Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Came across this PCM simulator site for the taycan today:

https://your-digital-co-pilot.com/

Hope it helps those that haven't got their cars yet to have a look around at the potential settings or those trying to find options .
Cool!

...and you can scroll your music using your mouse wheel! Unlike the actual car...

KrisMc

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Ginetta G40r, VW T6
Country flag
Does it have a stutter option to simulate it not working like a few members?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Cool!

...and you can scroll your music using your mouse wheel! Unlike the actual car...
Actually if you set your right gage cluster to 'Media', you can scroll through songs/stations using the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel. For me, this is way more convenient than in my Panamera where I had the GTS wheel and had to use the stalk to scroll and select. You only need to use the touchscreen if you want to change media sources. It really works extremely well, since you can scroll through music with the right wheel and adjust volume with the left.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Actually if you set your right gage cluster to 'Media', you can scroll through songs/stations using the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel. For me, this is way more convenient than in my Panamera where I had the GTS wheel and had to use the stalk to scroll and select. You only need to use the touchscreen if you want to change media sources. It really works extremely well, since you can scroll through music with the right wheel and adjust volume with the left.
Although this doesn’t work in CarPlay.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Although this doesn’t work in CarPlay.
OK, I haven't tried CarPlay music. I used Tidal to burn all my music FLAC onto a 2Tb flash drive that's plugged into the console USB-c port. I need to use the touchscreen to pick a folder, but after that I can scroll through all the music in that folder.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is a maneuvering assist option under the assist menu that i haven’t seen anywhere. Is this new in MY21 cars? I have a MY20 Turbo.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

Hope it helps those that haven't got their cars yet to have a look around at the potential settings or those trying to find options .
From day 1 I have the automatic switch-on parking cameras checked.
Every time I have to uncheck it cuz it it's not saved.
Anyone familiar with this too?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Can I use it to scroll through the 270 folders on my USB device?

I see not... :(

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Don’t think I’ve seen the sport chrono button on my Home Screen. MY21.
has anyone tried to get from sport chrono any kind of useful feature? it doesn't seem to get GPS finish lines, nor does it connect with the track precision app. only the feature set of a mechanical stop watch.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
has anyone tried to get from sport chrono any kind of useful feature? it doesn't seem to get GPS finish lines, nor does it connect with the track precision app. only the feature set of a mechanical stop watch.
I saw this on the simulator and was intrigued. Sport Chrono (the software feature) in MY20 is useless on a track. It might be useful if you could retrieve the lap times later, as seems possible in the simulator. Interesting to see if this goes anywhere.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can I use it to scroll through the 270 folders on my USB device?

I see not... :(
OK, you may not have enough room (or time), but you COULD take all the songs in your 270 folders and copy them out to the drive so they are all in one big list...;)

MGJohnny

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 318i,BMW 420i, BMW 520i, Taycan 4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag

I tried the PCM simulation and found one interesting issue.
Any one experiences the wrong volume display in audio settings (as attached pictures)
I raise this issue is because I've heard some Taycan owners experiences the same "minus" volume issue in their car. I wonder it's a normal display or an error display. (My Taycan is to be delivered around May/21)

Thank you

Porsche Taycan Taycan PCM Simulator site link 截圖 2021-01-12 下午3.02.45

Porsche Taycan Taycan PCM Simulator site link 截圖 2021-01-12 下午3.03.00

Last edited: