gurjaujla

First Name
Gurjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Class 200
Country flag
Hi All my driver side door sill has a rubber tear on the seal. does anyone know if this rubber would be covered under warranty- only 11 months old? If not does anyone know the part number and how much it would cost to replace?

Porsche Taycan Taycan CT4S Driver side rubber sill tear IMG_0054

Porsche Taycan Taycan CT4S Driver side rubber sill tear IMG_0055

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
My seal was sliced during transport but not as severe and visible as you have and detected at delivery. The dealer ordered a new one, cannot imagine it is too expensive, but I am deferring replacement since trim needs to be pulled to replace it, which is not an extensive procedure, but I choose to wait before any factory trim fit is disrupted. This specific trim seems to be not very sturdy as it is so easy to damage during getting in and out of the car with a sharp edged shoe.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Doubtful….likely to fall under the exception of wear and tear (in a literal sense).

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
superglue

(You're the only person who will notice it)

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
My dealer quoted me $1,196 to replace the door seal. I opted not to do it as a new one will likely tear in the same manner. I'll wait until it gets worse before replacing it, but it really bothers me. I think that it is a design flaw, there needs to be some way to protect it from wear.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Use rubber cement, it remains flexible, whereas super glue will not. Apply the rubber cement to both surfaces, let it dry for a few minutes, then press the two surfaces together. If you do this the tear will all but disappear.

And…try to avoid dragging your feet over the seal. The abrasion next to the tear is about to become a far bigger problem if it gets more beat up.

OP
OP

gurjaujla

First Name
Gurjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Class 200
Country flag
Hi All my driver side door sill has a rubber tear on the seal. does anyone know if this rubber would be covered under warranty- only 11 months old? If not does anyone know the part number and how much it would cost to replace?

Just an update went to my local dealer and they quoted £130 plus VAT for the part and free installation. So will get it done. I did see the part available on the internet for £90 without fitting but not brave enough to do it myself.

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg