OP

Tim123

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The guys from https://www.youtube.com/user/fevvideo set this one as private or took it down :(
But you´re not missing too much.. The "Teaser Picture" of this thread is showing most important part of the video.
What might also be interesting is, that the Battery Pack can be easily removed from the vehicle.
On the bottom of the Battery Pack were the cooling channels. The direction of flow was from the passenger side to the drivers side (or other way around..)

Porsche Taycan Taycan Battery Pack Teardown Screen-Shot-2021-06-24-at-1.40.59-PM-1024x515

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
This video is back up. Obviously this tear down doesn't go into the level of detail of the chips used in the BMS and other systems, but the added (?) range of the new GTS has me wondering what advancements they’ve made, if any, with the same size pack.

Liam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4, boxster s
Country flag
Nice. If I saw correctly, the cooling channels are narrow in the Z direction (to minimize height). It wouldn't take much of a bump (causing a dent in the skid plate) to impede flow through one of those channels.
I have a car that on preinspection delivery had damage to the skid plate on both sides in front of the footwell. The tolerance for deformation is only 3mm and on mine was 4mm . It is being dismantled for inspection at moment

Liam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4, boxster s
Country flag
I have a car that on preinspection delivery had damage to the skid plate on both sides in front of the footwell. The tolerance for deformation is only 3mm and on mine was 4mm . It is being dismantled for inspection at moment
The proximity to the cooling channels is clearly my concern . The cause of the damage is not known at this stage
Sponsored