Taycan GTS ST Color

Exterior Color: Ice Grey or Neptune Blue?

• Total voters

bills742

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GT3, '22 Spyder, '22 Macan GTS, '21 M2C
Country flag
Hi All,

I received an allocation for a July '23 build GTS ST. I know, I know, color is a personal preference; however, I'd still like to gather opinions for the exterior out of curiosity. I'm sticking with the standard brakes with the red calipers and will do the GTS interior in Carmine red. I'll likely do the SportDesign package in CF and the CF mirrors. I'm debating between Ice Grey and Neptune.

Thanks!

Edit: Even though the poll went slightly in favor of Ice Grey, I decided to go Neptune. I did change to black calipers and chalk stitching though. Thanks for voting!

Winner (for me):

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS ST Color Neptun black caliper white stitch.JPG

Runner ups:

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS ST Color Neptune Blue.JPG
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS ST Color Ice Grey.JPG

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
In that combo, I vote Ice Grey. But Neptune Blue is a sick color in person, and even more so with the black accents on a gts. Can’t go wrong either way. 👍

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
The good news is that there is inventory for you to look at. Very limited when I was looking. I was all in on Cherry metallic until I saw it on a Panamera. Looked totally different than the sample panel in the dealer showroom. I took a leap of faith and selected Neptune Blue without ever seeing it in real life. Not a mistake. It's a different blue depending on the light, and it always looks great. You could have a completely different reaction so go online and see who has some inventory for you to look at. So I guess my vote is Neptune but I'm pretty sure we differ on the correct interior color. Having said that the Taycan does wear light colors very well. Find an Ice Grey and take a good long look. Oh, and once you lock your spec you can second guess yourself on a daily basis.

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Supra
Country flag
Between the two I think ice grey is more versatile and unique as a paint.

Most normal people will just think “silver” (not that it should matter) go with the color that looks best to you up close in person like others have said!

and congrats on the allocation! The dream right there

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Like others said, go with the color you like the best. Between allocation and finalizing build date I was set on Neptune as my 1st choice of color with ice grey and dolomite silver as backup. Didn't have cars in show room to look at. My SA showed a taycan which he said was Neptune, for some reason my wife and I weren't keen on it. While walking back saw a cherry metallic Targa heritage edition. Looked beautiful under light. So went with it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

I received an allocation for a July '23 build GTS ST. I know, I know, color is a personal preference; however, I'd still like to gather opinions for the exterior out of curiosity. I'm sticking with the standard brakes with the red calipers and will do the GTS interior in Carmine red. I'll likely do the SportDesign package in CF and the CF mirrors. I'm debating between Ice Grey and Neptune.

Thanks!

Neptune Blue.JPG
Ice Grey.JPG
TBH neither.

I went black on my GTS ST with black PSCB.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I am of course biassed to Neptune. I've seen both in the flesh and for me Ice Gray is just a little dull especially on overcast days whereas in my oppinion Neptune looks great in all light conditions.

Adasb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-golf
Country flag
I agonised over the same color choice. Went with Neptune, built and due in early June. The Ice Grey looks great but it would collect tar splatters from our asphalt roads (as has happened with previous white cars) and it might need more upkeep from that point of view. I have not seen the Neptune with my own eyes but confident it will look better between washes...

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Neither are bad choices to be honest.

Depends what you want. Silvers, greys, navy blues, blacks whilst perfectly handsome, all disappear in traffic. My last two cars were black and I wanted something bolder. Was a toss-up between Carmine and Neptune and I ended up with Neptune.

I feel like I’m driving an exotic super car from the reactions of other people. If you want to fly under the radar go for silver. If you want to stand out for the crowd go for Neptune.

Personally I’d go for the crayon GTS stitching with Neptune or the red stitching with silver.

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS ST Color 3E3457C6-45CC-4DF4-BA18-726002841A12

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Pale and/or bright colours look best particularly on the GTS with all the black trim.
Crayon/Chalk is the best😘
Frozenberry brave and spectacular.
Lego Batman black and dark grey you lose all the definition, contrast and detail.
Mamba and Neptune while not pale are super bright.
I could never bring myself to pay for Ice Grey. It’s silver at the end of the day and not worth the premium over Dolomite.
There is LOTS of talk on this forum about colours looking so different in different lights.
This is not mystic, imaginary, chameleon properties.
Just science.
All colours have multiple properties that make them look very different to our brains in different lights.

Hue,Chroma, Value, Saturation…..

I have nodded off more than once in lectures about different tooth restoration materials looking different under different lighting conditions
🥱 🥱 🥱

The truth is all colours look different in different lighting conditions.
Dolomite will look like Ice Grey sometimes. And vice versa.
Don’t kid yourself. Get the cheap one.
Same for black and white vs metallics.

My favourite would be someone buying a $10,000 PTS silver such as GT and assuring us that
it is so much better and/or different from Dolomite or Ice Grey.
Keep taking the tablets....

Last edited:

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I’ve gone for Ice Grey from my GTS ST, which should be collected in a couple of weeks. I was told it’s on the boat to Sheerness, personally they all look amazing and Neptune Blue is very eye catching.
Sponsored