W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Finding it hard to rationalise what range your car reports and that if @jetbox. Both are UK, you have smaller wheels, both have the same battery but your range (and mine) is well short of his.

Ideal if you can both share average consumption (Total Trip) figures and if you can confirm uPdate has been applied (and when)?
Sponsored

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
Finding it hard to rationalise what range your car reports and that if @jetbox. Both are UK, you have smaller wheels, both have the same battery but your range (and mine) is well short of his.

Ideal if you can both share average consumption (Total Trip) figures and if you can confirm uPdate has been applied (and when)?
Mine was registered end July 22 and I was told all current updates; has the coloured icons etc.
I have 21" taycan exclusive wheels.

Have attached data as requested. Hope that helps and would be interested in feedback. Thanks

Porsche Taycan New software, increased range Screenshot_20220910-090851_My Porsche

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks Adrian 👍

Screenshot_20220910-093312_My Porsche.jpg
Cool and so if @jetbox could oblige the same we could compare.

Mine is currently 3.3 mi/kWh but battery reports around 225 / 230 miles @ 100% prior to uPdate and currently waiting on re-learning to complete to either match or exceed that. Post uPdate I'm currently reporting 167 miles at 85% and pre uPdate this would be 208 miles!

Your car has relatively low miles compared to mine (16.6K) so your consumption should decrease and get closer to 3.3 or ideally higher.

Odd that your range is significantly higher than mine but the consumption suggests the opposite.

The moral of the story is to rely only on average consumption to indicate typical range than rely on whatever the big green battery advises.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
This is since new but more recently 3.2 ish. It’s a bit weird as the numbers don’t stack up. But I have done one trip of 257 miles with twenty miles left

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is since new but more recently 3.2 ish. It’s a bit weird as the numbers don’t stack up. But I have done one trip of 257 miles with twenty miles left
Thx for sharing. Interesting reading indeed and kinda supports my thinking to date.

The headline 300 miles (or close to) reported on this forum are just that - 'headlines'.

Consumption data is where it's at and 3.3 mi/kWh or higher affords 259 real miles at a minimum in ideal day to day conditions.

Hopefully the uPdate enables 3.4 - 3.5 mi/kWh at a minimum.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The moral of the story is to rely only on average consumption to indicate typical range than rely on whatever the big green battery advises.
The more numbers I see thrown up by the Porsche software, the less confidence I have in them- and that includes reported actual consumption.
I need to start logging my total miles between charging and the start and end battery % to do my own calculation of miles per kWh

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
MY23 car production started in July 2022. Porsche always changes the model year at this time.
Maybe this year is an anomaly but new MY production typically starts after the August break.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
What is your reported average consumption (Total Trip) in mi / kWh?
Currently 2.8 but for total life of car 2.5.

Given first few months plus can be considered a break-in periodI imo I don’t put too much weight on this total as yet - and my max no.s to date are of course in summer months - a full year past break in averaging seasonal changes will provide a more accurate average.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Currently 2.8 but for total life of car 2.5.

Given first few months plus can be considered a break-in periodI imo I don’t put too much weight on this total as yet - and my max no.s to date are of course in summer months - a full year past break in averaging seasonal changes will provide a more accurate average.
Ok so not close to the stated battery range then which is what I'd expect. Will improve over time.

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
Ok so not close to the stated battery range then which is what I'd expect. Will improve over time.
Of my miles, about 25% were gentle cruising on a trip from west coast to St andrews ..might explain predicted range
Sponsored