energy as it's breaking it. It's in the manual.
Congrats on the car!

OP
OP

mountain2k

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Weather will affect consumption (and stuff like heated/cooled seats, lights, etc.)
That’s the thing, weather was constant over the days with a tendency to be actually colder (0 degrees Celsius) and with that I actually had the seat heater on. The Porsche rep said something about the car needing to “learn over the first 3000km” . But I haven’t even passed the 500km yet. I’m fine with it in the sense, less powerusage means more range. But the sudden drop is odd, as the conditions worsened not improved. Let’s see how it develops. Can’t wait for my first long haul (500km one way)

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Your car probably started to deploy regen. When new it doesn’t regen - needs to break in the brakes; once that’s done regen kicks in fully and consumption drops. I have mine exactly a week and same thing happened

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Can also be different preconditioning of the battery over the days.

OP
OP

mountain2k

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
a very likely reason is the bricked HV heater :)
If that would be the case, I would expect an error message, or at least cold interior and the inability to pre-condition the battery.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
you won't get an error message for sure!
but of course no cabin heating as well.
Sponsored