Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
For 2021, does anyone know the MRM for 4S w/ Performance Battery Plus ? I have a highly spec’d 4S, but the lease numbers seem absolutely crazy to me.

>>$20K out of pocket and the $7500 federal rebate is in there.
Selling price $142,332.30

$1,956 X 39 months @ 7,500 miles per year
$1,990 X 39 months @ 10,000 Mike’s per year

I think residual is 52%. But when I calculate, the car is costing me $40k more if i lease. How does it even make sense ?

my is a 2022, but I still wanted to see what the 2021 numbers were and what I should expect
Whats the MF? The dealers love to bump them up really high.

4s MRM is $129k. That $20k is most likely part of being over the MRM

Is there a reason for doing a 39month term? Much better Residual on 36months.
36/7500 is a 55% residual.
36/10k is 54%
Sponsored

Last edited:

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Whats the MF? The dealers love to bump them up really high.

4s MRM is $129k. That $20k is most likely part of being over the MRM

Is there a reason for doing a 39month term? Much better Residual on 36months.
36/7500 is a 55% residual.
36/10k is 54%
I don't know how to work out the MF :( but it seems crazy high. Thank you for the numbers. I'm thinking if it would make more sense to switch to a turbo. The turbo with the same specs would be $178. Do you know the MRM and RV on a turbo ?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know how to work out the MF :( but it seems crazy high. Thank you for the numbers. I'm thinking if it would make more sense to switch to a turbo. The turbo with the same specs would be $178. Do you know the MRM and RV on a turbo ?
MF means money factor or interest rate.
The base rare from Porsche Financial is 4.8% which is already high, but I'm sure the dealer is marking it up to over 7%.

Turbo is even worse. 49% residual for 36/10k miles. MRM for the turbo is $183,400

3 factors for a lease are MF, price, Residual value.
Taycan doesn't have the best residuals ,it has high rates(MF) so the leases are terrible.

Your best case on that Turbo for $178k will be $3200 a month, that's if the dealer doesn't make up the rate (MF).

On your original 4s with 36/10k, I come up with $1999 month with $15k up out of pocket.
This is without the dealer marking up the MF.
Try negotiating the rate with your dealer to .0020 (4.8%)
You are responsible to pay up front for anything over the MRM of $129k which is $13,330. This is probably over optioning the car

PS to calculate the rate take the money factor and multiply it by x 2400 to get your rate.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
MF means money factor or interest rate.
The base rare from Porsche Financial is 4.8% which is already high, but I'm sure the dealer is marking it up to over 7%.

Turbo is even worse. 49% residual for 36/10k miles. MRM for the turbo is $183,400

3 factors for a lease are MF, price, Residual value.
Taycan doesn't have the best residuals ,it has high rates(MF) so the leases are terrible.

Your best case on that Turbo for $178k will be $3200 a month, that's if the dealer doesn't make up the rate (MF).

On your original 4s with 36/10k, I come up with $1999 month with $15k up out of pocket.
This is without the dealer marking up the MF.
Try negotiating the rate with your dealer to .0020 (4.8%)
You are responsible to pay up front for anything over the MRM of $129k which is $13,330. This is probably over optioning the car

PS to calculate the rate take the money factor and multiply it by x 2400 to get your rate.
This is great help. Thank you ! So yes, turbo doesn't make sense then.
When calculating the amount I have to pay up front (MSRP-MRM), would I include the 7,500 fed rebate ?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is great help. Thank you ! So yes, turbo doesn't make sense then.
When calculating the amount I have to pay up front (MSRP-MRM), would I include the 7,500 fed rebate ?
No, $7500 goes towards capital reduction off the $129k.
Porsche Financial won't take the risk of going over the MRM because they know the wholesale market won't pay for options.

I'm looking at a Turbo with with $184,600 MSRP so I would have to come up with a little over $1k up front which isn't bad.

fuzzyfuzz

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Benz
Country flag
Hi all,
First time posting here and new to leasing so any input greatly appreciated. Been looking for a base Taycan for a month in So Cal and every dealer I talked to has said their allocations are full and delivery will be April/May for a custom build. They are all saying earlier in the year it was easy to find one but now its nearly impossible. One had a slot cancellation so here's what he is quoting for my build. Sounds pretty bonkers for lease on a base Taycan.

2022 Taycan 104k MSRP, 10K markup (but with 7500 fed credit), .0025 MF, 10K Miles, 36 Months, $54,484 Residual, $2,013/month including taxes.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all,
First time posting here and new to leasing so any input greatly appreciated. Been looking for a base Taycan for a month in So Cal and every dealer I talked to has said their allocations are full and delivery will be April/May for a custom build. They are all saying earlier in the year it was easy to find one but now its nearly impossible. One had a slot cancellation so here's what he is quoting for my build. Sounds pretty bonkers for lease on a base Taycan.

2022 Taycan 104k MSRP, 10K markup (but with 7500 fed credit), .0025 MF, 10K Miles, 36 Months, $54,484 Residual, $2,013/month including taxes.
Believe it or not that's a pretty great lease offer for a Taycan, probably the best I've seen. Porsche leases are utterly absurd.

Unfortunately the dealership is not pulling your leg on that one, the Taycan has an enormous backlog and as you've experienced many dealerships are including up to a $10k markup, which is absurd.

So in short.. it just depends how much you want the car. The lease offer is the best I'd see you getting for a Taycan but I'd never pay a $10k markup. I'd also never lease a Taycan because it's just worse than purchasing, but to each their own.

Last edited:

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

Porsche leases are garbage and you’d be best to avoid them, unless you have a tax reason (business tax or lease stipend) to lease a Taycan from PFC. A .0025 money factor is essentially a 6% rate. I was quoted Porsche’s MF of .002 last time I checked with a 52% MRM (10,000 miles/yr), at MSRP minus the tax credit. So not only is that dealer marking it up $10k, they are marking up the rate by 1.2%, and they aren’t residualizing the $10k markup. So that is money gone upfront.

By comparison, you could get a 60 month loan, at 2.74%, without a dollar down, your payment would be $2035/mo. and at the end of 36 months without any extra payments your payoff balance would be $47,500. There are arguments to be made for a lease vs loan, but I wouldn’t put $7000 of equity into that argument, but that’s just me.

And the way things are looking, come April/May, the Taycan likely won’t qualify for the tax credit.

If it were me, I wouldn’t walk away from that smoking deal, I’d run from it, it’s still a burning dumpster fire!