A1B3RT

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Anyone has experience with Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance Gen1 winter tire here? Does it perform better than Pirelli Pzero Winter in snow?
Sponsored

jwarner

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan gts, taycan gts st
Country flag
Anyone has experience with Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance Gen1 winter tire here? Does it perform better than Pirelli Pzero Winter in snow?
I've never seen a comparison test, forum reports on Pirelli are very good, Goodyear has supply chain issues so I would avoid, getting a replacement might be a problem. For Toronto winters, either would be good unless you have a ridiculous driveway-in which case think about Nokians.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I don't have a GTS either, I think same as yours 4S CT and my dealer didn't said I wasn't allowed to buy because I don't have a GTS.
Have any friends with a GTS who could buy them for you?

A1B3RT

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've never seen a comparison test, forum reports on Pirelli are very good, Goodyear has supply chain issues so I would avoid, getting a replacement might be a problem. For Toronto winters, either would be good unless you have a ridiculous driveway-in which case think about Nokians.
My tire place also recommanded Nokians, but given I bought the tire/rim protection package, its better to stick with porsche certified tire for first few years. I had a friend who has Pirelli and he doesn't like their performance on snow. I'll try to do some more research before deciding.

bmcho

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo 4S
Country flag
2022 taycan 4S cross turismo. Got 20s taycan turbo aero oem with winter Pirelli sottos last winter for southern Ontario winter. Paid $7000 cdn. Looks good, performs good on snow. They are 20s compared to the summer CT 21s theoretically should get better range when assuming it’s under exact same temperature since smaller diameter. But I do feel the winters even with the smaller diameter was getting poorer range than the larger diameter 21s. My feeling is because the winters are stickier rubbers compound and have worse rolling resistance hence it’s getting worse range than the larger summers!

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - Winter wheels 061C4D8B-CC63-4CAB-8D0C-91859E442FB1

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
My tire place also recommanded Nokians, but given I bought the tire/rim protection package, its better to stick with porsche certified tire for first few years. I had a friend who has Pirelli and he doesn't like their performance on snow. I'll try to do some more research before deciding.
I went with the Pirelli Scorpion Winter (not NF0), and was really impressed with them last season. They perform very well at wet asphalt and in slush, and also on proper snow. On ice, they are probably a bit behind Nokian and Conti Viking Contact. The roads in my area are heavily salted, so wet performance and stability at highway speeds are important for me.

clayman

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Anyone interested in a set of 20" Taycan Turbo S Aero Design wheels, takeoffs from a GTS? PM me. Can sell wheels only, with Pirelli summer tires, or on new winter tires.

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Slightly at a tangent...but does anyone do anything particular ref protecting the rest of the car for winter use?

In the UK, the roads get covered in more salt than the Dead Sea. And few cars are impervious to it.

I'm not a cleaner/polisher really, but I'd like to try and keep this neat for at least this winter :)

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
i bought 21 inch vossen hf-5 as summer wheels and i’m going to use the 21 inch cross turismo porsche design wheels as winter with michelin winter tires
Same here...except Summers will be HF5 22 inch.
On the 21 inch CT rims I just put Pirelli Sottozero 3s with 315 behind en 275 in front.
Sponsored