Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore!

Peterp100

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
Who is dealer. They should have addressed all this before giving it to you!
Looks like I got a real lemon lol

No smart lift option in Settings->Vehicle->Smart Lift
No all wheel option

Yes my SOS is on red flashing!

Do you know if thats something that can be done OTA or must have a visit to dealer again?

PXL_20211220_011343453.MP.jpg

PXL_20211220_011347891.jpg

PXL_20211220_011421595.MP.jpg
I had similar issues at deliver
1. Red light on SOS button blinking
2. Unable to login to Porsche ID
3. No settings saved when parking and starting the car
4. lots of other random issues

The dealer told me it was still in "Transport" mode and should not have been delivered in that state. They told me it would take 3 days at the dealership to correct !!! I brought it in and the tech fixed it in under an hour. When I say fixed.

1. SOS button is now a solid green
2. I can login to my Porsche ID
3. Everything seems to work

However, I now experienced the car alarm issue. I wrote another post on how I eventually fixed this as my experience driving the car for two weeks in the "Transport" mode made me think this just has to do with the porsche connected service called "Alarm". I disabled this porsche connect service in the car and have not had an alarm issue since.

Good luck. I actually enjoyed the car just as much in the "Transport" mode as I do now with all the technology working.

Thank you,

-Peter

Chamo74

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Picked up my 2022 4S only on Friday. Love the drive, the mechanics and interior but damn there are a lot pf software bugs. If anyone knows any quick fixes please let me know.

1. Could not register my profile with Porsche Connect. The dealer did send me the activation link and I had set up everything including the pin code. VIN was also automatically associated with my account but still no dice. The tech who did the delivery tried several times and it kept saying "registration not available".

I've tried resetting the PCM with no avail, will leave it for a few more days but sounds like I need to take a brand new car back to dealer.

2. Automatic headlights on all the time. Regardless of time of day. Full lights on, including interior. GPS also in constant "Dark mode" as a result. Today it was full sun, I had to wear sunglasses and still lights on constantly.

3. TPMS displays pressure in Bar only. Can't figure out how to change this. My door sticker unit is Kpa and Psi so displaying Bar to me is little help unless I get out my phone for a manual conversion. Hopefully this is just a setting I need to change, does anyone know?

4. No Smartlift. Watched several youtube videos on smart lift feature in settings -> car. I don't have that option for some reason. Now I have to manually raise the car everytime I enter my parakde.

5. No torque split display. My left instrument cluster panel only shows assitance, traffic signs, G force and tire info. No torque split which I have seen in other taycans. Is this a feature thats missing from 2022? Or do I need to turn it on some how?

Hopefully some of these are just owner ignorance? Any help is appreciated! Still love the car and happy with my choice but I am a little disappointed to say the least.

PXL_20211219_225036840.jpg
Be ready you’ll find more…
Unfortunately
However in my opinion the rest of the car and all it can do and how it drives easily makes up for this. Best of luck

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

The dealer told me it was still in "Transport" mode and should not have been delivered in that state. They told me it would take 3 days at the dealership to correct !!! I brought it in and the tech fixed it in under an hour. When I say fixed.

However, I now experienced the car alarm issue. I wrote another post on how I eventually fixed this as my experience driving the car for two weeks in the "Transport" mode made me think this just has to do with the porsche connected service called "Alarm". I disabled this porsche connect service in the car and have not had an alarm issue since.

Good luck. I actually enjoyed the car just as much in the "Transport" mode as I do now with all the technology working.

Thank you,

-Peter
That all makes sense now. I would report the Dealer to Porsche as these guys are literally cowboys if indeed the car was still in Transport mode.. shocking.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
This has been at the back of my mind.
I have never had a car that I need to log into and never had a car needing any sort of software update.
If it is anything like my DJI drone it will really annoy and frustrate me, I would rather have nothing to do with any of that and just drive it :(

I was going to just stay "guest" forever and forget about the other bollox.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This has been at the back of my mind.
I have never had a car that I need to log into and never had a car needing any sort of software update.
If it is anything like my DJI drone it will really annoy and frustrate me, I would rather have nothing to do with any of that and just drive it :(

I was going to just stay "guest" forever and forget about the other bollox.
Log in once and forget about it - never a need to logout. Additionally you can auto login.

You can stay as Guest but your enjoyment would suffer (a lot)!

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag

Thank you,

-Peter
Can you give me the link again of how you solved this issue? But I remember hearing others used your solution and they still had alarm issues.

Does anyone else have their map stuck in night mode?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you give me the link again of how you solved this issue? But I remember hearing others used your solution and they still had alarm issues.

Does anyone else have their map stuck in night mode?
Try using your 2nd key with or without a different Porsche ID - this might kick start things for you.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Log in once and forget about it - never a need to logout. Additionally you can auto login.

