REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
That's insane! You beat my GF's Model 3 range which is at 290+ as of recent. What is your secret sauce?
Wish I knew, would bottle and sell it.
Thinner air at altitude.

I drive it as it should be driven when possible. ?
I tell my wife the car asks for the speed it is not me.

It is why the Carmine Red paint option was more money.
Special paint properties that provide a bit of additional range.

Have not done the latest update so that cannot be the reason. ;)

Very fortunate to be seeing this kind of range. Interested to see what range will be with warmer spring/summer temps. Only had the vehicle since late October/November last year. ?

Last edited:

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wish I knew, would bottle and sell it.
Thinner air at altitude.

I drive it as it should be driven when possible. ?
I tell my wife the car asks for the speed it is not me.

It is why the Carmine Red paint option was more money.
Special paint properties that provide a bit of additional range.

Have not done the latest update so that cannot be the reason. ;)

Very fortunate to be seeing this kind of range. Interested to see what range will be with warmer spring/summer temps. Only had the vehicle since late October/November last year. ?
Gotcha.... Well man, I'm happy for you. Nice going with the car range.

Actually, I thought about getting the Carmine Red on my Taycan but after having had red on a Model S and now a 3, decided to go with the Carrera White Metallic although for a while, I was dead set on the Mamba Green Metallic.

Last edited:

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Gotcha.... Well man, I'm happy for you. Nice going with the car range.

Actually, I thought about getting the Carmine Red on my Taycan but after having had red on a Model S and now a 3, decided to go with the Carrara White Metallic although for a while, I was dead set on the Mamba Green Metallic.
I like the mamba green. Could not convince my better half.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you think your battery does not perform, have you considered to have it checked out, if all cells work properly?
Already been done. They tested my battery and it was within "normal" range, 93% and cells were all pretty balanced.

dmb

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes from day one I have been beating the EPA estimate. At 85 percent charge I do alot of spirited driving and I always been able to get around 240miles down to 7-9 percent.

I just wanted to experiment to see how much more range I could get if I drove like a grandma.

Ambient temp 60-70F at 6am here in Scottsdale, battery temp 80-85F. 10 mile commute down a bigger road...lots of coasting possible. Kept windows up, no AC, no music, range mode, really accelerated as slow as possible and from 85 to 5 percent I was able to eek out 283+/- 2 mile. Now driving like this was not fun but if you had 100 percent charge and include the 12 mile reserve it has even after reaching 0% should be able to get all over 300 miles no?

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
BTW one interesting fact I have not seen talked about is that electric cars get BETTER mileage at higher altitudes, unlike ICE cars. Simple fact that air is less dense so lower drag. I live at Sea Level, I always see much better than EPA on my 4S.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes from day one I have been beating the EPA estimate. At 85 percent charge I do alot of spirited driving and I always been able to get around 240miles down to 7-9 percent.

I just wanted to experiment to see how much more range I could get if I drove like a grandma.

Ambient temp 60-70F at 6am here in Scottsdale, battery temp 80-85F. 10 mile commute down a bigger road...lots of coasting possible. Kept windows up, no AC, no music, range mode, really accelerated as slow as possible and from 85 to 5 percent I was able to eek out 283+/- 2 mile. Now driving like this was not fun but if you had 100 percent charge and include the 12 mile reserve it has even after reaching 0% should be able to get all over 300 miles no?
Unclear. Temperature is right for maximum range but you don't indicate the speed you drove at. Was this test run over 10 miles and you extrapolated the results or did you run the test with the battery starting at 85% going to 5% SOC at constant speed or did you run the 10 miles on subsequent days and summed the results and was the course flat? And don't count on the 12 mile reserve being there. The MY 2020's died when the SOC hit 0%. It appears they gave you a small reserve in the 2021's after SOC hit 0.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unclear. Temperature is right for maximum range but you don't indicate the speed you drove at. Was this test run over 10 miles and you extrapolated the results or did you run the test with the battery starting at 85% going to 5% SOC at constant speed or did you run the 10 miles on subsequent days and summed the results and was the course flat? And don't count on the 12 mile reserve being there. The MY 2020's died when the SOC hit 0%. It appears they gave you a small reserve in the 2021's after SOC hit 0.
That is a very good question. I run my car down to like 15 miles when I want to see the actual real range. I don't extrapolate.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is a very good question. I run my car down to like 15 miles when I want to see the actual real range. I don't extrapolate.
Actually the 15 miles is an extrapolation by the guessometer. At constant load it looks like a highly accurate number if you want to live dangerously and run to 0 SOC.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually the 15 miles is an extrapolation by the guessometer. At constant load it looks like a highly accurate number if you want to live dangerously and run to 0 SOC.
ok, fine, I will run it down lower the next time.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Already been done. They tested my battery and it was within "normal" range, 93% and cells were all pretty balanced.
How many mi have you been driving, and how many fast charge cycles have you done? Doesn't 93% seem to be low for a new battery?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How many mi have you been driving, and how many fast charge cycles have you done? Doesn't 93% seem to be low for a new battery?
I have 9400 miles and the test was done about 3 months ago. I have been told that even the cars that come in NEW are at about 96-97%. I was told that my battery is in good condition.

I have done ZERO 350 KW fast charges, ZERO 150KW charges, probably about 15 50KW charges and the rest are from the Porsche charger at home.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Porsche understate mileage range VS Tesla that overstate mileage range, according to below chart, did anyone actually manage near 300miles for Taycan as stated below?
I regularly get ~285 miles (3.5 mi/kWh) calculated in my 2020 4S. I have rarely tested the range in the real world, however.
Sponsored