Taycan 4s vs Taycan Turbo

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Just wondering what your guys thoughts would be on a Taycan 4s which is quite highly spec'd to around £115k vs getting a Taycan Turbo at £125k which wont be as highly spec'd.

Which would you go for and would resales values hold stronger on the Turbo?
Sponsored

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I had the same dilemma, but I chose the 4s in the end. I didn’t really want to have the turbo and think I wish I could have had a few more options. The power deficit is the only negative with the 4s for me. But I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how it is.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Ah, the old 4s vs Turbo dilemma!

For me, the finance price difference was pretty small because of the better residuals on the Turbo, so I went Turbo. A bunch of things I would have paid for on the 4S were included as standard on the Turbo for a start (like decent wheels, metallic paint, full leather interior, sports seats) and honestly when you're talking £100 a month or so why wouldn't you go for the faster model. Plus I get some other goodies like PSCB brakes, PTV, err plus probably other stuff for free! (sort of, as least that's what I've convinced myself of). Oh, and the £20K higher 100% tax write-off value helps too, though not so much at the end of the term when I return it.

See the other thread here too for more opinions: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/4s-vs-turbo.1813/

That must be quite a difference in spec between the 4s and the Turbo at £115K/£125K - my 4s/Turbo builds were pretty much the same spec but were £101K/£123K so you must be missing some stuff to have the Turbo "only" be £125K?

Last edited:

kingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E-Hybrid, Taycan Turbo (ordered)
Country flag
This forum forced me to go Turbo as I had added that many options to the base 4S it would have been daft to NOT get the Turbo. If you think about the second hand market the trade in values never seem to take options into account (despite what they tell you when buying new!).

Just had word my turbo is this side of the channel! :)

OP
OP

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
This forum forced me to go Turbo as I had added that many options to the base 4S it would have been daft to NOT get the Turbo. If you think about the second hand market the trade in values never seem to take options into account (despite what they tell you when buying new!).

Just had word my turbo is this side of the channel! :)
I decided to go for a Turbo in the end as well. It ended up costing me £133k however I managed to get it from a dealer brand new and unregistered at basically the price of the car configurator. Only difference being that I can pick it up within the next week as it was sitting as a showroom model.

I also looked at the residuals and I wanted originally a 4s however with all the options it was coating around 30K extra which is never taken into account on resale value.
Sponsored