Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
Hi, I ordered a 4s back in August, and options come to about £30k. I've now realised that a GTS with those options would only be £5k more.

Should I talk to my dealer (Chester) about going GTS now? What's difference in setup between the two? And does it go to the £10k order deposit?
Sponsored

Reactions: OJC

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Gts
Hi, I ordered a 4s back in August, and options come to about £30k. I've now realised that a GTS with those options would only be £5k more.

Should I talk to my dealer (Chester) about going GTS now? What's difference in setup between the two? And does it go to the £10k order deposit?
GTS all the way ….why because it’s the GTS 😉 end of 😀😂

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Well, my quick view on this (not least as it’s a crazy day to stop to write on this cracker forum) is:

Very hard to get trade in value for extras added to any car - most especially luxury vehicle brands like Porsche. So residual on a GTS might be lots better than a loaded 4S.

I’ve a Taycan Turbo after initially having a 4S. The higher ⚡ consumption impacted by performance and compromised a little by styling too (wheels) all impact on range a little so decide if that matters to your typical use / journeys. My Turbo often states 185 miles at 85% but in reality it feels like 150 miles most months of the year (the 4S on 20” wheels handled beautifully and gave me 15% more range and really suited my typical journeys a tad better).

Personally, I’d opt for the GTS on the basis of residual and take the gamble.

It’s a nice quandary … and surely if pressed for another 5k of deposit this wouldn’t be a deal breaker 🙏🏻

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
The residual on the GTS alone would cover the extra £5,000 outlay, so it's effectively the same "cost" as the 4S.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
And the deposit for a GTS should only be £5k I believe.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

If I had been buying an ST I might have gone for the GTS but, as I wanted a CT, the 4S suited me fine as you can't get a CT GTS. I then added my options and the cost rose just as you have found. I stuck with the 4S rather than jump to the Turbo as the residual value is not a major concern for me and, most importantly, I wanted a car specc'd to meet my requirement/enjoyment not the next person's (we all think differently and there's no right or wrong imho ;) ).

In answer to your question, if the residual value matters enough and/or the GTS is going to give you more enjoyment (ride characteristics etc) then it's hard to disagree it's the more sensible choice. I don't know your projected delivery time for the 4S but do check how much longer you might have to wait for a GTS if that's a consideration.

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag

Hi. I moved from 4S to GTS in December 2021. I’m also with Chester. My new car arrived earlier this month (still waiting to collect as heating issues!).

The deposit is the same….what might be more of an issue is where you go on the list compared to 4S.
But as others have said, 100% go GTS. Residuals are far stronger.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
We originally specced a 4S with a similar amount in options. When the GTS was announce, we made the switch as it made much more sense. A good number of the options we specced came standard on the GTS.

Zero regrets, it’s a great car and a little bit more unique if you go with the GTS options.
Speak to your SA and see what the wait situation is, as that might be the deal breaker.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

If a stiffer suspension fits your driving style and road conditions where you live, go for the GTS.

tropical

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3 m40i
Country flag
Hello. Long time lurker, first post here.

I'm also looking at 4S / GTS / Turbo. One factor to consider is that the GTS has the worst lead times. Porsche Silverstone projected 2nd half 2024 if I order now.

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (for sale), Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve just moved from a couple of 4S (saloon & CT) to a GTS ST. All of which were from Chester coincidentally.

Having only owned the GTS for a little over a week I’d say it does feel more special, and I’m yet to see another on the road.

Externally the GTS side skirts make a nice touch, as are the exclusive RS Spyder wheels.

Internally we swapped out the alcantara seats and steering wheel for the leather option, but the alcantara headlining remains and is a massive step up over the standard finish.

Some further thoughts in here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...nsion-height-other-factors-to-consider.13583/

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
Well, just put in for a GTS allocation as well, and see what comes through first...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Well, just put in for a GTS allocation as well, and see what comes through first...
Good idea!
It isn’t the extra ground clearance of the CT that gives the superior ride, it is 20mm more bump travel.
I haven’t had an opportunity to directly compare ride of ST GTS with CT 4S though, basic suspension dynamics means the CT can be better, whether it is something that would bother you in day to day use depends on the roads round you and your use.

I was looking for a comfortable quiet estate car with a good turn of speed when wanted and the Taycan CT is better for those requirements than I expected!

I have a 2 seater soft top with rorty engine for fun and the GTS probably won’t even get half way to that for noise or handling ;) whatever its suspension and faux sound settings are.

Reactions: B61

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello. Long time lurker, first post here.

I'm also looking at 4S / GTS / Turbo. One factor to consider is that the GTS has the worst lead times. Porsche Silverstone projected 2nd half 2024 if I order now.
Op should definitely keep this in mind. I ended up going with a turbo s partially because there were 15 unallocated GTS orders ahead of me and the dealer told me not to bother because they typically only get 1-2 allocations a quarter. The first in line for the turbo s ended up giving up their slot, so I snatched that up.

If your patient, maybe consider it, but unless people are cancelling their orders en mass, you could be waiting a very long time.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Op should definitely keep this in mind. I ended up going with a turbo s partially because there were 15 unallocated GTS orders ahead of me and the dealer told me not to bother because they typically only get 1-2 allocations a quarter. The first in line for the turbo s ended up giving up their slot, so I snatched that up.

If your patient, maybe consider it, but unless people are cancelling their orders en mass, you could be waiting a very long time.
There's people in this forum who were told they were 12th on the list, having put a deposit down in Feb, and have this month got their GTS allocation - and for an ST that has the longest wait times.

There is no logic to it.

We have to wonder if it's Camelot and not Porsche that issue allocations. All we then have to work out is whether the lucky allocation was picked from machine Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, Merlin, Vyvyan, or Galahad.
Sponsored