You can stay as Guest but your enjoyment would suffer (a lot)!
You mean " forget about it" until the car decides to randomly log you out.
Then you better figure out how to log yourself back in...

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
Picked up my 2022 4S only on Friday. Love the drive, the mechanics and interior but damn there are a lot pf software bugs. If anyone knows any quick fixes please let me know.

1. Could not register my profile with Porsche Connect. The dealer did send me the activation link and I had set up everything including the pin code. VIN was also automatically associated with my account but still no dice. The tech who did the delivery tried several times and it kept saying "registration not available".

I've tried resetting the PCM with no avail, will leave it for a few more days but sounds like I need to take a brand new car back to dealer.

2. Automatic headlights on all the time. Regardless of time of day. Full lights on, including interior. GPS also in constant "Dark mode" as a result. Today it was full sun, I had to wear sunglasses and still lights on constantly.

3. TPMS displays pressure in Bar only. Can't figure out how to change this. My door sticker unit is Kpa and Psi so displaying Bar to me is little help unless I get out my phone for a manual conversion. Hopefully this is just a setting I need to change, does anyone know?

4. No Smartlift. Watched several youtube videos on smart lift feature in settings -> car. I don't have that option for some reason. Now I have to manually raise the car everytime I enter my parakde.

5. No torque split display. My left instrument cluster panel only shows assitance, traffic signs, G force and tire info. No torque split which I have seen in other taycans. Is this a feature thats missing from 2022? Or do I need to turn it on some how?

Hopefully some of these are just owner ignorance? Any help is appreciated! Still love the car and happy with my choice but I am a little disappointed to say the least.

PXL_20211219_225036840.jpg
expect many more software problems

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
My maps auto day/night worked today. Maybe I'm paying too much attention to every single minor thing. But smart lift still doesn't show up. Emailed the dealership.

OP
OP
Jayyvr890

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My maps auto day/night worked today. Maybe I'm paying too much attention to every single minor thing. But smart lift still doesn't show up. Emailed the dealership.
Can you let me know what they say. It's q very useful feature and I can't believe it's not available in Canada

JohnM2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I now have had my 2021 4S for 8 months and 6000 miles. The car is so buggy...no pun intended, that it is diminishing the joy of driving it...and it is a joy to drive. Today, I had two error messages I that popped up at different times. One was the "park assist is not working, get service" message which happens frequently and goes away when I restart. The other was new..."emergency brake assist not working...." or something to that effect. It also went away. For the past 3 weeks, every time I get in the car, I get a "Your Sirius XM subscription has changed"....I can't make this message disappear. Any suggestions? The display comes up in a different state from its last state, almost every time I start the car. Traffic info takes at least 5 minutes to show up on the map. Sometimes, the phone connects, sometimes it doesn't. Sunday, I got in the car and it told me that it did not detect a key...put it the key in its storage place??? I pulled the key out of my pocket...no luck. got the other key....no luck. Got in my wife's car and left the Taycan home. Glad I wasn't on the road somewhere and stuck. This car has too many bugs. It is not finished. Why they couldn't take what works well on other Porsche models and install on the Taycan, I can't understand. My hope is that by 2023, they will straighten this mess out. For Porsche, I consider this very poor engineering. Too bad....I love driving this car.

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I now have had my 2021 4S for 8 months and 6000 miles. The car is so buggy...no pun intended, that it is diminishing the joy of driving it...and it is a joy to drive. Today, I had two error messages I that popped up at different times. One was the "park assist is not working, get service" message which happens frequently and goes away when I restart. The other was new..."emergency brake assist not working...." or something to that effect. It also went away. For the past 3 weeks, every time I get in the car, I get a "Your Sirius XM subscription has changed"....I can't make this message disappear. Any suggestions? The display comes up in a different state from its last state, almost every time I start the car. Traffic info takes at least 5 minutes to show up on the map. Sometimes, the phone connects, sometimes it doesn't. Sunday, I got in the car and it told me that it did not detect a key...put it the key in its storage place??? I pulled the key out of my pocket...no luck. got the other key....no luck. Got in my wife's car and left the Taycan home. Glad I wasn't on the road somewhere and stuck. This car has too many bugs. It is not finished. Why they couldn't take what works well on other Porsche models and install on the Taycan, I can't understand. My hope is that by 2023, they will straighten this mess out. For Porsche, I consider this very poor engineering. Too bad....I love driving this car.
Totally agree - the worse part is porsche don’t give a s@@t. Also no journalist has written anything I’ve seen about the issues due to the paid advertising….IMO

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Crap - was hoping to hear that you car might not have this alarm issue - sounds like we can all expect this ongoing issue to persist into late builds, dang it! Re torque screen, any chance the CT 4 would have less digital options than a 4S/Turbo - seems extremely unlikely!
I have CT4 (MY21) and I have "torque screen"....
Sponsored