OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
WemCt, thanks for the update, mine is still at sea, but suppose to be in port the 6th, have you heard anything about the EPA, do you think it will use the turbo as the rating? April 20th would be great, here's hoping, everyone be safe.
Update
My ship has come in ... My Taycan 4S has come ashore, wooo hoo,! it is in Davisville. Now, just need the Porsche dealerships to open. Anybody else got any more updates on their 4S April delivery? EPA etc..

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update
My ship has come in ... My Taycan 4S has come ashore, wooo hoo,! it is in Davisville. Now, just need the Porsche dealerships to open. Anybody else got any more updates on their 4S April delivery? EPA etc..
Looks like my delivery has pushed to back to late May. Tried to get an update from PCNA and all I got was generalized useless nonsense. My dealer is essentially closed down (at least on the Sales side) for now.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Looks like my delivery has pushed to back to late May. Tried to get an update from PCNA and all I got was generalized useless nonsense. My dealer is essentially closed down (at least on the Sales side) for now.
Well the ship siem Cicero that dropped off my car is on its way to Houston, ETA 4/15, your baby might be on it.. :clap:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I called PCNA this morning. As you know my 4S was off loaded from the boat on March 13th. The representative told me that all US Taycan 4S are being held nationwide until April 17th. They are still waiting for the CARB certification. The ETA to my dealership in Connecticut is now May 1st. She told me it might be delivered earlier to the dealer if the 4S is released from Davisville, Rhode Island on April 17th.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I called PCNA this morning. As you know my 4S was off loaded from the boat on March 13th. The representative told me that all US Taycan 4S are being held nationwide until April 17th. They are still waiting for the CARB certification. The ETA to my dealership in Connecticut is now May 1st. She told me it might be delivered earlier to the dealer if the 4S is released from Davisville, Rhode Island on April 17th.
WemCt- thanks for the great info, the light at the end of the tunnel, now, I am going to wave my magic wand and make the coronavirus start going away and let's hit the road. Any guesses on carb rating? That would be a fun guessing topic, I am going with 300 miles of range.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I imagine what the representative meant is that the EPA cert is expected on the 17th.
WemCt- thanks for the great info, the light at the end of the tunnel, now, I am going to wave my magic wand and make the coronavirus start going away and let's hit the road. Any guesses on carb rating? That would be a fun guessing topic, I am going with 300 miles of range.

just found this: 2020 Taycan 4S CARB certified for 289.7 miles of range

Last edited by a moderator:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I imagine what the representative meant is that the EPA cert is expected on the 17th.

just found this: 2020 Taycan 4S CARB certified for 289.7 miles of range
Nice find. I'm not sure why April 17th is a magical date, but the representative did tell me that nationwide, the 4S was being held until April 17th. For me it doesn't matter b/c my dealer is completely closed until April 20th.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice find. I'm not sure why April 17th is a magical date, but the representative did tell me that nationwide, the 4S was being held until April 17th. For me it doesn't matter b/c my dealer is completely closed until April 20th.
FWIW, my sales associate told me the exact same thing about April 17th before they closed. And I think the date was originally April 10th before being changed to the 17th. It must be correct!

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
FWIW, my sales associate told me the exact same thing about April 17th before they closed. And I think the date was originally April 10th before being changed to the 17th. It must be correct!
I got the same info.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am not so sure about when they are resuming production.

My car started production in March.
After 12 days in production, it went into storage right before the shutdown.
Now it is estimated to complete production on May 29th.

Delivery now in August.

So I believe that they aren't planning on production again until end of May since there is no other reason for a car so into production would not complete for 6 weeks.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Heres my update,

My car was slated to be here in April then pushed to end of May early June.

Now as of today it is estimated to complete production on June 2nd

Delivery now slated for August 14th 2020.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heres my update,

My car was slated to be here in April then pushed to end of May early June.

Now as of today it is estimated to complete production on June 2nd

Delivery now slated for August 14th 2020.
Hey neighbor, we are probably going to be on the same boat.
Speaking of which, I haven't seen that the shipping website has an updated schedule. Only has the one from March 2020 up.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine was completed 3/11. It supposedly hasn't left Germany yet, but no one knows for sure. Anyone else completed on/after that date have any more info.?
Sponsored