First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I know, and I've not said otherwise.

My post is clarifying when these "normal" changes to available colours etc. will be happening. I'm not talking about the .2 refresh, which I know will be next year.
got it!
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Tell me about this center console lid? How can you improve that and the backup camera?
Console lid just need a soft close type mechanism or a different hinge so it keeps it open without having to hold it open. My plan is to come up with some type of foam solution. No issue like this in our Macan/Cayenne so it is possible. Same with the camera, have just a backup camera on Macan which is great, and then have Surround view on the Cayenne and no issue with the way that is implemented. The big difference is that Macan/Cayenne camera placements are higher from the ground, so they are tuned differently.

Shere

First Name
Seymour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS 2024
Country flag
Hello all,

Just joined the Taycan forum after seeing very informative content. Amazed 😀 and at the same time intimidated :whew:looking at the knowledge sharing. Got to admit that I am yet to become a Porsche owner and and my eyes are set on the Taycan GTS MY24 (once facelift is announced) as my first Porsche. Please shoot me down if I am aiming too high or in the right direction. Appreciate any advice please 🙏🏽
I just ordered my24 taycan gts for an estimated late august 2023 delivery. Can’t wait…

DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Console lid just need a soft close type mechanism or a different hinge so it keeps it open without having to hold it open. My plan is to come up with some type of foam solution. No issue like this in our Macan/Cayenne so it is possible. Same with the camera, have just a backup camera on Macan which is great, and then have Surround view on the Cayenne and no issue with the way that is implemented. The big difference is that Macan/Cayenne camera placements are higher from the ground, so they are tuned differently.
I think the center console should slide back towards the back seats. It currently is just a terrible design. If it slid back it would be way easier to get in and out of. Thoughts?

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
My SA has assured me that once the spec locked, then production is confirmed to that spec, even if production is subsequently delayed for whatever reason. It would still be a MY23 car even if it was built in July. So I'm expecting a Mamba car. Put it this way, production is in two weeks, so I'm not expectng a call now to say "you can't have Mamba, so pick a different colour".
Shame about Mamba Green being removed. I understand from people who have been on factory tours that changing paint colours happens very quickly. So this begs the question why the elimination of colours and no offering of other colours? Is this another Porsche ruse to fill bulging coffers by forcing buyers down the paint to sample route?

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I think the center console should slide back towards the back seats. It currently is just a terrible design. If it slid back it would be way easier to get in and out of. Thoughts?
The console cover design is universally accepted as terrible which makes you wonder how Porsche passed this for production in the first place. I’m thinking of a small gas strut to prop open the lid. Set on the passenger side so as not to interfere with access for the driver. It won’t solve the issue altogether, as you rightly point out the hinge still doesn’t allow the cover to open sufficiently.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
The latest seems to be:

• No facelift 2024, as car sells better than supply can deliver (Porsche still is not able to produce as many cars as could be sold, also they prioritize ICE over EV as margin there is higher)
  • Lost in translation: 2024 in Germany would mean car is announced in Fall 2024, delivered thereafter

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
My GTS delivery has been brought forward to ‘July/Aug‘ 23. Had a rush to lock options by May 16. Contract show MY24.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Tell me about this center console lid? How can you improve that and the backup camera?
Sorry about late reply, I have been away.

The lid behaves like this (half opened)
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS 1685393394588

and is hindering access to the compartment under it even when fully opened. It should have opened even further and stayed there, or been made altogether differently. Not quite a disaster, but really cumbersome.

To me the reversing camera images are of reasonably high resolution, but hard to interpret and to steer precisely after. Particularly the synthetic from-above view. People with the true surround view say it is even harder.
Sponsored