Taycan campaign updates

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I thought it might be useful to have a single place where everyone who can identify a particular campaign with title and number add it here.

Thanks to all

Chuck J
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
WLG2 - Updating Software for Various Control Units
Software Release VR8.7

Date: 2020-07-29

Affected Vehicles
There are 2,387 vehicles affected by this campaign.

Updated Versions:
High-voltage power electronics, front and rear 0007
Control unit for high-voltage charger (OBC) 1079
High-voltage battery control unit (BMCe) E870
HV voltage converter 0899
Brake booster (electric brake booster) 0100
High-voltage DC charger (booster) 0990
Engine electronics (DME) 0005
Brake electronics (PSM) 0094
Driver’s seat and passenger’s seat adjustment 0064
Assistance systems (zFAS) 0355

Software Updates VR8.6 & VR8.7(marked below with *):

Navigation and infotainment: Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
- Quick Filter "Charging stations" is permanently visible in the PCM in order to select charging stations as a destination
- Last destinations and favorites, such as "Home" and "Work", remain stored
- Saved satellite map settings are optimized
- Registration via Porsche ID is improved

Assistance systems
- The functionality of Park Distance Control (PDC) is optimized and sporadic system failures that currently occur are corrected. *

Charging
- A new charging cable with a cable length of 7.5 meter can also be used in the future
- The charge state calculation is optimized and thus any limited system shutdowns are avoided.
- At-home charging is improved. Any premature disruption of the charging process is prevented *
- The calculation of the battery capacity is optimized further *

Air conditioning
- The functionality of the air conditioning is optimized: Temperature settings in the rear air-conditioning control panel thus remain constant and sporadic failures of the air conditioning are corrected

Chassis and driving comfort
- The starting comfort at full acceleration is optimized
- Possible chassis noises from the front axle area are reduced
- The lift function is improved. The set vehicle height is not lost after a restart *
- Software optimizations improve the functionality of the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) when driving downhill or during stop-and-go driving *

Digital cockpit display (instrument cluster)
- Various soware optimizations prevent the sporadic, short-lived display of various messages and thus improve the driving experience *

Seat adjustment
- On vehicles in non-Connect markets, the chosen seat memory settings of the driver's seat will now also be preserved after the driving readiness is complete
- In future, when using a guest profile, seat and ergonomic positions will be stored and will not be lost after a restart.

Last edited:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
[ WLE3 ] Replacing Vehicle (12v) Electrical System Battery

Labor Time Units: 163

Information:
Due to a manufacturing error [in part 9J1-915-105-EY], there is a possibility that the internal current sensor for the 12-volt vehicle electrical system battery does not meet the required specifications on the affected vehicles.
As a result, the charge state will be calculated incorrectly and the 12-volt vehicle electrical system battery will then be totally discharged when the vehicle is parked for extended periods without an external power supply.

Part Number:
V04015001BA. 12-volt vehicle electrical system battery. qty: 1
PAF106826. Cheese head bolt, M8 x 50. qty:4

Vehicles affected: 578 in North America

Last edited:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
[ WLD0 ] Replacing the High Voltage line between the HV distributor and the E-box

Workshop Time Units: 957

Information:
It is possible that the Single Wire seal in the connector housing of the high voltage line between the high-voltage distributor and the e-box was installed incorrectly on the affected vehicles. This can result in a conductive medium entering the connector housing in some cases.
Vehicles affected: 591

Last edited:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
[ Number? ] Replacement of seat belt receivers

(more details as I get them)

Last edited:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Note: Many of the newer cars will already have these Campaigns done to them, either at the factory, at Port, or at the dealership before delivery. Those of us with very early cars will have the "most fun" and spend the most time with out cars in the shop.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Note: Many of the newer cars will already have these Campaigns done to them, either at the factory, at Port, or at the dealership before delivery. Those of us with very early cars will have the "most fun" and spend the most time with out cars in the shop.
Prior to picking up my 4S today I verified that all the latest WLG2 software updates had been completed. They also said that it had an updated 12V battery. Hope that’s true!

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this list up to date? In particular, is the old WLG2 software campaign the latest software update for MY20?

@louv predicted something was supposed to happen last month - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...date-for-taycan-week-of-november-9-2020.2183/

@awharton had confirmation that MY20 is to be upgraded to MY21 - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/do-you-have-all-the-buttons-on-the-app.2852/post-39235

@Arno mentioned spring 2021 for a software update - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uld-i-be-about-this-12v-issue.3197/post-44057

If anyone has any further campaigns that have been rolled out, please share!

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
My car was at the dealership recently. The service advisor confirmed that no additional software updates for my MY20 beyond WLG2. My Taycan did not require a new 12v battery, and I have not had any issues with the battery. While at the dealer, they did check for the drainage issue.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
If it's any help, I had my car at the dealer at the end of November, and armed with the helpful information from this site, I asked them to check for any campaigns due on my car. This is a Taycan 4S built in March 2020 and delivered to the UK.

WLE3 relating to the 12v battery. They said this wasn't relevant.

WLD0 relating to the high voltage cable. They said a campaign WLB0 had been completed on the car in June 2020 so that looks to have been a typo on my part.

WLF2 relating to seat belt receivers. They said this wasn't relevant.

WLH5 relating to a drain plug adjustment. They said this was relevant and carried out the work.

WLG6 relating to improvements for home charging. They said this was relevant and carried out the work. They noted that various control unit software updates were also carried out.

They said replacement of the 12v battery 9J1 915 105 EY with V04 015 001 BA wasn't relevant.

There is a section at the rear of the maintenance book for recalls/campaigns, and they stamped the booked showing these two campaigns had been completed.
Sponsored