German77

First Name
German
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Problems with the camera started, it is activated for a second, followed by a white screen. What could be?
Porsche Taycan Taycan camera problem 20211001_173818
Porsche Taycan Taycan camera problem 20211001_173837

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I had exactly this problem a few days ago. I turned off the car, got out, locked the doors, went inside the house, put the keys away, and stayed away for ~30 minutes. When I went back, everything was working again.

A few days later, while backing out of the garage, suddenly the cameras and PDC sensors all shut off and I got two alerts on the dash about malfunctions. I believe I just put the car in park and then back in reverse and everything came right back on.

Edit: No idea if this is the problem, but when I got the "white screen of death" I believed it was because I turned the cameras on too fast. I had been sitting in the car with it off for some reason -- I forget why -- and so everything was still booting up when I turned the cameras on. And the second incident was immediately after I had just installed a front license plate holder. So it's possible that the errors were in response to things I did, and they may not have been related to each other.

OP
OP

German77

First Name
German
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had exactly this problem a few days ago. I turned off the car, got out, locked the doors, went inside the house, put the keys away, and stayed away for ~30 minutes. When I went back, everything was working again.

A few days later, while backing out of the garage, suddenly the cameras and PDC sensors all shut off and I got two alerts on the dash about malfunctions. I believe I just put the car in park and then back in reverse and everything came right back on.

Edit: No idea if this is the problem, but when I got the "white screen of death" I believed it was because I turned the cameras on too fast. I had been sitting in the car with it off for some reason -- I forget why -- and so everything was still booting up when I turned the cameras on. And the second incident was immediately after I had just installed a front license plate holder. So it's possible that the errors were in response to things I did, and they may not have been related to each other.
I hope tomorrow will be ok)
Front license was instaled month ago.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I've had the white screen before, goes away after locking and unlocking the car.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
what could it be?
More, ongoing software issues further reinforcing the need to completely build the software from scratch.....from the bottom up.
We did not see these new issues in the beginning, which leads me to believe that other updates have caused unintended consequences down-stream of the fix. Until there is a whole new OS built, I fear that we will continue to see new anomalies as other, older issues go away.
time will tell, but that is my $0.02
Sponsored