Taycan lease numbers

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I still don't quite know all the fine-print on why this is available for leased vehicles, but was another reason why I leased for the first time in my life. This and Moore's Law, got me thinking that flipping this by getting out of a lease and walking away will be much easier than 'selling' when Porsche's next model-upgrade/tech-upgrade comes out.
The temptation is there, to be sure, but for me, the lease numbers are just not even remotely compelling enough, even with the specials.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Am I correct in my understanding that the $7500 tax credit is subtracted directly from the MSRP when calculating lease numbers?
$ 7500 Tax credit goes towards cap reduction (off MSRP)

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
For my own knowledge, how do state/county sales taxes, registration charges etc figure into a lease calculation?

Also, 'Drive off price' includes the down payment + first month lease payment and something else?

OP
OP

ewright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS, M3
Country flag
I just heard back from a dealer stating that they have no more 2021 Taycan allocations, and that the MSRP for 2022 Taycan's is going up b $2500. Can anyone confirm that this information is accurate?

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Not sure why the residual isnt over 55%
Turbo with 36/12k is 48%

Aren't the Panameras residuals in the mid 60s?
It's accounting for the 7500 tax credit. The effective price of any taycan is at most MSRP-7500. But, the residual is based on a percentage of MSRP. That means the effective residual (taking into account the tax credit) is around ~5% more.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just heard back from a dealer stating that they have no more 2021 Taycan allocations, and that the MSRP for 2022 Taycan's is going up b $2500. Can anyone confirm that this information is accurate?
I believe it's true. The Taycan factory shuts down in Aug, so anything after Sep will be 2022.
The base model price has increased by almost $3k for 2022. Unless the new model adds a lot (I doubt), buying 2021 makes more sense IMO.

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
$2800 to be exact for the 2022 RWD model. For the 4s, there is no price increase.

Tazboy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G550, RR, Taycan
Country flag
In Maryland - taxed at 100% Sales price - all rolled in with complete Zero down.. 1589/mth 39/12k MSRP $105. Got the 7500 upfront

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For my own knowledge, how do state/county sales taxes, registration charges etc figure into a lease calculation?

Also, 'Drive off price' includes the down payment + first month lease payment and something else?

In California, you pay taxes only for the amount of lease payments i.e. the de-appreciation. If you assume that residual is 50%, then you pay taxes for half of the car's value. In my county the sales tax rate is 9% so I would pay about 4.5% tax for the car value. (this is just rough estimates without considering discounts etc).
This is the reason why the lease makes a lot of sense for my situation because saving half of the taxes (compared to buying the car) covers the lease interest rate and I don't plan to keep the car more than 2-3 years.
Drive off is down payment, first month payment, DMV fee, documentation fees and lease acquisition fee. In some cases you can roll some fees into the monthly payments.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
In California, you pay taxes only for the amount of lease payments i.e. the de-appreciation. If you assume that residual is 50%, then you pay taxes for half of the car's value. In my county the sales tax rate is 9% so I would pay about 4.5% tax for the car value. (this is just rough estimates without considering discounts etc).
This is the reason why the lease makes a lot of sense for my situation because saving half of the taxes (compared to buying the car) covers the lease interest rate and I don't plan to keep the car more than 2-3 years.
Drive off is down payment, first month payment, DMV fee, documentation fees and lease acquisition fee. In some cases you can roll some fees into the monthly payments.
Understood. Re Porsche's MRM, the actual MSRP amount for an Optioned car thats above said MRM is counted toward cash down or figures into the lease as well?

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
The temptation is there, to be sure, but for me, the lease numbers are just not even remotely compelling enough, even with the specials.
why don't you just consider buying it? keep it for 3 years and trade it for something else, if you like it, then keep it. The payments will still be arou
Appreciate everyone’s replies and advice, the quote I got was from Perimeter. I get that it’s a seller’s market, but $1900 a month for a 90k car is insane.

I’m realistic and understand that there aren’t great discounts to be had in this market. I just hope to find a reasonable dealer that is willing to sell me the car at MSRP without marking up the money factor, which may be harder said than done with the current supply/demand imbalance.
why don't you just consider buying it? keep it for 3 years and trade it for something else, if you like it, then keep it. The payments will still be around the same or less, depending on your financing terms.

1900 x 39 months is almost 75k. I bet if you finance it is for 72 or 84 months, your payments will be much smaller.

Just a thought.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
The key with the lease is the money factor aka interest rate for leases are typically double compared the cheapest financing deals which is why payments are so high. Plus most cars depreciate the most in the first 3 years so you pay all that depreciation up front as well as the highest interest. Only makes sense if you can get a good rate and write the depreciation payments off (in a business setting)

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Some dealers have a hard time revealing the MF because it's like 0.0032 or some crap. The argument being these cars are flying off the shelf etc. However if you tell them there's still several cars in the Porsche inventory search that have been sitting on lots for months esp with the 2022 orders being live, they'll come down closer to the buy rate.
Sponsored