Taycan price increased.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Perhaps the reason why Porsche is increasing prices now instead of around June is to deter people cancelling their MY23 orders and getting MY24...
that's a good thought actually..
Sponsored

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
Does anyone know when the price increase can be passed on by the dealer?
This is potentially the second increase since build locked in.
Is it until I receive vehicle or some cut off point in production?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Does anyone know when the price increase can be passed on by the dealer?
This is potentially the second increase since build locked in.
Is it until I receive vehicle or some cut off point in production?
I paid the price extant at the time my spec locked, so subsequent price increases (and changes to options in the meantime) didn't count. I still got my Vesuvius painted wheels, yipee!
I expect this is normal in the UK

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S On Order, Tesla M3P, A35 AMG
Country flag
Agreed, I was told the price is fixed from the point of locked specification in the UK.

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
We ordered in July 22 and the SA tipped us off to be quick about it, as there was a price increase for MY 23 of 3K the following week. Locked the order, car produced in Oct/Nov, delivered in December as MY 23 at contract price. No issues

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Should maybe add that our effective "price lock" was at contract signing, I was still able to modify spec. several times after this all up to production lock in October without any price adjustments (there was no price change on equipment, only base price)

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, BMW 435i convertible
Country flag
Hello! Thanks so much for the helpful information. Below are details for USA.

I had been in talks with a dealer for a while, and finally got to order with them. MSRP. On March 24th friday, gave a $2,500 non-refundable deposit, he showed me on his computer he had an allocation they want to send over by March 30th. The deposit paper that is signed indicates they ask for this because they give a fixed slot to us, and the dates may change my porsche, it's not in their hands, so they have to take a deposit with 0 contingencies. We put in a configuration, signed paperwork with price, sales tax, admin fees etc. however, wife had doubts about the interior color, so he said fine, sleep over it on the weekend and let's finalize on Monday, the sales advisor also replied to few questions on weekend to help through the doubts on colors, specs etc.

I still did give the deposit as well as the initial configuration. Then on Monday March 27th, we were after thinking over the weekend, finalized the interior color, and he gave me a new contract print out with the price, sales tax, admin paper work fees etc, and I signed that. I changed interior color, and added a few options - air pasm, rear climate control - this is for a RWD Taycan. All total around 121k with all options, tax, etc.

The next day on March 28th Tuesday, got the TYD email, I already had a porsche ID, so simply used that, and I could see my details there. I reviewed the specs in technical data, there is a commission number, and all specs are correct. It was at Status 1 - Your purchase order has been confirmed, the date shown was 2/5/23 (MM/DD/YY - usa format). The next status was Status 2 - You have reached the freeze point with a date of 3/30/23. Status 3 next - Manufacturing process of tayacn is starting soon - 4/17/23 and so on , mfg process complete on 5/17/23 all the way to status 11 - taycan has arrived at dealer on 6/17/23.

In meanwhile, I am now seeing these price updates on this forum. This seems to have happened on March 29th Wednesday. I also saw yesterday, I moved to Status 2 - you have reached the freeze point on 3/30/23 as was earlier shown when I first got my TYD email on Monday 3/27/23. All other dates are also same, and next stage is status 3 - manufacturing starting soon on 4/17/23.

They never pointed out contract fine print to me, and surely, as I read on this forum, I went and examined, and found a paragraph saying porsche reserves the right to change prices to dealer at any time, and if that happens, they can change the price to customer, in which case customer may cancel the agreement. However then there is the deposit they make you sign.

I am not sure what to make of all this now. It seems to me I am in the system with a MY23 allocation, and I should be ok. I can forsee if lot of delays and my car gets manfuactured after June, instead of April-May, then they may say its MY24. Even with that I don't think I can justify to my hard earned money, to put in 8k more just for MY24. Surely I do not have $8,000 just sitting to give extra with new price. MY24 supposed to have some changes, however the website shows exact same car - I don't see any facelift, new headlight options, interior changes. I am very confused. Maybe also they are done with all build slots for MY23 and anything new only they accept MY24, not sure.

This is a dream car and am going to pay with full cash. I am really nervous to even ask SA about this. He has not updated me on this by himself - so I am hoping I am ok.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm seeing ambient light is now standard in my configurator and there's new stuff too... What's a "sport" button that comes as standard now?

Oh and base price increased 4500€ here. My personal config increased 5300€ so some options must have become more expensive too.

$124k for a RWD. Way to go 🤣

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello! Thanks so much for the helpful information. Below are details for USA.

I had been in talks with a dealer for a while, and finally got to order with them. MSRP. On March 24th friday, gave a $2,500 non-refundable deposit, he showed me on his computer he had an allocation they want to send over by March 30th. The deposit paper that is signed indicates they ask for this because they give a fixed slot to us, and the dates may change my porsche, it's not in their hands, so they have to take a deposit with 0 contingencies. We put in a configuration, signed paperwork with price, sales tax, admin fees etc. however, wife had doubts about the interior color, so he said fine, sleep over it on the weekend and let's finalize on Monday, the sales advisor also replied to few questions on weekend to help through the doubts on colors, specs etc.

I still did give the deposit as well as the initial configuration. Then on Monday March 27th, we were after thinking over the weekend, finalized the interior color, and he gave me a new contract print out with the price, sales tax, admin paper work fees etc, and I signed that. I changed interior color, and added a few options - air pasm, rear climate control - this is for a RWD Taycan. All total around 121k with all options, tax, etc.

The next day on March 28th Tuesday, got the TYD email, I already had a porsche ID, so simply used that, and I could see my details there. I reviewed the specs in technical data, there is a commission number, and all specs are correct. It was at Status 1 - Your purchase order has been confirmed, the date shown was 2/5/23 (MM/DD/YY - usa format). The next status was Status 2 - You have reached the freeze point with a date of 3/30/23. Status 3 next - Manufacturing process of tayacn is starting soon - 4/17/23 and so on , mfg process complete on 5/17/23 all the way to status 11 - taycan has arrived at dealer on 6/17/23.

In meanwhile, I am now seeing these price updates on this forum. This seems to have happened on March 29th Wednesday. I also saw yesterday, I moved to Status 2 - you have reached the freeze point on 3/30/23 as was earlier shown when I first got my TYD email on Monday 3/27/23. All other dates are also same, and next stage is status 3 - manufacturing starting soon on 4/17/23.

They never pointed out contract fine print to me, and surely, as I read on this forum, I went and examined, and found a paragraph saying porsche reserves the right to change prices to dealer at any time, and if that happens, they can change the price to customer, in which case customer may cancel the agreement. However then there is the deposit they make you sign.

I am not sure what to make of all this now. It seems to me I am in the system with a MY23 allocation, and I should be ok. I can forsee if lot of delays and my car gets manfuactured after June, instead of April-May, then they may say its MY24. Even with that I don't think I can justify to my hard earned money, to put in 8k more just for MY24. Surely I do not have $8,000 just sitting to give extra with new price. MY24 supposed to have some changes, however the website shows exact same car - I don't see any facelift, new headlight options, interior changes. I am very confused. Maybe also they are done with all build slots for MY23 and anything new only they accept MY24, not sure.

This is a dream car and am going to pay with full cash. I am really nervous to even ask SA about this. He has not updated me on this by himself - so I am hoping I am ok.
I don't think you have to worry. It appears at it was an open allocation (hence the quick lock) so it most certainly will be a MY23 and both sides should honor the contract (you and the dealer). If it becomes a MY24 then all bets are off because the the contract might not apply to different model year but on the other hand, your deposit also shouldn't apply to a different model Year.

ChrisLA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S CT
Country flag
Noticed that on the US site, they’re no longer showing range information. This could be seen as evidence the 2024s will see at least some improvements.

(Edit: Just realized the exact same 4S CT build that I look delivery of two weeks ago, minus the Mamba but substituting a different premium color, is now $15,000 more than I paid. That’s quite a price hike!)

Porsche Taycan Taycan price increased. C023E7F5-95BB-4818-85FB-5A1C466BE77E

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Don't be nervous.....it is what it is.

Run towards your worries, not away from them. Take control.

Taking action is always better than worrying. Even if it is bad news, you can then do something about it and move on.
✌

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
I spoke with my SA and he says all remaining MY23 allocations are assigned (at his dealership) meaning a commission number is assigned so pricing is locked. I believe they were told in advance to make sure they placed all orders against allocation before the 30th to ensure the pricing was locked.

He said the pricing on the website is MY24

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, BMW 435i convertible
Country flag
I spoke with my SA and he says all remaining MY23 allocations are assigned (at his dealership) meaning a commission number is assigned so pricing is locked. I believe they were told in advance to make sure they placed all orders against allocation before the 30th to ensure the pricing was locked.

He said the pricing on the website is MY24
Thanks so much. This makes lot of sense.
Sponsored