W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Understood….I turn Recuperation on every time I get in the car, and when you hold the button another second or two, it goes into the auto recuperation mode, as opposed to the other two options of ”On” and “Off”. My issue is once I turn it on to begin a short drive, it’s guaranteed to throw a message in the right tube that says Adaptive Recuperation Not Available and it turns it off altogether. Strangely, I can turn it back on moments after the message appears and it will stay on, sometimes for the duration of the drive, other times, it shuts off again. It just doesn’t seem like it’s working properly….
Yeah that's normal and auto only works under certain conditions - not in bright sunlight and if there is no vehicle in front to follow - reliant on the windscreen camera.

For a fuller description read the Porsche Good To Know App.

Manual is better and if you'are in Sport / Sport Plus mode regeneration is always active and progressively more aggressive.

Braking recup is more efficient overall rather than the overrun recuperation that you are discussing.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
It happens in all states of charge…but particularly when going over rail roads or speed bumps, it’s almost guaranteed. I’m going to take the vehicle down to 5-10% state of charge in the coming week or two to see if it helps.
I run with auto-regen on basically all of the time. I don't recall it ever turning off during a drive when I didn't disable it myself. I'd get it looked at again by a different dealer if possible.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I run with auto-regen on basically all of the time. I don't recall it ever turning off during a drive when I didn't disable it myself. I'd get it looked at again by a different dealer if possible.
Do you use Sport or Sport Plus drive mode frequently?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't have sport plus since I have a CT4. I'm either in normal or sport mode... I'd say it's an 80/20 split respectively. In sport mode it turns on regen by default but I always change it to the auto-regen mode right away.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't have sport plus since I have a CT4. I'm either in normal or sport mode... I'd say it's an 80/20 split respectively. In sport mode it turns on regen by default but I always change it to the auto-regen mode right away.
When in Sport auto recuperation (not regeneration) is not available unless you change the PSM setting to not be Sport.

Could be you have ideal conditions for the system to work but for most this is not necessarily the case.

Mine will disable if the vehicle in front is no longer detected and as I don't tail gate this happens frequently unless in slow moving traffic.

In any case there OP doesn't have a fault fix as they are experiencing normal operating behaviour.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Dash Question Screenshot_20220626-224247_Porsche Good to know

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When in Sport auto recuperation (not regeneration) is not available unless you change the PSM setting to not be Sport.

Could be you have ideal conditions for the system to work but for most this is not necessarily the case.

Mine will disable if the vehicle in front is no longer detected and as I don't tail gate this happens frequently unless in slow moving traffic.

In any case there OP doesn't have a fault fix as they are experiencing normal operating behaviour.

Screenshot_20220626-224247_Porsche Good to know.jpg
Well I appreciate the correction on the terminology, I’ll try to use the proper term from here on out. I need to ask for clarification to see if we’re talking about different things. I went out to my car to test and here is a picture of what I’m talking about. My car shows that it’s in sport mode and auto recuperation is turned on. At least, that’s what it looks like to me. To get into this state I selected sport from the PSM and then long pressed the recuperation button on the steering wheel.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Dash Question B1C96D66-1170-45E5-BD7B-548FA806A008

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yeah that's normal and auto only works under certain conditions - not in bright sunlight and if there is no vehicle in front to follow - reliant on the windscreen camera.

For a fuller description read the Porsche Good To Know App.

Manual is better and if you'are in Sport / Sport Plus mode regeneration is always active and progressively more aggressive.

Braking recup is more efficient overall rather than the overrun recuperation that you are discussing.
Thank you, I guess that is what the dealer was describing, although they never discussed bright daylight cause, that is definitely in play with my daily driving. I’ll just leave it off then…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Well I appreciate the correction on the terminology, I’ll try to use the proper term from here on out. I need to ask for clarification to see if we’re talking about different things. I went out to my car to test and here is a picture of what I’m talking about. My car shows that it’s in sport mode and auto recuperation is turned on. At least, that’s what it looks like to me. To get into this state I selected sport from the PSM and then long pressed the recuperation button on the steering wheel.

B1C96D66-1170-45E5-BD7B-548FA806A008.jpeg
This is correct but note that when Drive Mode 'Sport' is selected then PSM setting Sport is auto selected for you by default (you can then select a further 2 PSM modes 'Sport Plus' or 'Normal'. If you leave Drive Mode on 'Normal' and then select PSM mode 'Sport' you can't set Auto Recuperation to 'On'.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Dash Question Screenshot_20220627-063658_Porsche Good to know

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you, I guess that is what the dealer was describing, although they never discussed bright daylight cause, that is definitely in play with my daily driving. I’ll just leave it off then…
I would suggest to use the 'on' setting rather than not use it at all if you want to recover some energy / charge when you take your foot off the throttle and don't brake much. When in traffic then revert to 'Auto' but don't rely on this to stop the car.

In general the amount of recuperation is less than what you get from braking (always) and there is a tradeoff between recuperation and coasting as you may find you use more battery by recuperating than if you coasted and used the brakes.

Bright sunlight can cause reflections making it difficult for the car to 'lock on' to vehicles in front and so the 'Auto' mode can easily disable itself.
Sponsored