Nkarakala

First Name
Nithin karakala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
My 4S and Nkarakala's 4S arrived in port in Davisville, Rhode Island this morning. Hopefully the cars won't be held in port too long.
My car will be offloaded in Houston. Please let me know how long it takes to clear customs and if the dealer is going to hold the car for the so called official 4S release

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My 4S and Nkarakala's 4S arrived in port in Davisville, Rhode Island this morning. Hopefully the cars won't be held in port too long.
Mine will be in port tomorrow, when will yours be delivered to the Porsche dealerships?

Riksche

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Boxster GTS
Country flag
My 4S left Davisville this morning for Jacksonville, which is my POE. With all that’s going on in the world, hard to say what will happen from there. Supposed to exit Jacksonville on the 27th and hit my dealer in Tampa on April 3rd.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S left Davisville this morning for Jacksonville, which is my POE. With all that’s going on in the world, hard to say what will happen from there. Supposed to exit Jacksonville on the 27th and hit my dealer in Tampa on April 3rd.
How long was it in the port?
If it left, then my guess is that the Monroe sticker (with EPA rating) is on which means there may not be delays for customs.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Mine it still not due at the dealer until end of May and with the factory closing you can add time to that. At this point Ive moved on and will deal with it after Covid19, as I don’t expect to get the car this year

Last edited:

Riksche

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Boxster GTS
Country flag
The ship was only in Davisville for about 12 hours, probably to off load other vehicles. I believe Jacksonville is where the prep, sticker, etc happens. According to the schedule, that may take a week before getting on a truck to the dealer.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
How long was it in the port?
If it left, then my guess is that the Monroe sticker (with EPA rating) is on which means there may not be delays for customs.
Very true, thought mine might be caught at customs, so this is hopeful info. Now just getting flights there and driving back from New Jersey to Kentucky

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Mine will be in port tomorrow, when will yours be delivered to the Porsche dealerships?
I will check with the dealer tomorrow. As of Monday, mine was still waiting for the window sticker and CARB/FED certification in Davisville my POE. On Monday I drove 16 hours overnight to get my Cayenne back from Atlanta to Connecticut. I am planning to do a lease pull forward on the Cayenne and did not want to have the Cayenne stranded in Atlanta if the Taycan was ready in the next week or so in Connecticut, especially if a shelter in place directive is issued and I can't back to Atlanta for a few weeks.

Last edited:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will check with the dealer tomorrow. As of Monday, mine was still waiting for the window sticker and CARB/FED certification in Davisville my POE. On Monday I drove 16 hours overnight to get my Cayenne back from Atlanta to Connecticut. I am planning to do a lease pull forward on the Cayenne and did not want to have the Cayenne stranded in Atlanta if the Taycan was ready in the next week or so in Connecticut, especially if a shelter in place directive is issued and I can't back to Atlanta for a few weeks.
I received an email from the dealership this morning, My 4S is still sitting in Davisville, Rhode Island (Port of Entry) waiting for the CARB/FED certification. He told me the release/on sale date is now listed as April 17th.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I received an email from the dealership this morning, My 4S is still sitting in Davisville, Rhode Island (Port of Entry) waiting for the CARB/FED certification. He told me the release/on sale date is now listed as April 17th.
Thanks so much for the update, mine will be waiting there too, I am scheduled April 10, hope the carb thing doesn't take long.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks so much for the update, mine will be waiting there too, I am scheduled April 10, hope the carb thing doesn't take long.
I received an email from the dealership this morning that all operations sales/service/parts will be shut down at the dealership until April 20th. Up until now sales in flight were still being processed remotely by appointment. Maybe by the time they reopen the certifications will be issued to release the car from the port of entry in Rhode Island. Stay safe everyone.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I received an email from the dealership this morning that all operations sales/service/parts will be shut down at the dealership until April 20th. Up until now sales in flight were still being processed remotely by appointment. Maybe by the time they reopen the certifications will be issued to release the car from the port of entry in Rhode Island. Stay safe everyone.
WemCt, thanks for the update, mine is still at sea, but suppose to be in port the 6th, have you heard anything about the EPA, do you think it will use the turbo as the rating? April 20th would be great, here's hoping, everyone be safe.

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
In NJ dealerships are closed however sales staff working remotely. Has anyone seen anything official about the factory shutdown?

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag