RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There’s always the Omega GSOTM PCA Speedmaster (if you can find one).
Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch 94CFBF28-D50F-48B8-8AC5-07AEDA2206AC

Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch BDBE1E8B-E1CB-4A7E-B8D0-DC523B5FA426

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
That would be a much better option in my opinion, but the colors aren’t for me - and I’m of the camp that I like my speedy’s to be hand wound.

The main difference between a mechanical watch and a smart watch is that in 2 years time, one of them will be in a watch case, while the other in a landfill…

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There’s always the Omega GSOTM PCA Speedmaster (if you can find one).
94CFBF28-D50F-48B8-8AC5-07AEDA2206AC.jpeg

BDBE1E8B-E1CB-4A7E-B8D0-DC523B5FA426.jpeg
I have a meteorite dial one of those but my 21st birthday present in 1971 from my father turned out to be a “racing” Speedmaster
Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch 371810A8-479E-4127-8776-E896642B2066
one of about a dozen made. I had no idea wore it every day for years, the original bracelet was poor quality (so rare and valuable now, wish I hadn’t thrown it away!) then got a triple date which is still my favourite styling.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
When Apple released their first watch I swore I’d never ditch my Omega…now I wear an Apple daily. the issue with other smart watches is the software…will it be updated regularly? Is it secure?
Anything smart has impending obsolescence anyway (which to be fair is probably true of a Taycan to a lesser extent?)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When Apple released their first watch I swore I’d never ditch my Omega…now I wear an Apple daily. the issue with other smart watches is the software…will it be updated regularly? Is it secure?
Anything smart has impending obsolescence anyway (which to be fair is probably true of a Taycan to a lesser extent?)
My experience was almost opposite.
Being a gadget fan I only managed to resist the iWatch until 3rd generation but liked it so little as a watch I used to wear a clockwork watch as well on the other wrist to tell the time.
The battery life was pitiful and most of the functions I never used.
I gave it to my son who loves it.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
My experience was almost opposite.
Being a gadget fan I only managed to resist the iWatch until 3rd generation but liked it so little as a watch I used to wear a clockwork watch as well on the other wrist to tell the time.
The battery life was pitiful and most of the functions I never used.
I gave it to my son who loves it.
I’m fully suckered in. Daily step count syncs with private health insurance (more steps = lower premium and free stuff), multi-factor authentication for work and other things buzzes on my wrist Instead of needing a code, music and wireless headphones for running, range estimator for golf shots. Awful really

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I have tried twice to adapt to an Apple Watch. The first generation and last years. However it is still too thick for me, I use a Bulgari Octo finissimo automatic stopwatch in Titanium as my daily. And I only take my watch off to shower, not to sleep, swim or other activities. So basically I would need two Apple Watches… one to use while the other one charges !:headbang: Both times I returned them after under 1 hour of use…

May I add I am an Apple fan, having had every iPhone flagship model since the 3G model debuted in Spain, every iPad since the first one, an Imac since 2012, now have a loaded iMac Pro since 2017 (awaiting for the new one).

I am hoping the rumored Apple Glass is released soon. That would be great in combination with my prescription glasses and being able to display info and see them similarly to a car HUD… This would work even if I have to recharge nightly, as I don’t wear my glasses while I sleep.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
If you're getting a smartwatch, sport is probably a big thing for you.

Based on battery life alone, there's only one real choice right now: Garmin.

Everything else you are trading that for sleeker looks or because you don't need the superior mapping/GPS or both.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Based on battery life alone, there's only one real choice right now: Garmin.
I preferred the Withings battery life of 30 days or so, but uses the GPS in the phone, so OK for hikers perhaps not running at lowest weight :)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I preferred the Withings battery life of 30 days or so, but uses the GPS in the phone, so OK for hikers perhaps not running at lowest weight :)
Not heard of Withings before, but they look good and excellent battery life.

It seems to be doing what the Tag should have done! The Tag could have kept its Swiss Made moniker had it used an actual movement as well.

Where you need maps, that's where Garmin smartwatches are surprisingly useful even with a small 47mm screen. Quick flick of the wrist and you can safely see where you are while not losing focus of the terrain.

Was trail running in South Africa earlier this year. This was before I had my Garmin smartwatch. Was checking my phone while running. Tripped on a rock. Almost face planted at speed, with a heavy fall.

Badly injured my knees that took the brunt of the fall. One hand badly grazed. Back of phone case in other hand took a hard blow (phone miraculously survived with no damage). Almost lost my water bottle over the cliff... I suppose it could have been worse!

First Aid kit was very useful that day.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I used to have a Fitbit, but it never worked right. It said I was supposed to accumulate 10,000 steps, but the count kept resetting every day.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
Of course TAG may be expensive everything is relative!
How can one justify Patek Philippe , AP like watches which cost over $30 K

if the TAG can really connect with the Porsche while one is paying extra cost may be insignificant compared with the other expensive watches.
On the other hand I'm not really sure if TAG can really connect to the Tycan ??

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
If Patek was just over $30k I would have 4 Nautilus’ right now. Ha! They are justified because of the horological significance, hand made, desirability, rarity, aesthetics, etc. in addition to being a place where wealthy can park cash into assets that don’t depreciate and simultaneously flex on their other rich friends.

No one does that with a battery powered watch, it’s a disposable toy.

New 40mm nautilus in steel goes for $35k from a dealer and $130k+ on the open market. Supply and demand.

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My TAG Heuer Connected Calibre E4 Porsche smartwatch arrived today! I am upgrading from the same model TAG Heuer Connected non-Porsche, so I am already a fan of the looks and the way it feels on the wrist.

The titanium body is a big part of its price compared to steel alternatives. I believe the bezel is ceramic, so it's also more durable than bezels made of softer metals.

Those complaining about battery life ... c'mon, we drive a Taycan that needs frequent charging! 😂 At least the watch's charger doesn't complain about overheating. 🙂 No smartwatch will ever compare to the multi-day battery life I used to see on a Pebble watch, but then again, few people remember how BlackBerry phones also used to run for multiple days. Nowadays, everything is charged at night -- phone, watch, and car.

The My Porsche app works as advertised. Battery SOC is updated every few minutes, and being able to set the AC to precool the car is great! The blue accents are a close, but not exact match for the blue used on the instrument panel. It looks really sharp in person.

Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch PXL_20220903_205008722

The watch complication showing the battery SOC has a wave effect, just like the battery display on the center console.

Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch PXL_20220903_205034204